Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• edited March 27 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    The responses given by George and Pierce are nothing more than both being gracious when being asked a for an opinion concerning a hypothetical casting possibility , which was based on a discredited story oriented in a dubious tabloid. Whew…

Also, the fact that so many legitimate outlets ran with the Sun story makes me question the reliability of the media as a whole.

Exactly. Shame on them. They should have least written about the rumours being probably false, and then moved on to the real Pierce and George's reactions. That would've been better journalism, IMO.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »
    The responses given by George and Pierce are nothing more than both being gracious when being asked a for an opinion concerning a hypothetical casting possibility , which was based on a discredited story oriented in a dubious tabloid. Whew…

Also, the fact that so many legitimate outlets ran with the Sun story makes me question the reliability of the media as a whole.

Exactly. Shame on them. They should have least written about the rumours being probably false, and then moved on to the real Pierce and George's reactions. That would've been better journalism, IMO.

Yeah, the media seemingly has lost the point when it started to compete with the insta “news” of social media (if I say it, it’s real!).

Anyways, back to my workout, 😂
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Hit it! 💪🏼
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 27 Posts: 1,368
    It's looking like October would be very interesting.
  • edited March 27 Posts: 703
    peter wrote: »
    Thankfully George and Pierce have absolutely nothing to do with the casting of the next Bond.

I don't care about their opinions but it seems that Variety and Deadline do.

Another ripple from the original Sun story…

Yeah, I Know but Deadline and Variety are following that story.

Because the Pierce quote is real, despite the ATJ story not being real at all. Not rocket science, this.

And...?

The quote is pointless without ATJ story.

Gobble-gobble, @DEKE_RIVERS .. does Brosnan’s opinion about an actor make the “story” truthful? No. Absolutely not.

This is all manufactured, as the Princess Catherine stories were grossly out of line.

My point is... Variety doesn't know more than us. Neither Deadline.

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Deadline has likely put one of their top columnists on this, like Mike Fleming— the guy who breaks the big stories.

I’m gonna guess he did his job. Had a sniff around and discovered there’s no meat to this at all, and he’s gone back to reporting breaking news (the Mike Flemings write about Chamalet signing a first look deal with Warners, and the Mike Flemings would have written an article about Bond, if it had any truth. But he hasn’t. So these media are giving the daily news of what The Sun is reporting (note: The Sun), and they’re reporting on the daily news of what Brosnan’s thoughts are, based on what The Sun insists is happening (note: not deadline).

When the Mike Fleming-types break the news or report on it, there will be genuine weight to the story.

Until then, they’re doing what everyone else is doing (The Sun reported….).

Gobble-gobble….

The whole point is they don't know anything. That's why they can't kill the rumor.
    To fill the gap between NTTD and Bond 26, EON should publish the Boyle/Hodge Bond 25 script. Make it an event!
    To fill the gap between NTTD and Bond 26, EON should publish the Boyle/Hodge Bond 25 script. Make it an event!

I can see why they wouldn’t. Likely there’s an element of it being incomplete/not a single ‘finished’ script but drafts that were getting to a certain point. I can even imagine Boyle/Hodge not wanting to release it as it would lead to potentially unfair criticisms for where it was at (by their own admission they seem to think it wasn’t in its best shape, and for all intents and purposes everyone connected to EON who has read it has said the same). Also it wouldn’t be fair to the NTTD we actually got. It’s one thing to release scripts of Dalton’s third planned film as that’s so separate from what GE became in terms of story and when it was released. It’s not an alternative version of GE in this sense and can’t really be compared to it as circumstance led to it being scrapped. Boyle’s Bond 25, on the other hand, shares fundamental elements of NTTD (ie. a retired Bond coming back for a last mission and dying) and could actually have been the Bond film we got. I don’t think it’d be worth us fans critiquing it/potentially a chunk of us claiming that we should have gotten that film instead.

Also, it might be a case that it’s… well, a bit boring. I’m sure some of the concept art that’s been released online will make its way into a future book about this. Perhaps even a page or two of a draft. But not quite the full script.
  • Never believe the media. Eliott Carver-type puppets. Theres no news like bad news.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thankfully George and Pierce have absolutely nothing to do with the casting of the next Bond.

Because the Pierce quote is real, despite the ATJ story not being real at all. Not rocket science, this.

And...?

Gobble-gobble, @DEKE_RIVERS .. does Brosnan’s opinion about an actor make the “story” truthful? No. Absolutely not.

This is all manufactured, as the Princess Catherine stories were grossly out of line.

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Deadline has likely put one of their top columnists on this, like Mike Fleming— the guy who breaks the big stories.

I’m gonna guess he did his job. Had a sniff around and discovered there’s no meat to this at all, and he’s gone back to reporting breaking news (the Mike Flemings write about Chamalet signing a first look deal with Warners, and the Mike Flemings would have written an article about Bond, if it had any truth. But he hasn’t. So these media are giving the daily news of what The Sun is reporting (note: The Sun), and they’re reporting on the daily news of what Brosnan’s thoughts are, based on what The Sun insists is happening (note: not deadline).

