Will we know the 25th Bond film title when the end credits of "SPECTRE" roll?

in SPECTRE Posts: 11,119
What do you think? Is it possible? I have a distinct feeling that they could do this for the very first time since 1983's "Octopussy". I can even imagine a Marvel-esque (post) credits ending, that creates a lot of extra turmoil and gossiping on the social media and internet.

Comments

No we won't but uhm it would be cool if we did see this

The End of Spectre

James bond will Return in

The Hildebrand Rarity.

but I doubt it will happen
  • RC7RC7
    No.
    Shatterhand!
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Not a prayer.
    Yeah I was wondering about a post-credits teaser as that's a big trend right now. All the big blockbusters are doing it, and EON usually jumps on trends like this. So presuming SPECTRE (the organization), and it's 'Number One' continues in some form into Bond 25, I can see it happening.

I wouldn't mind SHATTERHAND as a title, as that would signify that maybe they're heading into Fleming's YOLT territory (and it would form a nice S trilogy with Skyfall and Spectre :) )

@timmer had a scenario for Bond 25 and even 26 using YOLT and the Shatterhand title that made great sense to me. I'll try to find the thread to link to it but hopefully if he enters into this thread, maybe he will repeat his post.
    I've mentioned this before, that if they are working on the idea of B25 as a close tie in that they would use the title at the end. If they have preplanned that far then I think it is a possibility. The PCS on-the-other-hand I find unlikely. Marvel do it, and do it well. But even they are pulling away from them, either by shortening them of just having a mid-title sequence instead.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing about reviving the title at the end. It would make sense here. As far as a post-credits clip, I'm not for it. Bond films have their own mythology and formula. And I want my Bond films to come off as something classier than a summer action film.

Well put @Birdleson
    Bond is not Marvel. I don't want a teaser at the end. Also by adding the next films title at the end, kind of commits EON to much. As there are possibly three years before the next film. In the 60's, 70's and early 80's, they were churning out the films every other year. And the actors generally were more than likely going to return with the next film. If Spectre proves to be Craigs final Bond film, then by adding the follow up title commits EON to take that story path. For example, at the end of TSWLM, the next film was supposed to be FYEO. But then Cubby jumped on the Star Wars bandwagon and we got MR, with the three year gap between films, a lot can happen. Long story short, I don't think we'll get the title at the end.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    It won't happen because it would distract from SP to have the media constantly mentioning the title of the next film.

Eon want everyone to be talking about this film, not giving opinions on whether or not they like the sound of the next one from the title.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I hope so, because it is a Bond tradition that I always enjoyed. Since that tradition was removed, something has always been missing for me (like the loss of gunbarrel at the beginning of the DC movies, to date.....).

I don't think it will happen though......but it might......as a one off this time only. I think it would be great marketing for B25
  • RC7RC7
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    It won't happen because it would distract from SP to have the media constantly mentioning the title of the next film.

Eon want everyone to be talking about this film, not giving opinions on whether or not they like the sound of the next one from the title.

I agree. There was a logic to how it worked in the past, so it's not surprising it ended once they'd pretty much exhausted the most memorable Fleming titles.

There are too many variables that would stop this happening imo. Think of the buzz back on December 5th when they launched SP. We're the only franchise who set up a bespoke press conference on that level just to announce a title, it's pretty much become a key part of the Bond circus. I wouldn't want to lose that, personally.

Then there's the fact they could well shoot themselves in the foot. You may settle on what you think is a great title, but find that during script development it has become somewhat redundant, or just null and void, or you may just happen upon an even better one.

There is always talk about the future, whether that means early outlines, or a single page treatment, but the idea of deciding on a title before the current film hits would also not be something endorsed by the studio. For marketing purposes it would be disasterous to announce a title and then be bound by it, or worse still, have to change it.

Unless they have locked down the creative team and script of B25, I don't see what there is to gain from this. In fact, even if they had I still think they'd be blowing their load early.

