Favorite Bond Theme Song?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't. I just enjoy debunking it ;-)
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    I don't take you seriously , either . [-(
    P-M me to fight , lets keep it clean here .
    Once again: nope. I don't see how anything I've said isn't credible: it's either a movie quote (fact), movie scene (fact), or an opinion (opinion).

Wait, here I go again...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Stay calm, do_me_nicely.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    Creasy I am talking to Daltoncraig . Sorry for the mis-understanding !
    I am calm . :)
    No worries. Either way, it's all fine here, no need to fight.
    Not a theme song, but one I whistle a lot (I love the accent!): Underneath the Mango Tree
    Same last time I watched DN I was whistling/humming it for AGES

Oh I forgot the QOS theme I put on the YouTube thread

• the spy who loved me
    for your eyes only
    you only live twice and moonraker have the best songs for romance in my view
    live and let die(better then the film)same w a view to a kill
    the man w the golden gun
  • I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so I have to go for Thunderball, Goldfinger, and From Russia with Love (in that order).

Goldeneye by Tina Turner is also good, and 'Surrender' by KD Lang would be near the top if its included!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    YKMN, DN's theme(thanks Monty), FRWL(I wish the vocals were added in the main theme), GF(classic), TB(Thank you Tom). These are only some of my favorites, my high end if you will. Other than TND and DAD I quite enjoy listening to playlists of the Bond themes. Each have something special(once again excluding TND and DAD) and I quite enjoy them. Though it is known on MI6 that I dislike Moore's Bond greatly, and get ready for this @DC: I think besides Connery's film's themes, Moore's had the strongest themes next to all the rest. LALD is pure brilliance(It's McCartney, what do you expect??), TMWTGG is okay, but not garbage, TSWLM is very impressive and renown, Bassey singing yet again in MR is too great for words, FYEO has a great spark at times, All-Time High in OP is very pleasing, and I absolutely love Duran Duran in AVTAK. Additionally I equally enjoy TLD's theme, and it is Dalton's Bond's better theme in my opinion. The whole 'I've got a license to kill and I'm going straight for your heart' ruins LTK for me. Regardless, the Bond films have had some damn good musical talent, and I'm glad we all get to revel in it.
  • Diamonds are Forever
    A View to a Kill
    Where Has Everybody Gone
    Goldfinger
    You Know My Name
    Live and Let Die

I like the OHMSS instrumental better than any of them though, and the FRWL instrumental (far superior to the vocal imho) I would probably place after AVTAK.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited September 2011 Posts: 3,262
    My top 5:

001) "Thunderball" by Tom Jones(the ultimate anthem to Bond IMHO)
    002) "You Only Live Twice" by Nancy Sinatra(couldn't get the medley out of my head after first hearing it)
    003) "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" by John Barry and Orchestra(favorite instrumental title song)
    004) "You Know My Name" by Chris Cornell.(A modern day Bond anthem)
    005) "A View To A Kill" by Duran Duran(if only the film itself were as good).
  • you know my name....really? Come on Prince baby surely there must be something else? :O
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Hey, remember this thread????

Updated list time!

1. You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
    2. Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
    3. Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey
    4. Live and Let Die - Paul McCartney and Wings
    5. A View to a Kill - Duran Duran
    6. Skyfall - Adele
    1. Live and Let Die: Just listen to it. That "BUMMMMMMM BUMMMMMM" right after the first lines will be the most powerful moment of a Bond theme probably forever. Listen to it while you drive, and suddenly you'll feel like the 1.3 litre smart car behind you is following suspiciously close, and thus you must encourage a chase.

2. From Russia With Love (lyric version): I like it. It's got style and class, and suave. Perfect for it's film and for Bond.

3. You Only Live Twice: It's Asian flare (thank you Mr. Barry) makes it the most unique Bond theme. Unfortunately upon research you'll find Nancy didn't/couldn't sing it in one take, so it technically was never 'completed', but the mix of what she could do is phenomenal and one of the greatest Bond ballads.

4. Skyfall: Sounds modern, but homages a classic theme and a classic man. Possibly the most film-centric and involved Bond ballads, it tells a 2.5 hour story in 5 minutes and still makes you feel it.

