London Premiere where/when?

in SPECTRE Posts: 15
Hi all,
Anyone here in the know where the London premiere will be taking place? I remember limited tickets being available to the general public for the Skyfall one at the RAH. Sorry if there's been another post on the same topic - couldn't find one.
«1345

Comments

  • Hi all,
    I'm also interested to know if there is any news on the Royal Premiere? Will it be held at the Royal Albert Hall?
    I'm coming in London for 1 year so that's a chance in a lifetime...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,237
    The premiere will take place on October 26th, most likely at the RAH. Though it hasn't been confirmed.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,808
    Do bear in mind that given the opening night showings across the UK simultaneous with the premiere, I wouldn't count on tickets for the RAH being available like Skyfall, given you can just go to any nearby cinema to see the film at the same time as those at the premiere.
  • It's not just for the movie, in the royal premiere you see the actor, the red carpet and I never went to RAH (I will work at Imperial College so it's really close to it). Does somebody know other way to get the ticket?
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,808
    halowine wrote: »
    It's not just for the movie, in the royal premiere you see the actor, the red carpet and I never went to RAH (I will work at Imperial College so it's really close to it). Does somebody know other way to get the ticket?

    Apart from if you happen to know anyone with an invitation (connected to Sony/EON, press, etc) then no. :P

    You can still see the actors and the red carpet and get photographs and autographs without a ticket - just line up along the red carpet with all the other fellow fans. Only thing an invite really gives you is to go inside to see the film, which, given the first showings in cinemas are taking place at the same time at 8pm, is not worth the effort and money. If the premiere was a couple of weeks before the film is released in the UK, that'd be different.

    What I'd really suggest is get to RAH at say maybe 5 or earlier to get a good spot, then i'd imagine arrivals will be around 6pm, then once you get all the photographs and autographs you wanted with/from the actors, around 7pm, grab a taxi to the cinema where you're seeing the film at 8pm. I won't be surprised if there is a live feed from inside the Albert Hall at some showings (probably Odeon's, at Leicester Square, BFI IMAX etc) so you'll be able to see Mendes and Craig and co give their introduction before the film starts.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    halowine wrote: »
    It's not just for the movie, in the royal premiere you see the actor, the red carpet and I never went to RAH (I will work at Imperial College so it's really close to it). Does somebody know other way to get the ticket?

    Apart from if you happen to know anyone with an invitation (connected to Sony/EON, press, etc) then no. :P

    You can still see the actors and the red carpet and get photographs and autographs without a ticket - just line up along the red carpet with all the other fellow fans. Only thing an invite really gives you is to go inside to see the film, which, given the first showings in cinemas are taking place at the same time at 8pm, is not worth the effort and money. If the premiere was a couple of weeks before the film is released in the UK, that'd be different.

    What I'd really suggest is get to RAH at say maybe 5 or earlier to get a good spot, then i'd imagine arrivals will be around 6pm, then once you get all the photographs and autographs you wanted with/from the actors, around 7pm, grab a taxi to the cinema where you're seeing the film at 8pm. I won't be surprised if there is a live feed from inside the Albert Hall at some showings (probably Odeon's, at Leicester Square, BFI IMAX etc) so you'll be able to see Mendes and Craig and co give their introduction before the film starts.

    Thank you for the information! So you would say it's better to come at about 5? And could you give me some help about where it is better to stand? Thank you
  • Posts: 2,808
    Hard to say given as we don't know whether the layout of the carpet will be the same as with Skyfall.

    Probably a good place to stand is on the north side of the carpet, before it goes to the left to the RAH stairs. That's where I was last year and got autographs from Mendes and Berenice (Craig and Dench kept getting interrupted by interviewers though).
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 17
    antovolk wrote: »
    Hard to say given as we don't know whether the layout of the carpet will be the same as with Skyfall.

    Probably a good place to stand is on the north side of the carpet, before it goes to the left to the RAH stairs. That's where I was last year and got autographs from Mendes and Berenice (Craig and Dench kept getting interrupted by interviewers though).

    Oh, thank you very much! You mean on the Prince Consort Rd, near the Imperial College Union building? How long did you wait last time till the arrival of the cast?
  • Posts: 2,808
    IrmaII wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Hard to say given as we don't know whether the layout of the carpet will be the same as with Skyfall.

    Probably a good place to stand is on the north side of the carpet, before it goes to the left to the RAH stairs. That's where I was last year and got autographs from Mendes and Berenice (Craig and Dench kept getting interrupted by interviewers though).

    Oh, thank you very much! You mean on the Prince Consort Rd, near the Imperial College Union building? How long did you wait last time till the arrival of the cast?

    Precisely.

    I got there about 5 last time and cast started to arrive near 6, if I remember correctly.
  • Just found this http://www.highlifegroup.co.uk/th_event/spectre-film-premiere/

    It's said everything will be on the Leicester Square.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,808
    IrmaII wrote: »
    Just found this http://www.highlifegroup.co.uk/th_event/spectre-film-premiere/

    It's said everything will be on the Leicester Square.

