What if Sean Connery starred as James Bond in "GoldenEye"?

edited July 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 669
I was thinking recently, that if "GoldenEye" was set in the first half of 1960s and if Sean Connery starred as James Bond, it would a blockbuster. And if the gameplay wasn't COD-ised, the game was going to be a legend. And I'd like to see it in Third-Person Shooter genre, with the addition of stealthy levels and without conspiracy elements (like Craig's dark Quantum organization). What do you think of this?

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Is this a game or movie?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,107
    I agree. We need more Goldeneye. Only three games with Goldeneye title just isn't enough.
    Next up ; Goldeneye Rebooted.
    what's up with goldeneye . Why is there the wrong james bond . Next goldeneye the should use the right . james bond
    Yes. David Niven.
    It's injustice they've never used the real, the original, the extraordinary Sir James Bond played by the niv in any of the games.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,778
    Yes. David Niven.
    It's injustice they've never used the real, the original, the extraordinary Sir James Bond played by the niv in any of the games.
    With respect SharkBait I think Niven would've made an atrocious Bond and I'm glad he and Eon never worked together. Niven was so soft and even effeminate at times he'd make Roger Moore look like Charles Bronson. Yes, he'd look good sipping a martini but he'd be laughable in a fight scene. Just my opinion.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 11,189
    As the story goes Niven was originally suggested for the role of Bond by Fleming himself. Part of me can believe this - esp since he name-checks the man in YOLT. Fleming obviously liked Niven.

Well, due to respect, to hell with David Niven, he ruined the franchise of Bond's by his disgusting persona in CR1967. And uh, I was talking about a TPS video game, putting Connery in the role, set in 1960s and the gameplay is not a f**king COD clone, but is very similar to EON and FRWL (I repeat, in the gameplay).
    Well, I was trying to be sarcastic.
    Niven's not the type of action hero associated with the Bond persona.

By the way, are you trying to say what if the movie was made in the 60's with Connery instead of the 90's with Brosnan, and then turned into a third person game now? Or are you suggesting yet another Goldeneye video game? To be truthful , after this port, I hope they quit selling games with the Goldeneye name.

are you trying to say what if the movie was made in the 60's with Connery instead of the 90's with Brosnan, and then turned into a third person game now?
    Yep. That's right.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Master_Dahark, I love his face on the bottom of the poster as he's sprinting, haha. Excellent.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,813
    lol thanks! The whole concept is completely laughable, but I thought the poster for GoldenEye and The Rock were too perfect not to splice something together for this thread!

I was laughing the whole time I was making it!
    :p
    I can see it. He looked more like Bond with a white beard and toupee, than he did in NSNA circa -83 with the bad thin looking toupee and too much makeup.

Sure. He didn't act like a Bond. But might've as well been Bond. Sean Connery's 2nd run; 1987-1996.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,813
    I always did sort of pretend 'The Rock' was actually a Bond movie. It has a total Bond feel to in- as in 'what if Bond had been disavowed by MI6'
    Remember that scene near the end when Connery shows up alone to confront Ed Harris (when he was the hostage) and Harris says 'who are you'- Connery actually say something like 'I'm all that remains of the enemy' but in my head he says ' BOND. JAMES BOND' =D>

Gives be an idea for a thread: What if Roger Moore starred in The Rock? LOL jk
    What if Roger Moore starred in The Rock? LOL jk
    With Nick Cage as your co-star? It would've been a buddy comedy. Let's make it more interesting. What if it had both Conman and Moorenator? Connery as the baddie and Moore as the retired / disavowed former british intelligence agent.

I loved your artwork, Master_Dahark. I really loved it. Good Job. But, I'd be glad to see it in 1960s era setting.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    What if... Timothy Dalton had taken Brosnan's role in Ghost Writer ? He would have been fantastic !
    Yes, it didn't really suit Brosnan. Dalton is more of a dramatic actor. He's cool in making a drama scene.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Que ?? Brosnan was excellent in Ghost Writer...
    In appearance, yes. But, the character could've been fitted Dalton in better way.
    How about... 1979-Moore in 'Cowboys & Aliens' with 2011-Harrison Ford ?
    Ugh... Im sorry I even jokingly mentioned Roger in The Rock....

:p
    You shouldn't joke about serious things. Like Moore.
    Uh, come on. This article is about Connery in GoldenEye. I need suggestions for this.
    How would you transpose the post-cold war feel into a 1960's Bond film ? Perhaps you can spin it 'round and have the PTS set in Berlin pre-Wall, and have the rest of film set after the construction of the Berlin Wall... I don't see anyother huge change in the world similar to the end of the Cold War than that... Bay of Pigs perhaps ?? Too political, IMO...
    Ah man, I'm trying to get that image out of my head!
    I couldn't even begin to imagine Connery in GoldenEye. What a laugh! :-j
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    I am more interesting for George Lazenby for a laswer-watch and smooth talks , anyone agree ? (Lazenby as man in Golden-Eye) :-D
    GoldenEye had cool moments, cool elements. It's not about the post-cold war storyline, it would have been fitted with a Lienz Cossack (Trevelyan) trying to take revenge from the world.