Interesting Finds In Bond Movies

Comments

• In details, the chakra torture scene originally had a wide shot of Stamper struggling to remove the knife and Gupta leaping towards Bond before Bond throws the guard to the floor and Stamper removes the knife. It's all there in deleted scenes! :) You should see the Cutting Edge episode for the film's list of cuts and specific visual removals.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    @Motleycat74

Wouldn't that concern TND rather than TLD?
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 229
    eddychaput wrote: »
    @Motleycat74
    Wouldn't that concern TND rather than TLD?
    Yes.
  • Hey Gunbarrels, did you got my message about Tomorrow Never Dies video cuts?
    Actually, regarding Tomorrow Never Dies I didn't want to make another thread for this but I do have another interesting clip from the workprint version, it has the original on sound effects as it was filmed.

• I should just point out, Motley, that the cuts list for Tomorrow Never Dies was a special recreation made for the Cutting Edge episode. The actual list compiled was a lot different, and we'll be referring to the actual one in the documentary I am working on.
    GavSalkeld wrote: »
    I should just point out, Motley, that the cuts list for Tomorrow Never Dies was a special recreation made for the Cutting Edge episode. The actual list compiled was a lot different, and we'll be referring to the actual one in the documentary I am working on.
    Interestingly, melonfarmers.co.uk has those cuts listed but I'm not sure if the accompanied screenshots are from the actual workprint. I've changed the topic title to a more appropriate one to include other films in the series.
  • GavSalkeld wrote: »
    I should just point out, Motley, that the cuts list for Tomorrow Never Dies was a special recreation made for the Cutting Edge episode. The actual list compiled was a lot different, and we'll be referring to the actual one in the documentary I am working on.

Ohh! Right! Anyways, we can always support Gunbarrels for more content.
  • Hello?
  • Hope I see a new post on this thread very soon. ;)
    ^ lol, oh that's funny.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He had no wings for water? :))
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    All these tentacles and he still can't swim. ;)
  • Robert Bolton just uploaded the GoldenEye gunbarrel.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Are you including every lover of Bond who dies?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TWINE, DAD, SP?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Can you guess which three Bond films had no sacrificial lamb?
    echo wrote: »
    TWINE, DAD, SP?

I'd add GE to that list @echo.
    But can't think of anyone in the three as listed.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Zukovsky?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Zukovsky?

True, but does he die? It's never confirmed.
    His status is presumed dead.

• edited January 2016 Posts: 229
    This one's back on my channel.
    Also added a lot more clips from the workprint.
    Sark wrote: »
    Are you including every lover of Bond who dies?

All of the ones that occur because they're mixed up with him. Not the Femme Fatales, unless they switched sides first.
    incompetence or neglect

That doesn't seem like the same standard.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited January 2016 Posts: 5,921
    I counted Zukofsky as dead, my list was GOLDENEYE, DIE ANOTHER DAY and SPECTRE.

I thought of GE but what about all the people at Severnaya station?

The entire series is the sacrificial lamb in DAD.

SP felt a bit weird without a sacrificial lamb. I believe it's one of the critical components of a Bond film because, even when weakly done (like LALD), it raises the stakes for Bond.
  • Isn't Bond himself the sacrificial lamb of DAD? No, obviously he doesn't die, but he essentially fits that role.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 314
    I guess SP evens out with no sacrificial lamb seeing as how there were two in CR.
    I think that after Bond himself and Bernard Lee's M, Mr. White is my favorite character in the film franchise.

Those are some good choices. White is one of my personal favorites as well.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Isn't Bond himself the sacrificial lamb of DAD? No, obviously he doesn't die, but he essentially fits that role.

Surely it's Moneypenny - they nearly killed that character with that final scene.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,686
    I've been watching GE endlessly since the early 2000's, and I just noticed that in the Cuban satellite station, after Bond shoots the guards to let Natalya get to the mainframe computer, it's not one of his mines he slides towards the guards, but his gun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Are you saying its a goof, or that the gun was designed to explode?

Just that I've never noticed it before.

Edit: Haha! I understand, wrong thread. Sorry.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,138
    What doesn't?
    Dying because you got involved with Bond and dying because Bond neglected you or was incompetent. Those are two different things.

It seems like you're saying that every woman who slept with Bond and later died was his fault.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,138
    Surely their misconception is their own fault. I would say Bond exudes danger in an equal or greater degree than confidence, which should damper their hopes for safety.