Last live event (concerts, plays, etc.) you saw.

13»

Comments

Les Producteurs : That's the version (in french) of Mel Brooks's musical, The Producers. Me, and the rest of the audience, enjoyed it very much.

And here's the last show I'll see this year : Le Roi Lion, french version of The Lion King, which I saw today at the Théâtre Mogador in Paris. I really enjoyed it : costumes, puppetry, actors, everything I needed for a great time.

Lea Salonga : The Dream Again Tour

And a great time was had by all. A great artist, singing great songs (her version of "Bring Him Home" was nothing short of magnificent) in a nice venue (the St. David's Hall). Plus, It was nice being back in Cardiff, despite the trouble I had going to and coming back from Wales (the first time because of the site on which I bought my train ticket from Paddington, the second time because of the number of passengers leaving London. But more on that later this week. Still, I enjoyed myself very much.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE CURE in Oslo Oct12th, with support by The Twilight Sad.
    4th time since 1989 I saw The Cure, and they are stll excellent. Lots of highlights. I had Kyoto Song in particular on my brain for days after. The guests were pretty great as well. They had to stop the show midway through as someone in the audience got hurt, and then Robert did this while the Red Cross made their way, bless him.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Lovely, @Thunderfinger!

I saw Local Hero, the musical based on the film, at Chichester and it was just as sweet and quirky as the original.

TELEMMGLPICT000313075811_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRo0U4xU-30oDveS4pXV-Vv4Xpit_DMGvdp2n7FDd82k.jpeg
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited May 2023 Posts: 2,161
    I go to so many live concerts ( about one a week, last night I saw The Cure) that I rarely bother to post it on here. But tonight I will be seeing a Bond related act, Duran Duran in San Jose, and I know that they play A VIEW TO A KILL at about mid-show. I'm very excited to see it live.

Duran Duran will now join Tom Jones, Paul McCartney, Herb Albert & Lani Hall, Sheryl Crow, Chris Cornell and Jack White as acts that I have caught who also did a Main Bond Theme (sadly, only McCartney and Albert & Hall did their Bond songs when at one of my shows, Albert & Hall played both THE LOOK OF LOVE and NEVER SAY NEVRE AGAIN).
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    THE CURE in Oslo Oct12th, with support by The Twilight Sad.
    4th time since 1989 I saw The Cure, and they are stll excellent. Lots of highlights. I had Kyoto Song in particular on my brain for days after. The guests were pretty great as well. They had to stop the show midway through as someone in the audience got hurt, and then Robert did this while the Red Cross made their way, bless him.

I was never that familiar with the band, but I've always liked a few tunes, so I went. The band sounded great last night, but I'm getting too old to last a three hour show made up of songs that I mostly don't know. I'm glad I went, but I left about halfway into the show. I was surprised at how young much of the audience was, as well how deified Robert Smith seems to be by legions of diehard fans.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 5,802
    A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum : Saw it at the Lido 2 in Paris, a cabaret on the Champs-Élysées. Great musical, with Rufus Hound as the lead (the slave Pseudolus, who wants to be free, and try to help his young master to get the girl he wants). Lots of laughs were had that day.

ee8bb0af0370ca157cabc2a88ce27327-24095-Paris-AFunnyThingHappenedontheWaytotheForumatLido2Paris-01.jpg?w=744&h=465&auto=compress%2Cformat&crop=faces&fit=min

Sacré Pan ! at the Théâtre des Variétés in Paris. Yes, its the french version of Peter Pan goes wrong, done b the same team who did es Faux British (The Play that goes wrong) and Le Gros Diamant du Prince Ludwig (The Comedy about a Bank Robbery). And goes wrong it did ! There were times I was laughing so much I cried. Highly recommanded.

sacre-pan-avec-simon-credit-patrick-bosc-hd-scaled-800x544.jpg