SPECTRE "car chase" - SPOILERS!!!!

2»

Comments

The 'action' in TWINE is tortuous. The nadir being that 5 second shot where the two ski machines career to camera and turn at the last minute. Painfully slow and feels like a storyboard. Mind you. All of the action in that film does. Terrible.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    The 'action' in TWINE is tortuous. The nadir being that 5 second shot where the two ski machines career to camera and turn at the last minute. Painfully slow and feels like a storyboard. Mind you. All of the action in that film does. Terrible.

I can't believe I ever came out of the cinema citing TWINE as the best Brosnan film the action is indeed atrocious.

Thank goodness the series is rid of Vic Armstrong.
    I believe that producers were offered $50M for phone product placement and rejected it. If there is a phone used in the car chase scene, can you see the make/logo?
    Isn't the phone the one Bond gifted to MP as a supposed safe means of him contacting his 'mole'?
    @Cowley yes I think It was the beginning of the end for vic Armstrong. His sequences began to look stilted and old fashioned.

The ski chase is poor, the boat chase is poor. The caviar factory is laughable. The bit where Bond fires his gun the pauses then jumps all in the one shot. So staged.
  • RC7RC7
    FLeiter wrote: »
    I believe that producers were offered $50M for phone product placement and rejected it. If there is a phone used in the car chase scene, can you see the make/logo?

Bond gifts it to MP, so you see the phone clearly when she unwraps it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »
    FLeiter wrote: »

Bond gifts it to MP, so you see the phone clearly when she unwraps it.

So is that why all the advertising in the cinema and the papers for the Sony phone features Moneypenny not Bond?

If I was Sony I would be mightily pissed off though because EON are happy to feature Craig in a whole advert specially filmed for Heineken which is nowhere near the best beer on the market.

And given people are saying the climax was scaled back (I haven't read the Sony leaks myself so don't know how true this is) because of budgetary constraints if they were offering 50m would it really have been so bad to have Bond use a Sony phone?

The completely pointless scene of Bond in the hotel bar getting a text that Patrice was arriving that seved as an advert for the phone last time round wasn't that grossly offensive as to deprive the film of that much money was it?

What would have been wrong with a 10 second shot of Bond in the clinic waiting room playing Candy Crush on his brand new Sony phone before he goes in to see Madeline?
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Apparently Mendes and Dan told Sony that Bond wouldn't use a phone that shit so yes, that's why MP has it.

Or should I say Babs told them, but it was DC and Mendes who didn't want to use it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Apparently Mendes and Dan told Sony that Bond wouldn't use a phone that shit so yes, that's why MP has it.

Or should I say Babs told them, but it was DC and Mendes who didn't want to use it.

Are we sure it wasn't Dan and Mendes just trying to blag a new IPhone 6S for themselves?
  • RC7RC7

Are we sure it wasn't Dan and Mendes just trying to blag a new IPhone 6S for themselves?

Very possible.
    I thought the chase was pitched just about right!
  • RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I thought the chase was pitched just about right!

Agreed. It was unexpected but worked.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I liked it. Am actually glad it wasn't a Bourne style high octane edit-fest. It was classic 007 stuff, at last.
    OP I wasn't fan of the car chase..but you mentioning that Bond had absolutely no reason for calling Moneypenny makes me dislike another part of SP...damnit...

I'll have to see SPECTRE again..I liked it the first time just enough. Will I enjoy it the 2nd time ? Or will I focus more on problems like the one you mentioned. Time will tell.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,068
    It's been mentioned countless times now that SP is a grower and improves every viewing which I agree with. There is a runway it's there for a few seconds. As far as Bond is concerned he's evading trouble having witnessed the meeting and had lost Hinx - what's the big deal about talking to MP to test his hunch about Oberhsuser. He's talking when Hinx rejoins him. All Bond wants to to of is take stock / assess what he's just seen and determine the next best action
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I have to say I liked the fact that it wasn't your 'Hamilton' type car chase with lots of damaged vehicles and cop cars left in it's wake, although making a phone call while driving is of course a stupid thing to do, in the context of the film it provided a light touch and some great gags, and the end gag with throw-away line was great. IMO.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    So what is the community's thoughts on why the chase was a bit slow?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PropertyOfALady, I'm really not sure, because all I heard was negativity about the chase scene before I saw it, and yet I was blown away by how well done and entertaining it was when I saw it.