Anything good to say about the Bond you dislike most?

Over the years I've been visiting this site, I've certainly offered my opinions about the Bond I like least--Roger Moore.
But I don't dislike Roger Moore the man. I just have very strong opinions about how much I don't like his portrayal of Bond.
In fact of all the Bond actors, my sense is that Roger Moore would probably be the most fun to meet, sit down with, have a drink with and listen to a few stories. Not that I wouldn't like to meet all of the actors, but Moore seems ad if he'd be the one who would be the most fun to spend time with. SC, my favorite, has always seemed distant and grumpy.

So that's my question--of the Bond actors you like least, anything positive you can say?

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i dont think there is a Bond i really don't like, they all have their good/bad qualities - but for the most part i like all the films (some just less -or way less- than others)

but, if i had to pick the one i like the least, it would probably be Lazenby... but i'll say for not being trained as an actor, and literally making the jump straight from being a male model to James Bond, he does an admirable job and his performance doesn't take away from the film at all. He has a great screen presence and brought tremendous physicality to the role - even more so than Connery... I would've liked to have seen a proper follow up with him in DAF, and see how he might have grown (as an actor) with the role.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wow, well, I guess the actor I like least must be Craig.
    He brings a nearly unmatched intensity to the role, and a wit drier than a Martini. He's the most physically capable of the bunch (even Laz was not so quick), and he respects Fleming's creation as much as Dalton did. He's a pretty terrific Bond.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Wow, well, I guess the actor I like least must be Craig.
    He brings a nearly unmatched intensity to the role, and a wit drier than a Martini. He's the most physically capable of the bunch (even Laz was not so quick), and he respects Fleming's creation as much as Dalton did. He's a pretty terrific Bond.

Pretty much my sentiment, too.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I don't really dislike any of the actors. I don't know them personally so can't comment on or judge their personalities. In terms of their Bond characterizations, I agree that they all have their good and bad points.

The one who I always found weakest was Pierce Brosnan. He did look smashing as Bond however, probably brought in a lot of female fans (and certainly a lot of younger fans) to the franchise, kept it afloat during the troubled transition time of the 90's/early 00's (until it found its feet/funding), and gave me one of my most awaited and exciting cinematic experiences with the return of 'cool' 007 in the make or break blockbuster that was GE. I would have liked to have seen Martin Campbell do the sequel, as I'm sure my appreciation for Brosnan would have grown as a result.
    I am with the original poster...I really, REALLY don't like Roger Moore as Bond, but I'm so grateful that he WAS Bond. There couldn't be a nicer man, more giving of himself, acting as an ambassador for the series as a whole. A terrific man that we're lucky to have as part of this series, even if his films aren't my thing in the main
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Brosnan would be my least favourite 007,but that doesn't mean I dislike
    The guy or his films. It's just ( in my opinion) he came across as Moore light.
    Although he has fantastic comic timing looks fantastic in those suits. ;)
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Roger Moore has done more to support marriage than others might have ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Charles Brosnan- I liked him in Mars Attacks.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Was good in death wish, too;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    And the Bond film, Telefon. ;)