My sister doesn't like Daniel Craig!

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited August 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
her exact words:

"I can't stand Daniel Craig with his big ears, short stocky body and permanently pursed thin lips!!

I hate Daniel Craig as the new James Bond!!"

do you have anyone in your family or that's close to you that doesn't like Daniel as Bond?

What do you do?

Have shouting Arguments?

Can I slap my sister?

btw - she thought the climax of CR was stupid! Vesper killing herself for Bond! I guess she didn't get the story and I tried to explain it to her and it was like talking to the wall - that part and why the movie is a reboot!

mmmmm.... he does have big ears and he looks like the Mad Magazine guy sometimes

http://cheezburger.com/cathou_b_f/lolz/View/4177567744

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Ignore it. Unless you're a child. My wife hates James Bond, but she has no problem with my interest in Bond.
    When I watch a Bond film, she'll go and do something else. I don't care if someone hates Bond, or doesn't like Daniel Craig, that's their problem. I'm sure there would be something your sister enjoys that you don't. Same scenario.
    Tell your sister there is a site for weirdos like that, but you have to be certifiable to gain entry. Now. It's called danielcraigisnotbond.com.
    She'll have a ball.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    My sister likes him, and so does my wife, so I'll match your sister and raise you a wife.
    Craig seems to divide women according to what I've read on forums. Some seem to like his primal, rough quality. Others prefer the darkly handsome type ala Pierce or Tim.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So, the spirit of CnB still wanders around. We must exorcise it! j7, I recommend a priest.
    Last night I showed my mum the train scene between Bond and Vesper. Her reaction: "he's wooden". ;)
    Last night I showed my mum the train scene between Bond and Vesper. Her reaction: "he's wooden". ;)
    Was she looking at his perfectly formed arse? ;;)

• edited August 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Don't know ;) Actually, when u think about it that scene doesnt make that much sense as he's apparently sitting down the whole time vesper is with him. One must assume he got up to go to the toilet at some point.
    My mum likes Dan more than Piercey. She once told me so. Yes, she did! Mhmm.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Not sure what this had to do with Bond 23?
    Moved to general discussion.
    Hmm, I would call it subtle. Had it been Rog in that scene he would've smirked at her and snogged her within two minutes.
    Brosnan would have twinkled a little, smirked at her and made a filthy pun about the food they ordered.
    Dalton would've breathed deeply in, exhaled through the nose, looked around the carriage, flexed his fingers, swivelled his eyes, looked around the carriage, breathed in deeply, exhaled through his nose, gritted his teeth, swivelled his eyes, looked around the carriage and stormed off.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Attractive female waiter:

Here's your food moisieur

Bond (as played by Rog or Brozza): Thank you. You came awfully quickly ;)

I sense an idea for a thread looming Mr BAIN
    ;-)
    Hmm, I would call it subtle. Had it been Rog in that scene he would've smirked at her and snogged her within two minutes.
    Brosnan would have twinkled a little, smirked at her and made a filthy pun about the food they ordered.
    Dalton would've breathed deeply in, exhaled through the nose, looked around the carriage, flexed his fingers, swivelled his eyes, looked around the carriage, breathed in deeply, exhaled through his nose, gritted his teeth, swivelled his eyes, looked around the carriage and stormed off.
    Post of the day

^:)^
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited August 2011 Posts: 823
    not to go too much off topic but there has been a couple of instances in LTK and TLD that Dalton looked like he had something up his bum

you left out Sean and Georgie

;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Don't know ;) Actually, when u think about it that scene doesnt make that much sense as he's apparently sitting down the whole time vesper is with him. One must assume he got up to go to the toilet at some point.
    We later find out that Vesper sized Bond up for his pre-tailored dinner jacket before his bout with Le Chiffre, so I assume she surmised that about Bond's form from the same instance. She may also have seen pictures or files on Bond before working with him.

