Daniel Kleinman's titles for TND and TWINE

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
Post CR and SF, I feel Kleinman is really getting the appreciation he deserves. I remember when people used to not really warm up to his work I've especially always liked TND's and TWINE's sequences; they tie into the film and have lots of good uses of colour. DAD is the only one which is really kind of a mess (appropriately, just like the film itself.

Comments

I've always really like Kleinman's titles, I think they're all superb, even DAD. I've only seen it once, but I do think his titles for SPECTRE are his best.
  • tigers99 wrote: »
    I've always really like Kleinman's titles, I think they're all superb, even DAD. I've only seen it once, but I do think his titles for SPECTRE are his best.

I'm a huge fan of Kleinman's titles, too. All of them. That's fantastic to hear you think his SPECTRE titles are his best. Up to this point, I've thought his titles for Skyfall were his finest, most rewardingly audacious work. Can't wait to see what he's pulled off this time!
  • RC7RC7
    I'm a big, big fan of his TND titles, although I don't see much love for them elsewhere.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm also a big fan of his title sequences, I think he has a fantastic
    imagination and skilled enough to bring them to the screen. :)
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    RC7 wrote: »
    I'm a big, big fan of his TND titles, although I don't see much love for them elsewhere.

Count me in as a big fan of TND too, particularly the x-ray stuff which is simply stunning. Not that keen on TWINE though with it's oily ladies and rather garish 90's colour scheme. Can't wait to see what he's done with SP, he'll have to go some though to top GE, one of the series best in my view.

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Interesting. I like Kleinman's work, but found both TND and TWINE to be his weaker efforts.

I love the concept of the diamonds turning into satallites, but TND needed more like this. It definitely looks very pretty, but the work suffered from a lack of focus and had a pastiche feel (meaning it could really sit in any Bond film opening). TWINE on the other hand, I like the concept but it has a horribly garish colour palette. I'm not crazy about the SF titles but have to say I really enjoyed the suitably surreal SP titles.

To me, GE is Kleinman working at the top of his game. CR is also pretty strong and I like the way DAD (despite the film and song) integrates with the narrative.