Daniel Craig appointed UN Global Advocate for Elimination of Mines

edited April 2015 in News Posts: 6,601
I think, this will make positive rounds. Nice PR. My fangirl is proud.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/actor-daniel-craig-who-was-named-as-the-un-global-advocate-news-photo/469699054

fw%209_zps1agbmw7l.jpg

fw%205_zpsod5htgmb.jpg

fw%206_zpshtj0ran3.jpg

fw%201_zpskhljcjze.jpg

Europa Newswire‏@PhotosENews
Daniel Craig at UN #JamesBond #CelebrityNews #morethanmines #DanielCraig_007 #mineaction #nomoremines #DanielCraig

CCkQSIeVEAAzzC8.jpg

DTD

Comments

• edited April 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Looks like he is lining himself up as the new Sir Rog.

Next he'll be saying how ashamed he was of posing with all those guns! ;)

Any way, good to see him putting his fame to use for a good cause.

Old Ban Ki Moon gets around. Sunday he's overseeing an historic raprochement between Obama and Raoul Castro and Monday he gets to hang out with James Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is why I respect Dan so much. Many a famous face would do this kind of deal just for all the attention they'd get, probably compensating for a screw-up they made that went public/viral, but Dan genuinely cares about the positions and responsibilities he takes up. I remember watching the beautiful feature he was part of that explored workers who search for mines every day to make a living, and found it astounding and very humbling and shocking. It's nice that that effort led to this achievement and a bigger discourse around the dangers those men and women face every day, not sure each morning whether their last day is ahead of them or not.
    Congratulations DC, fairplay in joining such a worthwhile cause. If he serves the UN as long as Sir Roger? More credit to him I say.
    James Craig or Daniel Bond? :D

2791716400000578-3038940-License_to_save_-a-7_1429042695479_zpscq9e7pwv.jpg
    Germanlady wrote: »
    James Craig or Daniel Bond? :D

2791716400000578-3038940-License_to_save_-a-7_1429042695479_zpscq9e7pwv.jpg

This is such awesome news! Aren't we proud @Germanlady :-D?? What's next? Daniel Craig becomes "Sir"? Foremost, I think it's wunderful that Daniel Craig is going to shed some light on this worrysome issue of mines and explosives across the globe. I remember Lady Di did this as well when she was still alive.

Also, look at the first picture! Such a hugeeeee bright smile! Need to hug you Danny :-D!!
    Its interesting to see, that people here can fill endless pages of bitching over an, as they feel, ill fitting suit, but showing appreciation and maybe congrats is rare. This is very disappointing and you dont have to be a fangirl ( dont even start on that) to feel, that overall bitching and moaning is so much more fun. I guess, thats it for me for a while here. Certainly not going to make any contributions. Heil Dalton...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Its interesting to see, that people here can fill endless pages of bitching over an, as they feel, ill fitting suit, but showing appreciation and maybe congrats is rare. This is very disappointing and you dont have to be a fangirl ( dont even start on that) to feel, that overall bitching and moaning is so much more fun. I guess, thats it for me for a while here. Certainly not going to make any contributions. Heil Dalton...

What do you think these comments are? We're doing just that, congratulating Dan as we would anyone in such a position to help a cause they care about. There's no slandering going on here, or moaning about fashion in the slightest. I'm sure you're referring to other threads that've made your blood boil, but in my experience here over the years, there is an immense supply of positivity from users here, despite a few bad eggs once in a while, most of which are just trolls trying to get their 15 minutes before the door hits them on the way out.
    What I mean is, how very few people do, what you and some others did. They are just not interested. They rather dwell over past actors then giving the current one a simple congrats.
    But they are able to fill all those warderobe pages etc bitching and moaning. He is interesting enough for that.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Very proud to be a fan today! This is a worthy cause for him to suport, and it's good to see him follow in the steps of Sir Roger as a humanitarian. =D> ^:)^
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Kudos to DC for giving his time and effort to a worthy cause. More celebrities should use their fame and ability to garner attention to needy efforts (Clooney, Moore & Jolie come to mind but there are others as well of course).

He has done work for ORBIS (a non-profit dedicated to improving eyesight) as well as we know, and he's to be respected for that too.

I congratulate him for his dedication to helping those less fortunate.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, he is very sincere and passionate about this matter and I'm glad he's able to do something and contribute to what he most definitely considers to be a just and worthwhile cause.
    I have a feeling that he'd reject a knighthood if one ever came his way .
    Getafix wrote: »

Naaa, he already jumped out of the heli with Her Majesty, so I assume he would endure a slap on his shoulder with a sword :-)
    Good for him, using his fame to help a worthy cause. I think it's always admirable when celebrities do that. I remember the ORBIS thing too, I think it was posted on here a couple of years ago.
    bondjames wrote: »
    (Clooney, Moore & Jolie come to mind but there are others as well of course).

I think Ricky Gervais is another one, he does loads for animal rights groups. I follow him on twitter and he's constantly trying to raise awareness on there as well as donating money, etc.

I think DC is looking good. The suit he's wearing looks good on him, much better than the ones he had in SF, and I think he looks younger than he did in SF because his hair isn't as short. When SF came out I thought he was aging pretty badly but I think looking at him now, in these pics and in the SP publicity stuff, that was probably an intentional decision because the whole film revolved around him being older. In recent pics like these he looks like he could play Bond for a good few years yet.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,442
    Mi6, CIA and VN (United Nations) against Quantum now can be truth. Before Skyfall, 1-2 years after Quantum Of Solace i am thinking it was intresting to do something with water story, the possible Bond 23 location i think Bond go to (Egypt) insteed of Turkey (I was one of the first, if not first who said Bond 23 go to China and middle east country.) and from what we wil name now terrible truth. So will Bond soon
    parking his car in wall of
    United Nations as he did in one of the novels. ;)
    Samuel001 wrote: »

Fairplay to see how involved and passionate DC is for this.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I think he'd turn it down too. He's more like Bond than he thinks. ;)
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 7,500
    I take of my hat and socks and, well... pretty much anything for you, Daniel! ^:)^ ;))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Presumably this now means the scriptwriters are banned from having Bond use some claymores at any point?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Presumably this now means the scriptwriters are banned from having Bond use some claymores at any point?

I take that as a given. Imagine the flak and the cries of hypocricy otherwise.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC

why couldn't Bond use a long broadsword? ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,442
    Time for sequel of...
    6840.jpg

Starring Daniel Craig, Clive Owen and Samantha Lockwood. Daniel Craig wil play the brother of Angelina Jolie her chacter and Lockwood Clive Owen chacter new college/love intrest. Directed by Martin Campbell