"MINORITY REPORT" is coming to the US Airports and elsewhere!!

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
Scary! Totally Scary! One step closer to George Orwell's 1984 and a Nazi Police State!

http://www.fff.org/comment/com1107c.asp

and it's not getting better:

http://www.thefreemanonline.org/headline/security-theater-adds-a-new-act/

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1355725

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd rather go through miles and miles of security measures than risk another 9/11.

Lives before comfort.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Same here. But being able to tell if you plan on plotting a terrorist attack within coming years? I don't know about all that. With all the lines and TSA agents already staring me down as I go through security at an airport, and being as I haven't flown that much, I already get a little bit nervous. So what if I'm sweating or slurring my words when I have a question about a certain item, if it goes in the bin or not? I'm a terrorist and should be detained and miss my flight? They better work this system well, so minute things like this don't happen.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I'd rather go through miles and miles of security measures than risk another 9/11.

Lives before comfort.
    Benjamin Franklin said:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

and the Liberty of US Citizens is slowly being taken away, a bit at a time.

The TSA even screened students at two separate High School Proms!!

Someone explain to me what does the "TRANSPORTATION" security agency has anything to do at a High School Prom?

Now they want put roadblocks on the road, highways, freeways, and streets and start random searching or commercial and passenger vehicles.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,813
    Coincidentally, this past weekend I was on a plane for the first time in 10+ years and I wasn't 100% sure what to expect. It wasn't so bad really. I had a metal zipper in the leg of my pants (my favorite pair of pants with like a million hidden pockets, lol) so the guy had to pat me down. No biggie. It was quick and he didn't honk my horn. I had built up in my mind that to fly you'd have to get a freaking cavity search, but it was really quick and no big deal.
    @DarthDimi- You're absolutely right
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    In the end, I don't really mind the extra security, as long as cavity searches aren't required and I never miss my flight. Private or public pat-downs are fine with me, just do not make me miss my flight.
  • Ummmm really - I like the fact they have trained officers to ask questions to see if you're being deceptive.

Yes - I'm sure they are. I wonder how many whiteys or darkies will be asked to go for further screening? I'm going to have a guess and say there's going to be more darkies for screening.

It's Big Brother state already. Freedom and democracy are mere sound bites now used by politicians to further cut back our civil liberties

As for being safe - catch 22 isn't it? For me detection methods are already there in plain sight; the Norwegian govt for eg are just as responsible as that nutter. He had a blog up for 10 years stating every day that he's going to kill darkies and they didn't do anything.

I want to show all terrorists that LIKE THEM I would die for what I believe in and no one is going to take away my freedom. I mean it, I'm not going to seduced by a state of fear. We've lost a lot of innocent people and now we're also losing our democracy to those who should be protecting it.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    The security in airports is really lacking... I saw a report on TV a few months back, and the journalist managed to smuggle a gun on a plane... The security staff can't recognize a gun that has been dissassembled... Only need to go the plane's bathroom, assemble it back and make a carnage... The truth is the security staff in airports are trained by private companies, and the training is just pathetic... a couple of weeks of basic stuff, and they are ready to protect us... Rubbish... No need to hijack the planes anymore, as it's quite easy for terrorists to just gun down everyone aboard...