Is there anything for the PS3 console?

CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
edited August 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 7,971
I never roamed these parts of the forum before, becouse I never played the games. Now my girlfriend bought Bloodstone for me on PC (we didn't have the PS3 yet) and somehow i liked it. I did miss the possibility to choose the lines to say yourself, and the finding clues was plain stupid (nice, ehem, a smartphone that tells you what's evidence and what's not), but the game is enjoyable.
However, now we have the PS3 and so I was wondering: Is it worth buying Bloodstone on PS3, is it any different? Or is ther eany other decent 007 game out there for this console?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Other than BS, there's only QOS, and that was as dreary as the film.

Seeing as you have a PS3 you might as well buy non-Bond games. As a PS3 owner myself, I can't recommend highly enough both the Uncharted games. With the 3rd game out later this year, there'd be no better time to pick the previous games up. There's also Resistance & Resistance 2, again there's a 3rd game on the horizon. And not forgetting Heavenly Sword.

Heavy Rain was highly praised, but I found that game so glitchy, it just kept me at arms length from liking the game.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I was wondering about the resistance games, so I might try that. Found Red Dead Redemtion fantastic, but I guess there aren't many like those, except for GTA of course.
    I do like QoS though (the movie) but has the game more to offer then just beeing a shooter? And Uncharted? what's that about?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted

If you love the Indiana Jones films or just action adventure films in general, then you'll love the Uncharted games.

Drakes Fortune trailer:

Among Thieves trailer:

Drakes Deception trailer:
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Ok, I'm definately sold! That looks like a cross over between Indy, Bond, and whatever! Pity I can't run off to the shops right now, boss wouldn't like it ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Uncharted is such a filmic experience it doesn't need a film adaptation - that's how good the series is, one of the best I've ever.

I can't say enough good things about those games @CommanderRoss, you have to buy them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just like Heavy Rain - was such a cinematic experience playing it that a movie couldn't even top it.
    Uncharted is such a filmic experience it doesn't need a film adaptation - that's how good the series is, one of the best I've ever.

I can't say enough good things about those games @CommanderRoss, you have to buy them.
    I agree 100 per cent. No need for that movie adaptation. In my mind, Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg will never be Drake. There's only one Drake and that's Drake from the games, voiced by Nolan North.

Just like he wasn't Max Payne.
    @SharkBait, Nathan Fillion would be a great Drake.
    Actually he might fit the bill. He looks a bit like Drake and he could probably deliver humor too.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,471
    Yeah, I think so. Alot of fans have been wanting him to play Drake, and he's even spoken out saying he would love to play as him, so who knows. Time will tell.
    I'd rather a CGI Uncharted film, that way it really would be the Drake of the games.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I second the Uncharted series. The best of Sony indeed.
    ok,ok,ok, i get it, i'll get them! ;)
    You guys are quite convincing (and hooked).
    As I'm now halfway through Uncharted 1 I must admit this is exactly the sort of game I was looking for! Great fun indeed! The only drawback is that the two I ordered (came as a package) turned out to be Dutch spoken! It didn't say so online nor on the box. That's just increadable annoying, as the Dutch actors aren't proper actors but just random people they picked up on the street or something. And those villains have the stupidest lines ever when you're in combat. But, that aside, the game is great fun!
    If U1 had any drawbacks, then it was a little short. U2 (not the group) makes up for that, though.
    Well, I've got both, so there's still some time to go ;-)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Uncharted 2 will change your life @CommanderRoss, and don't even get me started on my Uncharted 3 hype. GET HERE NOW NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!
    You turn out to be absolutely right. Got a full day wasted on just playing that game. Will put it aside for a bit, too addictive! (and can't get past that bloody tank! ;) )
    You have to shoot the tank with the various RPGs around. I think you already know that though. So are you having trouble with the heavily armed men shooting you?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Yes, MGS4 if you have no care for understanding a single thing in the singleplayer.
    Nope, well, did, but now they're dead! ;) I hid behind the tank when I lost the local guy, but I have found out I should go right instead of left. Got the tank and ended yesterday evening at the sniper tower. Cool stuff. Really love this game. Why can't they make a game like this with Bond? Love the music too. Well, I'm off killing some more evil goons of mister warcriminal ;)
    Picked up 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' yesterday, and it's a pretty entertaining game, so far. If you find some free time and are in the mood for a good story to play along with, I would suggest trying this game out.
    really i was on the fence with Dues Ex as i want a good spyish game i might pick it up later
    It's not heavily action packed, though, if that's what you're looking for. It's more story-driven, and the action doesn't really deliver. Still, the 'open-world' feel of the game isn't too much, and heavily feels like 'The Darkness'. A bit disappointed, but it's still entertaining.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Darn it to heck !! I was going to get Deus Ex for the 360 (don't have a PS3)... Guess I'll have to find another game to buy. :/
    Why @DC007? That's just @Creasy's opinion after all.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    @0Brady I follow closely the opinions of members here on games - I am not a huge game connaisseurs, so I welcome insights to help me chose new games to buy.
    Well you have the 360 so you're already off to a bad start. *cough* Uncharted *cough* (JK) ;-) Or am I?? :-?
    Sorry @0Brady but I am not in the optic of this consoles war... I've had the N64, than the PS2, now the 360... I am not pro-microsoft or pro-Sony or whatever, I just try different things.

I've once connected my 360 to a projector at the movie theatre where I work... It was just awesome fun playing games on the huge screen in the auditorium. And with the great sound system movie theatres have, it's mind blowing to hear the sound coming from everywhere around you.