Unofficial Bond 20 Script?

ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
edited June 2015 in Bond Movies Posts: 15,423
There have been several rumours back in 2001 surrounding around the leaking of the 20th Bond film's script, called Final Assignment, which has been proven not be the genuine draft for what has become later Die Another Day. Now, I have never read nor have ever had the script, but I wonder to those who might have a link to it, is it possible that I could get the chance to familiarize myself with it, since it does have interesting concepts according to this article?
http://commanderbond.net/475/spy-report-the-james-bond-20-script.html

Now, I would be very grateful if anyone provides me with a copy of the material that is... if anyone at all... has it. Thank you.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Back when MI6HQ hosted fanfictions, there was a novelization of half of that script. The author claimed he had the most complete version of the script, and that he'd contacted the author but received no reply. This was some time ago.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, no one has it stored somewhere, I presume? Ah well... Maybe someday it will be sold at auctions, and someone will publish it online.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sounds very interesting. I assume it still hasn't been found yet?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What I wanna see is the first B21 draft.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What I wanna see is the first B21 draft.

CGI Miami sequence where Bond rides the plane away from the bomb. :)
    What?! Did you make that up, or is that actually in there.
    I bought a CR script off of Ebay some time ago and it is slightly different from the final film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    CrzChris4 wrote: »
    I bought a CR script off of Ebay some time ago and it is slightly different from the final film.

You might have been hornswoggled.
  • I remember there were rumours at the time about Brosnan wanting to shoot in Ireland and a plot involving the IRA, with Bond teaming up with more moderate IRA members to stop something that threatened to undo the peace talks? Don't know how much truth there is to that though, especially since there's no trace of that premise in DAD.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 462
    I wouldn't use the word hornswagged on a $10 reproduction script. They never claimed it to be the first draft, nor any draft - I bought it while in film school to see how scripts are properly formatted and written, and because I thought it would be an interesting piece to add to my film memorabilia collection. Can't complain with my purchase, I actually purchased one for the film Scarface from the same buyer around the same time.

I will have to dig it out sometime and get some pictures.
    Please do!