Stick to the title launch, I say. No end credits scene either, just 'James Bond will return'.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    I think the chances of Sarah Palin making a topless appearance at Gay Pride 2015 are higher, to be honest...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I too very much doubt it will happen again, but would love it if it did.

(Next title, not topless Palin)
    I'm actually fully agreeing with @RC7 here. In all honesty, this must have been one of my worst topics in here :-P.

I was just thinking that by showing the title at the end of "SPECTRE" it would result in even more promotional free buzz for "SPECTRE".

But in hindsight it's quite ludicrous really. Because indeed, then you can't have these wonderful title launch press conferences / photo calls :-P.

I do think however, that we can expect a rather grim ending in "SPECTRE" though. Something that screams "Blofeld and S.P.E.C.T.R.E. will be back!"
    I wouldn't bet on it, but if it was ever going to return, this seems like a good moment. if Craig is indeed contracted for another film as he had himself said before, so maybe they have pre-planned a SPECTRE two-parter saga that allows for a quicker two-year gap production. plus, it also allows Craig the option for a sixth -however unlikely- film before he gets way too old (though allow me to remind everyone that Tom Cruise keeps hanging out of airplanes at 53).
    Sadly those days are gone!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Highly unlikely.

Still think 25 will be a continuation of SP though.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    For the ending of "SPECTRE", it would seem logical that "SPECTRE" would have a title after watching "SPECTRE". "SPECTRE" might lead up to another "SPECTRE" film. Man, I really like the title "SPECTRE", I hope that Eon can come up with another great title like "SPECTRE". "SPECTRE".
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If the title is indeed revealed at the end of SPECTRE my life will be made.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    For the ending of "SPECTRE", it would seem logical that "SPECTRE" would have a title after watching "SPECTRE". "SPECTRE" might lead up to another "SPECTRE" film. Man, I really like the title "SPECTRE", I hope that Eon can come up with another great title like "SPECTRE". "SPECTRE".

The word SPECTRE is losing all meaning. While I do wish they would announce the title at the end, I doubt they will

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Let's call Bond 25 "SPECTRE: Part II"

SPECTRE: Resurrection ;)
    I'd love it but find the possibility highly unlikely at best. They would need to know fairly well what they'd be doing for Bond 25, enough to have a fitting title. Very unlikely.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Walecs wrote: »

SPECTRE: Forever is Not Enough

:p
    Walecs wrote: »

SPECTRE: Forever is Not Enough

:p

Funny :-P. But I always thought "The Hildebrand Rarity" is a magnificent title. Sounds very 'old 1950's English', thus can actually create a lot of gossip. "What the hell does THIS mean??".
    I want The Hildebrand Rarity to be used in Craig's tenure.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Risico007 wrote: »

If it wasn't already a Fleming title most fans would be bemused by it, never mind regular cinema goers. I'd rather they capture the essence of Fleming as opposed to using a title just for the sake of it.
    RC7 wrote: »

If it wasn't already a Fleming title most fans would be bemused by it, never mind regular cinema goers. I'd rather they capture the essence of Fleming as opposed to using a title just for the sake of it.

I actually think it is a brilliant title. Old-fashioned and mysterious.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

I like it, but I wouldn't want it used for the sake of shoehorning in a Fleming title. It works in the context of the book, but as you say it has an old-fashioned quality to it, where I feel the films should feel up to date. It feels like it's of its time. Something like Risico feels like it would work whatever the context, or whenever the time.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I like it, but I wouldn't want it used for the sake of shoehorning in a Fleming title. It works in the context of the book, but as you say it has an old-fashioned quality to it, where I feel the films should feel up to date. It feels like it's of its time. Something like Risico feels like it would work whatever the context, or whenever the time.

Of course I'd love to see it use providing they find the right context. I always saw the Hildebrand Rarity as a MacGuffen.