5. Diamonds Are Forever: The only Bassey ballad I really like out of film (though she has two potential Bond themes that I find phenomenal), its powerful and honestly the best part of its respective film.
    It has to be A View to a Kill by Duran Duran! It must be! Close seconds would be GoldenEye by Tina Turner, The Living Daylights by a-ha, The World is not Enough by Garbage, and Live and Let Die by Wings!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,817
    My classification:
    Great
    You Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service Theme
    We Have All the Time in the World
    A View to a Kill
    You Know My Name

Good
    From Russia with Love
    Goldfinger
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Live and Let Die
    The Man with the Golden Gun
    The Living Daylights
    Skyfall

Ok
    Thunderball
    Nobody Does it Better
    All Time High
    GoldenEye
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    The World is Not Enough
    Another Way to Die

Bad
    Moonraker
    For Your Eyes Only
    Licence to Kill

Worst
    Die Another Day
    Really hard as i love GoldFinger, Live And Let Die, and A View To A Kill! So i will say all three! :D
    I was waiting to see if this thread would generate any love for Adele, now that her theme song has been released.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Top 5 best.

1) Live And Let Die. It's just epic. Not just the best Bond songs, but a classic rock song too.

2) You Know My Name. Fits the film perfectly, it's catchy, it sounds really Bondanian and it's a great rock song.

3) OHMSS. Really catchy, great song that gets fitted into the films score too.

4) TWINE. Big, brassy, bold, catchy and you can tell straight away it's a Bond song.

5) TLD. Maybe a bit too 80s pop but I've always had a soft spot for it since I saw TLD in the cinema when I was just 5. And again, it's mixed in really well with the score.

Top 5 worst.

1) AWTD. Worst thing Jack White has ever done, and it's a shame because I'm a fan of his. No melody, the duet just doesn't work, Keys just sounds annoying at times.

2) DAD. Too electro and repetative, and Madonna just sucks.

3) TMWTGG. Just annoying.

4) All Time High. Not terrible, just really forgettable and boring.

5) TND. Same as above really.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    1. Oh Her Majesty's Secret Service-John Barry
    2. Live and Let Die-Paul McCartney
    3. You Only Live Twice-Nancy Sinatra
    4. A View to a Kill-Duran Duran
    5. Goldfinger-Shirley Bassey
    6. Skyfall-Adele
    7. You Know my Name-Chris Cornell
    8. The Living Daylights-Aha
    9. Goldeneye-Tina Turner
    10. Nobody Does it Better- Carly Simon
    And which ones are your worst @Kerim?
  • Goldfinger has always been my favourite Bond theme song.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Favorite is Nobody Does It Better. I especially love Carly's voice.

The other ones I like a lot are:

2. Goldfinger (bombastic first notes and indelibly iconic BOND!)
    3. Live and Let Die (rock on forever, Paul)
    4. You Only Live Twice (sounds sad to me, but is so hauntingly lovely)
    5. Skyfall (pulls me in and Adele has a great voice)
    6. A View to A Kill
    7. Diamonds Are Forever
    8. Moonraker
    9. You Know My Name
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Nobody Does It Better. The one Bond theme song that unquestionably should have won the Oscar.
    After holding off on listening to 'Skyfall' until I saw the film, I really enjoyed it. I still think my favorite theme song is 'Live and Let Die.' Nice to see that make a few of everyone's lists.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Personal list of...

Excellent songs :

Goldfinger
    Thunderball
    YOLT
    LALD
    LTK
    GoldenEye
    TWINE

Very good songs :

Original Theme, Dr. No
    FRWL
    TSWLM
    FYEO
    TLD
    TND + Surrender
    Skyfall

Good songs :

OHMSS theme
    DAF
    Moonraker
    You Know My Name
    AVTAK

Ok songs :

TMWTGG
    All Time High

Bad songs :

DAD...
    ...AWTD
    If it wasn't for Garbage and TWINE, I may not have ever met one of my best lady friends - she loves Shirley Manson and her band. I thought they played wonderfully on TWINE, and it's really catchy.
  • 1. TLD
    2. GE
    3. TWINE

Worst is TMWTGG