Bond On Set: Spectre

=bg==bg= SFO
in SPECTRE Posts: 1,025
Anyone heard if there will be one?

Comments

  • Posts: 5,745
    Greg Williams recently (as in mentioned on Twitter 9 hours from this very post) was involved in a photo shoot with Naomi Harris, and wrote on Naomi's Instagram pic "See you soon xxxx"



    I'm confident he will be doing some Bond related work soon (he did Craig's OMEGA ad for Skyfall, as well as some other shots). As for a Bond On Set book, I may ring his manager line on his website tomorrow. I'll let you know.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Posts: 4,168
    I was just about to ask this. I hope he does.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,588
    I do also. I have the Skyfall book & I love it. I really hope he does SPECTRE.
  • Posts: 12,020
    I would be very surprised if Eon had not got Greg on board for this adventure too. I thought I read on the production thread that he appeared on one of the photo's on set of the production?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,172
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if Eon had not got Greg on board for this adventure too. I thought I read on the production thread that he appeared on one of the photo's on set of the production?

    I think someone spotted him in Obertilliach.
  • Posts: 406
    Hope so. I Enjoy those books
  • Posts: 12,020
    His books are fantastic! I have purchased all his Bond books! And I will certainly buy his Spectre book should one be produced?!!! :-bd
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 13,419
    I'd hope so.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,943
    Can anyone recommend the best place to get the last three 'Bond on Set' books?

    I've had a look on Amazon and they are quite pricey, and the ones listed on eBay seem to be a smaller version. Not sure where else to look. They're listed as being out of stock/print at a lot of book stores in Australia, unfortunately :(

    Will definitely be grabbing a copy of the new one, if/when it comes out!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Posts: 364
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best place to get the last three 'Bond on Set' books?

    I've had a look on Amazon and they are quite pricey, and the ones listed on eBay seem to be a smaller version. Not sure where else to look. They're listed as being out of stock/print at a lot of book stores in Australia, unfortunately :(

    Will definitely be grabbing a copy of the new one, if/when it comes out!

    They are tough to find for cheap. I can't even reason with myself why I didn't buy the Skyfall one when that came out. I must have been drunk on vodka martinis or something.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,943
    eddychaput wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend the best place to get the last three 'Bond on Set' books?

    I've had a look on Amazon and they are quite pricey, and the ones listed on eBay seem to be a smaller version. Not sure where else to look. They're listed as being out of stock/print at a lot of book stores in Australia, unfortunately :(

    Will definitely be grabbing a copy of the new one, if/when it comes out!

    They are tough to find for cheap. I can't even reason with myself why I didn't buy the Skyfall one when that came out. I must have been drunk on vodka martinis or something.

    I don't suppose there's any chance they re-release them when a new one comes out? *lives in hope*
  • I bought both Casino and Skyfall for 16 bucks.
  • =bg==bg= SFO
    Posts: 1,025
    Got all of 'em..DAD, CR, QOS, SF..hope they do this one.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,925
    I found CR, QoS (which is the toughest to find cheap), and SF all for under $40 U.S.

    Keep searching Amazon and eBay for deals.

    Also keep in mind that there are three different versions of the CR book, one of which is a mini.

    In terms of there being a SP book, I remember this from back in January. Isn't that Williams with the camera?

    QJNlTIF.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,943
    TripAces wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that there are three different versions of the CR book, one of which is a mini.

    Ah okay, didn't realise there are different versions of the CR book. What is the difference between them? Is one better than the other?

  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,925
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that there are three different versions of the CR book, one of which is a mini.

    Ah okay, didn't realise there are different versions of the CR book. What is the difference between them? Is one better than the other?

    The versions are different based on design and format, and not content.

    There are two versions of the 12x12" book. One is hardcover, with no dust jacket and with the cover picture printed directly on the cover. The other is cloth-bound with a dust jacket.

    Then there is also a 7x7" version.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,943
    TripAces wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that there are three different versions of the CR book, one of which is a mini.

    Ah okay, didn't realise there are different versions of the CR book. What is the difference between them? Is one better than the other?

    The versions are different based on design and format, and not content.

    There are two versions of the 12x12" book. One is hardcover, with no dust jacket and with the cover picture printed directly on the cover. The other is cloth-bound with a dust jacket.

    Then there is also a 7x7" version.

    Ah great, I was worried they had different content, but if it's just the design/format.

    So, this one would be fine to get?

  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    Having an extension in my flat so boxing up books, chucked in the Williams books along with the Garth Pearce 'Making Ofs' for GE and TND. Had a flick through, I'd forgotten they're actually pretty good!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,925
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Also keep in mind that there are three different versions of the CR book, one of which is a mini.

    Ah okay, didn't realise there are different versions of the CR book. What is the difference between them? Is one better than the other?

    The versions are different based on design and format, and not content.

    There are two versions of the 12x12" book. One is hardcover, with no dust jacket and with the cover picture printed directly on the cover. The other is cloth-bound with a dust jacket.

    Then there is also a 7x7" version.

    Ah great, I was worried they had different content, but if it's just the design/format.

    So, this one would be fine to get?

    Yes, this is the larger version. No telling if it is the one with the dust jacket or not.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Posts: 364
    Well, I bit the bullet and bought the Skyfall editon. There was only one left at Amazon.ca so there was no rebate. Really feel stupid for having not purchased that earlier, but whatever, at least my copy is on the way.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Posts: 3,172
    So it looks like we won't have BOND ON SET this year. Instead, there's a Rankin book coming out in October.

    Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the Scenes of Spectre (Curated by Rankin)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241207142/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

    In the run-up to the latest James Bond film, SPECTRE, renowned photographer Rankin takes us from script to screen in Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the Scenes of SPECTRE, curating an ensemble of exclusive photography and cast and crew interviews. Also features contributions from celebrity photographers including Mary McCartney, Eliott Erwitt and Brigitte Lecombe.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Posts: 364
    So it looks like we won't have BOND ON SET this year. Instead, there's a Rankin book coming out in October.

    Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the Scenes of Spectre (Curated by Rankin)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0241207142/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

    In the run-up to the latest James Bond film, SPECTRE, renowned photographer Rankin takes us from script to screen in Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the Scenes of SPECTRE, curating an ensemble of exclusive photography and cast and crew interviews. Also features contributions from celebrity photographers including Mary McCartney, Eliott Erwitt and Brigitte Lecombe.

    A shame. Still, the description comes across as something aiming at least to be a successor to the Bond on Set series. Time will tell. Pre-ordered.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 4,619
    This is very sad news. I was looking forward to it more than to the movie itself.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    This is very sad news. I was looking forward to it more than to the movie itself.

    Rankin is hardly a slouch, I'm sure it'll be decent.
  • Posts: 12,020
    Quite disappointed about this as the Bond on set books are very impressive! Alas I guess we will have to see what this book will look like?
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Posts: 359
    Oh. Well.

    At least DK is publishing it so it will hopefully "fit" in the Bond on Set series in terms of content.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,925
    Chevron wrote: »
    Oh. Well.

    At least DK is publishing it so it will hopefully "fit" in the Bond on Set series in terms of content.

    If DK is publishing it, then I am confident it will basically be the same type of book.
Sign In or Register to comment.