When the Mike Fleming-types break the news or report on it, there will be genuine weight to the story.

Gobble-gobble….

The whole point is they don't know anything. That's why they can't kill the rumor.

@DEKE_RIVERS … I guess ATJ’s ppl, who said he hasn’t been signed as Bond, don’t know anything either (?); they’re saying straight up: he hasn’t been signed, and yet the rumour persists.

I think the Mike Flemings of the world KNOW there’s nothing to report here, therefore they aren’t wasting the time typing an article. Their job isn’t to stop every rumour that’s released every day. It’s to report and comment on what’s actually happening. Say that with me: they will write and comment on things that are ACTUALLY happening.

🙄…

And...?

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Gobble-gobble….

@DEKE_RIVERS … I guess ATJ’s ppl, who said he hasn’t been signed as Bond, don’t know anything either (?); they’re saying straight up: he hasn’t been signed, and yet the rumour persists.

I think the Mike Flemings of the world KNOW there’s nothing to report here, therefore they aren’t wasting the time typing an article. Their job isn’t to stop every rumour that’s released every day. It’s to report and comment on what’s actually happening. Say that with me: they will write and comment on things that are ACTUALLY happening.

🙄…

They are talking about the rumour! They are wasting time now.

• peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 27 Posts: 8,501

And...?

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Gobble-gobble….

🙄…

They are talking about the romour!

@DEKE_RIVERS . They’re talking about Brosnan’s THOUGHTS on the actor based off this rumour— you do understand the difference, correct?

If investigative journalists from HR, Variety and DL start commenting, there is genuine weight behind what is being written, cuz that’s their jobs.

But these investigative journalists have been silent, not because they don’t want to break this scoop wide open— they do, that’s their jobs and why they’re the leaders in their industry— but it’s likely they investigated, found no meat on the bone, and they continued writing about what’s ACTUALLY breaking in the film world.

I mean, Deke, if you want to get your general news (not talking films, but general news), from rags like The Sun as the source instead of, say, the NYT or Washington Post, go at it.

This rumour is clickbait. Not as disgusting as those done on the Princess, but we are in the same ball park: throw poop against the wall, and see what sticks.

In the end, serious journalists that have a reputation for delivering breaking news (after, you know, researching, having sources that respect them and often pass on insider information), will report and comment, IF THE STORY IS TRUE. To date, they have nothing to say because there is nothing to say.

You can keep your Sun, and say, “but everyone’s talking about it!”. I’ll wait for the real deal to come through— and this ain’t it.

And all DL did, like an AP report that passes from media to media, was repeat a comment that Brosnan said of ATJ if he’s chosen as Bond.

Even Lazenby said he doesn’t think ATJ’s signed (knowing there are these things called “auditions”; he had to do them in ‘68/69, Cillian Murphy, Jake Gylenhaal and Bale did them for Batman in 04, the guy who got SM did them. ATJ et al will have to do them for Bond as well.).

If next the Sun claims the sky is Orange, I hope you believe that too.

Ridiculous waste of time…

And...?

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Gobble-gobble….

🙄…

@DEKE_RIVERS . They’re talking about Brosnan’s THOUGHTS on the actor based off this rumour— you do understand the difference, correct?

I don't care about Brosnan's thoughts but they do. Why?

If they don't want to waste time...

Look, I don't believe the rumour but I'm open-minded. I guess Deadline and Variety are open-minded too.

• peterpeter Toronto
    edited March 27 Posts: 8,501

And...?

Oh. That’s your point.

Okay.

Gobble-gobble….

🙄…

I don't care about Brosnan's thoughts but they do care. Why?

If they don't want to waste time...

Look, I don't believe in the rumour but I'm open-minded. I guess Deadline and Variety are open-minded too.

@DEKE_RIVERS …. It’s a blurb, that takes a small piece and fills space, but UNLIKE the rumour, Brosnan made a comment, and they repeated his quotes based on his feelings for the actor.

Anyways, the sky is orange, ATJ has shot the gun barrel, is being measured for the tux during negotiations, had the role in ‘22, signed the deal last week, and this is so close to the truth that EoN aren’t ending this now by making the official announcement cuz they want the thunder stolen from them by The Sun, Nolan will be shooting three films as period, and the world is flat.

I think I’ve covered it all.

EDIT: @DEKE_RIVERS the below are examples of breaking news that happens daily, and the journalists that cover the breaking news stories and report on them first (when these types of names start writing about who the new James Bond is, I’m going to shut up and listen)

And tap their names and look at what they were writing about on the day of The Sun’s “breaking new”, and the stories they were writing in the days after…:

https://deadline.com/2024/03/timothee-chalamet-warner-bros-1235868583/

https://deadline.com/2024/03/darren-star-overall-deal-universal-television-1235868119/
    (Peruse all the “exclusives” Nellie breaks, or co-breaks…)

https://deadline.com/2024/03/bruce-springsteen-jeremy-allen-white-movie-scott-stuber-nebraska-scott-cooper-directing-a24-ellen-goldsmith-vein-1235868961/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/bob-iger-disney-nelson-peltz-shareholder-meeting-1235860938/

If you care to take the effort to look at these writers, especially the DL journos , and see their role is to provide their readership with EXCLUSIVE news, BREAKING news.

