Has anyone ever tried to make a replica of the Literary Golden Gun?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited December 2015 in Merchandise Posts: 17,804
I rarely tread in the "Merchandise" section of the community as I am a mere amateur in these matters so please be gentle with me here! :D

After conducting a search this topic doesn't seem to have ever come up on MI6 Community before so I thought I would enquire about it.

I mean the one that featured in the novel - described as "the gold-plated long-barreled, single action Colt .45." There is a description of the golden gun in the Secret Service file in the original final James Bond novel from Ian Fleming - The Man with the Golden Gun (1965).

I know that there have no doubt been many replicas made over the years of the film version of the golden gun but I was curious if anyone had ever went to the trouble of making a replica of the (admittedly less impressive) literary Bond version of the golden gun. I of course realise full well that it would probably be a lot easier to make than the more complex golden gun from the film.

If anyone has undertaken such a project I would really love to hear about it via this thread. If anyone has pictures of their replica gun even better! If I've possibly inspired anyone to possibly make a replica of the original golden gun then at least this thread will not have been in vain! :)

I may be on a hiding to nothing here of course, but I have to take that chance! :)

Comments