Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    He appeared alot more relaxed and jovial than he has in other interviews I've seen him in.
    Love how the crowd reacts when the talk turns to Bond 23. Take that naysayers.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I think it's fair to say Daniel Craig has been a huge hit as Bond with the general public. He won't suit everyone of course (that's natural) but on the whole he has cracked it in the USA which is most important and he has cracked it with the ladies.

Many Bond fans don't like him because he doesn't fit the Bond mould of 'tall, dark and handsome', but in the 21st century, whether we like it or not, that isn't really relevent to movie audiences.

And the excitement the announcement of a new Bond film generates is nothing short of remarkable.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    it must be his big ears or his blond thinning hair that the USA fans like about him!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No doubt, there's a hunger for Bond now. It's been a long time and with Craig established as Bond, Bond 23 could by far be the biggest yet at the box office.

The USA love him too, he sure has cracked it.

I hope he's staying with Bond for a good while yet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Bond 23 could by far be the biggest yet at the box office.
    $400 millions more than CR ? I doubt it. It'll be big, but biggest ever? No. It can be the biggest Craig film at the box office.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Bond 23 could by far be the biggest yet at the box office.
    $400 millions more than CR ? I doubt it. It'll be big, but biggest ever? No.
    I meant not adjusting inflation, of course. So $600 million plus. There's no way a Bond film could earn $1 billion, though I'd like to see it happen.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I dare say B23 could be the first Bond film since TB to make over 100 millions ticket sales.
    I dare say B23 could be the first Bond film since TB to make over 100 millions ticket sales.
    Now you mention that, I wish I had that graph with the admissions of all the film listed, you know the one I mean?

Anyway,100 million may be a stretch but we may get near it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,470
    Thanks for the links, appreciate it.

The little Bond question at the end just makes me realize that this is shooting very, very soon. Bring on Bond 23. My big worry: I live in America, so everyone in England gets to see it TWO WHOLE WEEKS before me. Don't be surprised if I take a long leave of absence at that time, :-))
    Here you go Samuel

Ah, good! I'm been trying to find that for years, I never thought anyone would have it, so thanks @DaltonCraig007.

Bond 23 may get someone near From Russia With Love's intake but I doubt it'll top 100 million ticket sales. If Bond fever rises into the 24th film, who knows...
    I'll probably contribute 2 million ticket sales, myself.
    Well whenever there's atleast a 3 years gap, the ticket sales rise by atleast 10 millions... So yes I do think the hiatus can make B23 get to 100 millions.
    Well whenever there's atleast a 3 years gap, the ticket sales rise by atleast 10 millions... So yes I do think the hiatus can make B23 get to 100 millions.
    Quantum Of Solace got about 86 million, so another ten is still only 96. It's also the 50th anniversary though, so maybe. A good film will help a great deal too.
    But look at LTK to Goldeneye: over 40 million after such a long hiatus. QoS came out in 2008, so a four year gap could do some good. But then again, DAD to CR, even with a new Bond, there wasn't that significant an increase. We shall see.
    But look at LTK to Goldeneye: over 40 million after such a long hiatus. QoS came out in 2008, so a four year gap could do some good. But then again, DAD to CR, even with a new Bond, there wasn't that significant an increase. We shall see.
    DAD to CR is 12 millions more, so we would be very close to 100 millions ticket... Well you have to admit LTK was made at catastrophic times, with major underperformers that nearly killed the franchise, especially the AVTAK-TLD-LTK trilogy.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,470
    Yeah, you're right about that, @DaltonCraig007. I hope Bond 23 is the third to hit 100 million or more. I know I'll be doing my part to slightly increase those numbers.

And with this four year hiatus and talks of how amazing the script is, word of mouth may get around and it just might hit that 100 million mark. Look at Rise of the Planet of the Apes, that's exactly what is going on right now with that film.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    amazing how no Bond film has grossed 100+ Million since TB, weird!!

Not even YOLT and DAF.
    I'

Not even YOLT and DAF.
    Those figures are ticket sales, not money earnings.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I'

Not even YOLT and DAF.
    Then.... amazing how no Bond film has sold 100+ Million tickets since TB, weird!!

Not even YOLT and DAF.

I'

Not even YOLT and DAF.
    Then.... amazing how no Bond film has sold 100+ Million tickets since TB, weird!!

Not even YOLT and DAF.

Why? I thought everyone knew Thuderball was the peak of Bondmania?
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I'

Not even YOLT and DAF.

Not even YOLT and DAF.

Why? I thought everyone knew Thuderball was the peak of Bondmania?
    We know that... It's just that the difference is HUGE. TB made 166 millions, the closest is LALD at 91 millions... Even if TB was the peak of Bondmania, it's still amazing every outings after that finished THAT FAR off TB. It *is* amazing that no Bond film reahed 100 millions tickets since TB. 100 millions is still nowhere near Bond mania.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    so I guess Connery was not the factor for TB selling 100 Million+ tickets.

If he was, then YOLT and especially DAF should had sold as many tickets.
    Cool links, thanks J7! Nice interview.