• edited August 2011 Posts: 303
    I actually had a small argument (well we wern't fighting, we were just proving our points) with a friend at school just before the holidays, who was also a girl, (small world...) she complained about his 'too blue eyes', blonde hair, and how he just ISN'T bond...

And as a good friend i didn't argue (much), though i did say "He's not THAT bad..." just to show that i don't mind him (PS I love Daniel Craig as Bond)
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    No one cares about your sister.

Rog might have got away with that but Brozzer would have looked sleazy.

Please we dont go back to this kind of naff innuendo.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,622
    If sister didn't like him in CR, keep her away from Cowboys and Aliens, probably his worse movie yet. He fights ok in C&R but his character is as dull and lifeless as dishwater.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    no one cares about your opinion - you know what they say about opinions
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    no one cares about your opinion - you know what they say about opinions
    This. People think opinion = fact.

• I can't offer a statistically relevant sample but of the women I know they all find Craig very attractive and love him as Bond. Of course, they also love him as Daniel Craig.

The thing with Craig is he has great presence and a great personality. Which is good news for guys who don't have classic "Hollywood" good looks. Craig sometimes doesn't look good in pictures but once you see him moving and talking it changes how people perceive him a great deal. It reminds me of a friend who saw an interview with John Hamm and said "HIM? That's the guy everyone is raving about?" Then later she saw an episode of Mad Men and she said "Oh, I TOTALLY get it now - it's not him, it's Don Draper." Sam man, same face, but the attitude and presence totally sold her.
    While the missus likes DC well enough she finds his version of 007 too violent and she'll simply doesn't watch him as 007.

On the matter of slapping somebody because she doesn't share your taste?- DON'T, tastes vary which is as well too otherwise we'd all fancy the same folks.
    Can I slap my sister?
    @-)

Police ethics aren't what they used to be...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Comments like this only serve as ignition to further flaming. If you have nothing to add to the conversation, please don't.
    Even before he was announced, Craig was that Bond that you loathed and hated for the tiniest of things: the hair, the inability to drive stickshift, the required life vest while heading to the announcement of his role, etc. That, or Craig was that Bond that you could see yourself liking, bringing something new to the role. I'm the latter. Sure, there will always be people that don't like a Bond. I'm sure there are some out there who (though I don't know why) hate Connery as a Bond. It happens.
  • Creasy - yep, the vitriol before seeing any footage was incredible. All of those false stories didn't help either. Of course, people believe things that are sensational (Craig couldn't drive stick shift, he wanted a gay scene in a Bond film) even after they've been proven to be not true. I had my doubts about Craig when he was cast but I'm pleased to see that he's a worthy addition to the small club of men who have played Bond.

Although Craig is my second favourite Bond after Connery I won't dispute anyone not liking him as long as it's based on his performance or style. But having blond hair or having to wear a life jacket on the boat - really? Those people were going to hate Craig no matter what he did.
    You and I both, lordflasheart. I forgot about that gay scene he 'requested'. Kind of came out of nowhere. Glad to see he is a very worthy addition to the men who have played Bond, as well. Can't wait to see what he's bringing to the table next year, either. Just two more months until it all begins.
  • I feel like im back in 2006 lol.

Seriously though, BIG EARS!!! Your sister would really really REALLY hate me then!
    Oh well, tough titty.
    her exact words:

"I can't stand Daniel Craig with his big ears, short stocky body and permanently pursed thin lips!!

I hate Daniel Craig as the new James Bond!!"

do you have anyone in your family or that's close to you that doesn't like Daniel as Bond?

What do you do?

Have shouting Arguments?

Can I slap my sister?

btw - she thought the climax of CR was stupid! Vesper killing herself for Bond! I guess she didn't get the story and I tried to explain it to her and it was like talking to the wall - that part and why the movie is a reboot!

mmmmm.... he does have big ears and he looks like the Mad Magazine guy sometimes

http://cheezburger.com/cathou_b_f/lolz/View/4177567744
    Can I say this Daniel Craig haters, not just Bond everything about are losers including your sister. The best thing is to Sh*t up & get a life.
This discussion has been closed.