In time, will SP be more or less appreciated?

Comments

• In time, SP will be slightly above the middle of the pack.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In time, SP will be slightly above the middle of the pack.

I'd say No 11 or 12
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Anyone who doesn't rate SP somewhere near TB has a screw loose, and I'll tighten it for them with fists of fury!!!*

* I was going for dangerously out-of-control there- did I succeed?
    :))
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't rate SP somewhere near TB has a screw loose

Why yes I do. Both in my bottom five ;)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Then you're safe from the dreaded @chrisisall and his loafers.
    Anyone who doesn't rate SP somewhere near TB has a screw loose

Why yes I do. Both in my bottom five ;)
    Then it's okay.
    Anyone who doesn't rate SP somewhere near TB has a screw loose, and I'll tighten it for them with fists of fury!!!*

I have Spectre ranked at 8/24 and Thunderball at 10/24
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Wise man.

Wise man.

Is TB at #7 and SP at #12 too far apart @chrisisall? ;)

royale65 wrote: »

Wise man.

Is TB at #7 and SP at #12 too far apart @chrisisall? ;)

aARoveZ_700b.jpg
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I see SP more in the region of GE.
    In 10 years SP will be considered lower Top 10 or 12.

I guess it depends on how the movie trends go as well, maybe if the movie trends dictate a an over the top big films then Spectre will go on the top 10 but of not it could end in the middle.

I didn't say it to bash the film, i loved but its just that the big Bind adventures are really polarizing. Which could prevent this to get in the top 10

@chrisisall

After your definition I have a lot of screws loose :))

SPECTRE
    NO 1

THUNDERBALL
    NO 20

makes 19 screws loose (if I have that many) :))

This might be the one thing we disagree about, actually.
    Hulk-The-Avengers-movie-image-2.jpg
    @BondJasonBond006, you REALLY have them that far apart?? That just makes no sense man. You need to smell what you shovelin'.
    I'm confused on spectre. There's some good bits and some strange bits. Id rank it as a good bond overall. The frustrating thing is that Craig is an excellent bond so good isn't good enough.

It feels like they try to follow the beats of SF a little too closely in the early parts right down to exposition while walking through brick corridors with tanner.

The Rome car chase just pulls me out of the movie. It's unforgivable there are no extra cars on the road.

The scooby doo ending.

Also when bond first meets Denbigh, why does he call him C? I can't make that out at all.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    British joke calling someone 'C" you're calling them a " C, U next tuesay " :D
    I thought it was very funny.
    Also I think the cinematography and score work better on a small screen.

The choir singing as the camera lifts up over Rome is really great, as is the eerie soundtrack as they're all approaching the crater in the rolls Royce.
    @Matt007

I love Scooby-Doo from the original show to Be Cool, Scooby-Doo I have it all.

Maybe that's why I love Spectre so much, it has a Scooby-Doo ending! :)

and @chrisisall

really man, you are clueless, SP must at least have a distance of 12 points in the ranking to TB. It's science.
  • RC7RC7
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Also I think the cinematography and score work better on a small screen.

I've heard other people say this, but I don't get it. This film, like all Bonds, is made for the silver screen. I love watching them at home, but there is no comparison, none whatsoever. I find it baffling.
    @Matt007

I love Scooby-Doo from the original show to Be Cool, Scooby-Doo I have it all.

Maybe that's why I love Spectre so much, it has a Scooby-Doo ending! :)

and @chrisisall

really man, you are clueless, SP must at least have a distance of 12 points in the ranking to TB. It's science.

I rarely like bond films with multiple endingsV I want the onus to be on bond, not his sidekicks having their own battles. It undermines the sene of threat. Like the jinx fight in DAD.
    and @chrisisall

The only science here @BondJasonBond006 is that not all your moons are in orbit. You CAN'T have them that far apart without seeming like an idiot, pardon my Francaise. They are precisely as good (great) as each other.
    Things are beginning to get a bit heated in here...

and @chrisisall

The only science here @BondJasonBond006 is that not all your moons are in orbit. You CAN'T have them that far apart without seeming like an idiot, pardon my Francaise. They are precisely as good (great) as each other.

I think not.
    and Francaise is spelled Française. You rival Denbigh in cluelessness, next thing you'll propose GE is the best Bond movie 8-|
  • TB is a pretty good Bond, and does not fall as far in the latter half of the story as much as SP does.
    and @chrisisall

I think not.
    and Francaise is spelled Française. You rival Denbigh in cluelessness, next thing you'll propose GE is the best Bond movie 8-|
    No it's not the best, and frankly I don't like your attitude here. I started this point spread thing as a goof, but I never thought anyone would actually have them THAT far apart- this, coupled with your smug passive/aggressive tone are starting to piss me off.
    and @chrisisall

I think not.
    No it's not the best, and frankly I don't like your attitude here. I started this point spread thing as a goof, but I never thought anyone would actually have them THAT far apart- this, coupled with your smug passive/aggressive tone are starting to piss me off.

GE is NOT the best Bond movie? How dare you say a thing like this when EVERYBODY knows GE is the best Bond movie!!

There's a galaxy between TB and SP. No, two galaxies.
    And what title is Thunderball? Sounds silly.
    But S p e c t r e....the sound of music! Thunderball is just bad weather...
    and @chrisisall

I think not.

GE is NOT the best Bond movie? How dare you say a thing like this when EVERYBODY knows GE is the best Bond movie!!

How about posting like an adult & not a whiny little fanbaby? Oh, I'm sorry, you DID just turn twelve, right? Then this petulance becomes you. Thunderball rocks, and that's the end of it you twit. >:P
    and @chrisisall

I think not.

How about posting like an adult & not a whiny little fanbaby? Oh, I'm sorry, you DID just turn twelve, right? Then this petulance becomes you. Thunderball rocks, and that's the end of it you twit. >:P

You're the Thunderball fanboy here. I mean how can any sane person believe SP has to be ranked next to TB. That's like saying Toronto is next to Mexico City.

Thunderball is just wrong on all levels. First that name, then a Bond girl named Domino? Will the next one be called Chinese Checkers?

Also those underwater sequences....soooooo boring and unoriginal. Totally copying from FYEO!
  • The underwater stuff in TB was really innovative in its day, and to me still really holds u[. One of my top Bonds, but it's just my opinion.

You're the Thunderball fanboy here. I mean how can any sane person believe SP has to be ranked next to TB. That's like saying Toronto is next to Mexico City.

Thunderball is just wrong on all levels. First that name, then a Bond girl named Domino? Will the next one be called Chinese Checkers?

Also those underwater sequences....soooooo boring and unoriginal. Totally copying from FYEO!
    COPYING??? Did you land on your head when you got born? Look I love SP too, but it's not my damned religion boy! Why don't you sit yourself down and watch CR'67 and have some REAL quality Bond time? And speaking of TIME, how about wasting no more of MINE?
    I should flag your a*s.... monkeyboy
    :(|)