Ben Williams Review of Trigger Mortis

My copy of Trigger Mortis is on the way. I have avoided reading anything but the most general comments about the novel. This is not the place for fan reviews or spoilers. It is just a thread to comment on Williams' spoiler free review.

At last, some good news and encouragement about a Bond continuation novel. That he compares the novel to Colonel Sun rather than the more recent offerings is quite hopeful. Particularly telling is the observation that the Fleming original material doesn't stand apart from Horowitz's writing. One can only go so long slogging through one unsatisfying continuation novel after another before wondering if it is time to give up on the literary Bond. I'll just be glad to read a Bond novel that feels authentic. I'm sure there'll be plenty of reviews that will offer contrary opinions, but this seems a good
start. Also like the fact that it picks up shortly after Goldfinger. Here we'll see a Bond who has yet to be crushed by
the death of Tracy and who is not fixated on Bloefeld. Won't that be refreshing?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I have it ordered, but it won't be released here in the Colonies until the 29th! [-(