Anniversary, Birthdays and Old Age!

j7wildj7wild Suspended
edited July 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 823
Today is my 7th Wedding Anniversary.

It's also my wife's Birthday.

This week using Facebook, I caught up with 2 buddies of mine I haven't seen or talk to since the 80s.

One is now a world renowned Patent Attorney in California - he holds 59 patents and is recognized as "One of the World's Leading IP Strategists," as well as "One of the World's Leading IP and Technology Licensing Practitioners."

The other is now a world famous computer geek who went on to work for a company in the mid 80s that became instrumental in inventing the Bar Code reader among many other things that we use daily.

http://www.intermec.com/about_us/corporate_information/index.aspx

Also, watching the movie "The Social Network" didn't help.

If you GOOGLE every character in the film that was involved with the founding and development of Facebook; you will find that they are all now famous and extremely wealthy!!

It makes me wonder where the times went and what the heck did I do with my life?

Compared to these 2 friends of mine, I feel like I haven't done anything besides owning a retail business and starting a family which anyone can do.

Am I having a Mid-Life crisis?

Is this what a Mid-Life crisis is?

Comments

• do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    that is horrible . get better soon , (Get Well Soon)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @j7wild, Congratulations on the anniversary!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @j7wild said 'Compared to these 2 friends of mine, I feel like I haven't done anything besides owning a retail business and starting a family which anyone can do. '

Well, maybe not anyone. Is there anything better than raising a family successfully?

Anyways, j7 I know what you have been doing while your two friends have been so successful. You've been compiling 1000s of photographs of semi naked celebrities and posting them here and on old KTBEU.

;-)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    a friend of mine told me yesterday I should start compiling a bucket list of things I like to do before I die.

When I was single, I wanted to go to Scandinavia and meet a Nordic Blonde Lady in each of the four countries, guess I can't do that now that I am married!!

That's too bad because I always enjoyed learning a new tongue; after all, being Italian, I am a Cunning Linguist!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

When I was single, I wanted to go to Scandinavia and meet a Nordic Blonde Lady in each of the four countries, guess I can't do that now that I am married!!
    !
    What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Unless she reads this thread...... :-"
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    so I was reading an article about the Houston Red Light Camera fight:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/35/3549.asp

and I recognized a name in the article and I GOOGLE it and I came up with this:

http://www.houstontx.gov/council/5/about.html

WOW! We went to High School together!!

I didn't know she accomplished all that and she was even on the tv show SURVIVOR!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, beeing on a TV show doesn't account for much these days, with so many stations.
    And as Nackers said, what could be more rewarding then raising a family? Those two friends of you jst got lucky (and never layed in those days). And beeing a councel member just means you've got too much time on your hands and like to live off of your neighbours.. ;-)