S.P.E.C.T.R.E. = The Illuminati?

2»

Comments

DarthDimi wrote: »
    I fail to see why we should go there is all. Spectre is a great creation by the wonderful Ian Fleming. That should be enough. There is no real-world connection, no Illuminati link, nothing besides what's in Fleming's novels or in the movies.

and that is more than enough material.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Each of the Bond movies keeps up with the times and uses plots/villains that are central to the current events of the time of filming. Due to the economic crisis, terrorism, and other major events today, secret societies and the Illuminati keep being brought up.

So, I wonder, if this is EON's way of bringing today's issue of economic terrorism to the film.

I agree with your statement. Definitely, the films are updated for the times. Fleming's source material serves as inspiration but is adjusted to serve today's world..

However, I don't think SPECTRE is the Illuminati literally.

What it most likely will be in the film is a manifestation/reflection of today's big power brokers/decision makers (usually corporates and bankers - certainly rich folk) who are capable of influencing governments and others in positions of power for their own means. Such folks inevitably are 'clubby' and have meetings that exclude the 'little people'. The Bilderberg Group conferences are a perfect example. In the Bond universe, the Quantum meeting at the Opera is an exaggerated example of this. I'm not suggesting that anyone in reality is meeting specifically get a grip/lock on South American water supplies, but certainly vested interests are being discussed at these meeting and world events influenced to accommodate certain interests more than others. So SPECTRE/Quantum is an exaggeration of such groups/power brokers.
    They want us to think it's all in our heads.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Illuminati secretly fund Bond movies to divert attention to themselves in real life.
    :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And who owns this site?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting that anyone in reality is meeting specifically get a grip/lock on South American water supplies,
    Not specifically South America, but there are companies, like Nestlé, which buy rights for commercial use of water. Perhaps it´s not (yet) on a national scale, but there are communities suffering from this, because the water from their local wells is shipped someplace totally else by those companies.

BTW, the crisis in Syria was initially hugely influenced by another country shutting down the water supply.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,806
    And who owns this site?

David Icke.

icke-header.jpg
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting that anyone in reality is meeting specifically get a grip/lock on South American water supplies,
    Not specifically South America, but there are companies, like Nestlé, which buy rights for commercial use of water. Perhaps it´s not (yet) on a national scale, but there are communities suffering from this, because the water from their local wells is shipped someplace totally else by those companies.

BTW, the crisis in Syria was initially hugely influenced by another country shutting down the water supply.

I have a friend in the army who told me water will be more and more a cause of conflict.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,806
    Ludovico wrote: »

I have a friend in the army who told me water will be more and more a cause of conflict.

So the much-maligned plot of Quantum of Solace had a point after all. I've always thought that it did by the way.
  • PassionForTheGenrePassionForTheGenre Can I press you to a cukecumber sandwich?
    Now now lads. I do NOT think that in Spectre we will see any Illuminati imagery or connections (even though they are usualy hidden in plain sight). But I do know, that Hollywood seeds ideas in the minds of moviegoers to "aclimate" them to certain ideas, so that when it happens in real life eventually, the public will not be so shocked. Illuminati imagery is everywhere, you just have to know how to look through new eyes. So I predict SPECTRE will have some ideas. That will REMIND you of illuminati, and that's the goal all along.. just to get you thinking, accepting.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Going off topic because, well, this topic is bogus anyway, I'd like to know how nasty they will make SPECTRE. Let's me clarify. I want SPECTRE to be "evil" in that safe movie kind of way, meaning I want to be willing to hang out with these guys. Like 60s SPECTRE, where, if we close our eyes for the proverbial "death of millions", it's actually kinda cool to be in Blofeld's chair. Take TB for example. The idea is extortion, not extinction. In a pleasant James Bond fantasy, I could go with that.

What I wouldn't want, however, is for this new SPECTRE to be ripped from modern newspaper headlines where it involves mass murder and such. Terrorism has become such a dirty word, I doubt I'd have a great time with the film if they constantly remind me that at any moment some nut with a car bomb parked outside the theatre could blow us all up.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

So the much-maligned plot of Quantum of Solace had a point after all. I've always thought that it did by the way.

so did I. Actually one of the strongest elements of QOS. Not entirely original but not very much used except in a few masterpieces : Chinatown, once upon a time in the west, etc.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Dragonpol wrote: »

so did I. Actually one of the strongest elements of QOS. Not entirely original but not very much used except in a few masterpieces : Chinatown, once upon a time in the west, etc.

And now Tom Selleck has stolen water in draught-ridden California.