It’s not that they don’t know anything, as you claim, but there’s nothing in The Sun’s story for them to write about.

I have to retire from this, and I’ve wanted to, but then I see poop on wall being gobble-gobbled and reported here like this poop is in fact Gospel.

And finally, a nice and intelligent warning from The Bond Dossier :

“It’s important to note that when it comes to casting rumours and speculation surrounding the next James Bond actor, media reports are extremely unreliable. In the past, many false reports and rumours have circulated, leading to confusion and disappointment among fans… the official announcement of the next Bond actor will come from Eon Productions… Therefore, it’s always wise to take any unconfirmed reports with a grain of salt before getting too excited about potential casting news. And remember to look out for a director announcement before an actor is chosen anyway….”
    The James Bond Dossier

I wonder how big the chances are that there will be some official news this year...
    I'm starting to think we may have to wait until next year regarding Bond 26 news.
    Maybe the first official information we hear could be the choice of the director?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I saw a youtuber late last year say that as long as there's an announcement by the end of April then we're on track, and I've been using that as a guideline ever since. If we get to May 1st and there's still no word it's probably time to start panicking.
  • edited March 27 Posts: 2,897
    I saw a youtuber late last year say that as long as there's an announcement by the end of April then we're on track, and I've been using that as a guideline ever since. If we get to May 1st and there's still no word it's probably time to start panicking.

On track for what exactly? Official Bond news can come at any time. How long it is until the film is released is another question (I mean, is anyone seriously thinking this film will be released before 2026? Anything’s possible, but why would anyone following this expect that, if any specific deadline at all? And why would that be any reason to panic about something like James Bond?)
    If the stars align for Denis Villeneuve we will hear something before the end of the year, possibly late summer. He has a narrow window; things will move quickly if he is named as director.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I agree @007HallY Out of the deepest blue, major Bond 26 news can sprout.
    I'm losing track. Are there rumors that someone is thinking about portraying Bond, or is someone thinking about rumors that they'll portray Bond ? These are two ENTIRELY different things...I think...I thiiiiiiiiink...I think they're both untrue.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I saw a youtuber
    Not really a reliable source for anything then. Could be someone who posts here.
    late last year say that as long as there's an announcement by the end of April then we're on track,
    On track for what exactly? Nothing has been announced even, no script, no director, Bond 26 isn't greenlit to go into production.
    and I've been using that as a guideline ever since.
    A youtuber's comment is your barometer for Bond 26 production? To quote Shady Tree, 'that's like finding a virgin in a maternity ward. '
    If we get to May 1st and there's still no word it's probably time to start panicking.
    Panicking about what though? Nothing is happening right now. When EON have something to say, then they'll tell us all.
    If the next Bond film comes out in 2026, 2027, 2028 or whenever, the world keeps spinning. We all want a new Bond film, but it will come, when EON are ready.

Well, last night my Ouija board said….
    What? What? WHAT?
    Tell us!
    Sorry, dark forces would not be happy if I shared, but, OMG… 😳
    ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
    :((
    :-O
    :-SS
    ~X(
    >:P
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Don't ask me how I know, I just do. Bond 26 will be crowned as, "WAVE-LINK". Trust me I just know.
  • edited March 27 Posts: 6,677
    Actually, my fortune teller, who goes by the name of Simone Latrelle, assured me that it would be called Beyond the Ice or Genoma of a Woman, one or the other.
    smug-daniel-craig.gif
    If we are to accept no Bond has been cast, are we also to accept that the producers have yet to reimagine where Bond goes next?
    CrabKey wrote: »
    If we are to accept no Bond has been cast, are we also to accept that the producers have yet to reimagine where Bond goes next?

I would say so.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Oh yes, YouTube. The source of truth. The new religion. YouTubers, my friend, know nothing. Unless they do. But most often they don't. It's a wasteland of empty speculation, wishful thinking and gossip. What matters is what they actually (don't) know, not how convincingly they report on it. My advice to you, @Mendes4Lyfe: don't look to YouTube for any news at this point. You'll only be wasting perfectly good digital energy.

Panicking? You're taking this thing far too seriously, mate. I wasn't panicking when the lead actress from Body Of Evidence somehow managed to star in a Bond film. I wasn't panicking when Alicia Keys blurted 'Bang! Bang!'. I wasn't even panicking when the world locked down and NTTD was put back in the fridge. If the absence of Bond-related news causes panick in you, I sure hope your neighbours never decide to mow their lawn early in the morning. I mean... "panick"... that's a little extreme.

If you're starving for anything Bond, anything at all, there are over two dozen perfectly enjoyable Bond films for you to sit through. Read your Flemings again. Page through some of the many really good books on the subject of Bond. That should keep you going for a while.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm hyperventilating.