Bond films that claim to be the biggest Bond yet

PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
edited August 2015 in Bond Movies Posts: 3,675
Thunderball: here comes the biggest Bond of all. Most thrilling Bond of all.

YOLT: the best yet from the film creators of 007.

OHMSS:007 times more excitement. James Bond is back, in the biggest 007 adventure of them all! Far up, far out, far more. Back comes Bond, down comes the mountain, on comes the excitement in the biggest 007 adventure of them all! Back comes Bond, on comes the excitement in the biggest 007 adventure of them all!

DAF: Sean Connery as James Bond 007, in the newest, greatest Bond adventure of them all.

LALD: this is the Bond adventure with more excitement, more action, more danger, and more. Much more. Roger Moore as James Bond 007. If you miss this one, you'll miss the most exciting 007 adventure of them all. Everything you've ever loved in a Bond film. More thrills, more excitement, more chills. And more. Roger Moore as James Bond 007 in Live and Let Die! Don't miss the boat, or you'll miss the most exciting Bond film of all. It's livelier, it's deadlier, its Live and Let Die.

TMWTGG: The action is spectacular, reaching a new high for 007. His name is Bond, James Bond. He's taken you on eight of the most exciting adventures in motion picture history. Now get ready for the greatest 007 adventure of all. Starring Roger Moore as James Bond 007. TMWTGG. Its loaded with the most dangerous Bond villains, the most beautiful Bond women, the most incredible Bond action...ever!

TSWLM: my name is Bond, James Bond. My latest and... If I'm not careful, my last assignment will take me to new heights of adventure. New depths of danger. New dimensions of villainy. And... fascinating new women. Every job has its rewards. In this case, it's the Spy Who Loved Me. It's the biggest, its the best, its Bond... and beyond. My name is Bond, James Bond. Since we first met, you've joined me on 9 of my missions. My latest and... If I'm not careful, my last assignment will take me to new heights of adventure. New depths of danger. And new areas of excitement. I will come to grips with my most formidable adversaries, be up against the most fascinating women, and handle some of the most fantastic equipment you've ever seen. It won't be easy, but every job has its rewards. In this case, its the spy who loved me. Roger Moore is James Bond in the newest, most fantastic 007 adventure of all.

Moonraker: More excitement, more thrills, more spills.

Octopussy: "I'm Octopussy. Let me tease you with a peak at the next and most fabulous Bond of all. This is Bond at its best, a spiral of spectacle and thrills. Octopussy tops them all. Nobody does him better. The newest and most exciting of all the James Bond thrillers! This Bond tops them all. Roger Moore as Ian Fleming's James Bond OO7 in Octopussy. Octopussy: racing across the screen with thrills and excitement. Bond hits an all time high. Roger Moore IS Ian Fleming's James Bond OO7 in Octopussy. Roger Moore in his newest and most thrilling of the James Bond adventures, filling the screen with excitement. This is Bond at his best. Hitting an all-time high in Octopussy. The Bond that tops them all.

AVTAK: Set your sights on the best Bond yet.

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So it culminated with AVTAK.
    So it culminated with AVTAK.

It would do...Kara 'brain dead' Milovy was in the next one,so you can hardly promote it.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Having a boring thread day, are we gents?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,798
    I think Cubby in particular always said the new Bond film on release was "the best/biggest one yet."

It's a common marketing slogan in everything from films to novels to foodstuffs and back again. It's simply savvy (albeit often vapid) marketing and nothing more really.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Interesting that "best Bond yet" slogan was dropped after A View to a Kill. I think even in 1985 those types of phrases sounded outdated. Apparently, the trend in film marketing has been to gradually stop explicitly advertising films as "products" --the best, the biggest, etc. The main exception to that would be critic-quoting TV spots and "from the director of" sentences, when used. But for the most part, marketing-wise, the focus now appears to be on the stories and images.

I seem to recall a trailer of The Guns of Navarone narrated by its producer, Carl Foreman. That would never fly today. It would all be about the film itself.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    When Ken Adam was involved for the most part The Biggest Bond Yet was a valid claim.
    The best thread yet!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2018 Posts: 17,798
    I thought it was a new thread too, but it's not. Glad that it got revived though as it's an interesting one! :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I thought it was a new thread too, but it's not. Glad that it got revived though as it's an interesting one! :)

Biggest, best comment of all time!!!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Saying TMWTGG is the biggest bond yet is a sin
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited March 2018 Posts: 6,721
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Biggest, best comment of all time!!!
    It's Bond. It's claims. It's the biggest, boldest, Bondiest, claimiest, threadest thread of them all! Is it really possible for one internet thread to continue this much excitement? Find out this summer right now at the MI6 forums! :D

Okay, time to get serious.

I'll be the biggest, boldest, seriousest user of them all!
    @mattjoes is the best username of them all!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    seriousest =))