    I think they're just guessing. Both the Empire and the Odeon Leicester Square have said that they will show the film on opening night simultaneously with the premiere, so it's Albert Hall (plus Odeon initially said on their website then deleted that it'll be at the RAH too)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,090
    The stars will be at the RAH and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be like how it was for SF where we could get tickets to attend. If that does indeed turn out to be the case then I'm not going to be hanging about, standing around looking.
  • Posts: 2,808
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The stars will be at the RAH and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be like how it was for SF where we could get tickets to attend. If that does indeed turn out to be the case then I'm not going to be hanging about, standing around looking.

    Agreed - letting people buy tickets to the RAH is pointless as they can go to literally any cinema nearby to see the film at the same time.

  • If you wanna stand outside the premier, just to see the actors, maybe take some photos and hopefully get some signatures, when would you recommend getting there? Would really appreciate if someone could give me a few answers since I'm going all the way from Sweden. Because it is possible right?
  • If you wanna stand outside the premier, just to see the actors, maybe take some photos and hopefully get some signatures, when would you recommend getting there? Would really appreciate if someone could give me a few answers since I'm going all the way from Sweden. Because it is possible right?
    Sorry, saw just now that the question already had been answered above

  • edited September 2015 Posts: 17
    antovolk wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The stars will be at the RAH and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be like how it was for SF where we could get tickets to attend. If that does indeed turn out to be the case then I'm not going to be hanging about, standing around looking.

    Agreed - letting people buy tickets to the RAH is pointless as they can go to literally any cinema nearby to see the film at the same time.

    That compnay I gave the link to sells the tickets to the actual premiere + afterparty. 5150 pounds for a ticket, could you imagine?
    That's why I thought the place could be the right one and now I'm a bit confused.

    fromswedenwithlove I'm coming all the way from Russia for one day only :)
    And I really want to see the red carpet
  • IrmaII wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The stars will be at the RAH and I'm pretty sure it's not going to be like how it was for SF where we could get tickets to attend. If that does indeed turn out to be the case then I'm not going to be hanging about, standing around looking.

    Agreed - letting people buy tickets to the RAH is pointless as they can go to literally any cinema nearby to see the film at the same time.

    That compnay I gave the link to sells the tickets to the actual premiere + afterparty. 5150 pounds for a ticket, could you imagine?
    That's why I thought the place could be the right one and now I'm a bit confused.

    fromswedenwithlove I'm coming all the way from Russia for one day only :)
    And I really want to see the red carpet
    Really? Maybe we could meet up?

    :)
  • Posts: 219
    IrmaII wrote:
    That compnay I gave the link to sells the tickets to the actual premiere + afterparty. 5150 pounds for a ticket, could you imagine?
    That's why I thought the place could be the right one and now I'm a bit confused.

    Also got a reply from a company which claims the Premiere of Spectre will be held in RAH. The prize (1 ticket) for attending to this event including the after-party seems clearly in the same range: ~£4,500.
  • Now I'm very confused. Glad I don't have that money anyway
  • Posts: 2,808
    IrmaII wrote: »
    Now I'm very confused. Glad I don't have that money anyway

    It's at the Albert Hall, otherwise the two Leicester Square cinemas wouldn't be playing it on the 26th.
  • Right. It's a relief. I hope I won't get there too late and I can get a nice place.
    Just watched the video from the Skyfall premier, so many people!
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 17
    fromswedenwithlove

    I have to think about it :)
  • So....
    We still don't have confirmation of where the Red carpet event(s) will be.
    RAH, Odeon LC, IMAX ?
    I've booked 7:30pm Marble Arch tickets just in case so not far from RAH or O LC.
  • Posts: 2,808
    Giugiaro wrote: »
    So....
    We still don't have confirmation of where the Red carpet event(s) will be.
    RAH, Odeon LC, IMAX ?
    I've booked 7:30pm Marble Arch tickets just in case so not far from RAH or O LC.

    RAH. Odeon LC has public opening night showing 7:30pm,
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,172
    Just booked my ticket to the ODEON Premiere in Leicester Square on October 26th at 11:30 PM. Looking forward to meet the gang there.
  • Posts: 2,808
    Just booked my ticket to the ODEON Premiere in Leicester Square on October 26th at 11:30 PM. Looking forward to meet the gang there.
    Dang, seems you missed out on 7:30pm :P you could've gone IMAX too with that time as well!

  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, SwedenModerator
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,346
    I booked a couple of tickets for the 7.30pm screening @ Leicester Square. It was more of a security action (before they sold out), if I decide to travel to London.

    Then I learned that the only way to collect the tickets is upfront @ LS...

    So... Now I either have to go, or lose £40

    :bz
  • So, the latest news.

    It'll be at RAH.
    William, Kate and Harry are to attend.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,172
    If, by any chance, someone in this dear Community, would be able to buy the tickets to the Royal Premiere, I'll be more than happy attend, and will be forever greatful. :)
  • Posts: 6,601
    Me too.
Sign In or Register to comment.