The New Spectre Logo

124»

Comments

• DsyferDsyfer Philippines
    edited August 2015 Posts: 16
    The octopus is like the spectre of the sea. They're great in camouflaging themselves so they can't easily be seen or detected by other predictors and prey. And they're swift and graceful in water which makes them ghost-like. Their tentacles can spread far out so to reach what they want to get.

It's the perfect representation for this criminal organization.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spectre, spectrum, it is the same thing where I come from.
  • RC7RC7

Nah, everyone knows Captain Scarlet works for Spectrum.

RC7 wrote: »

Nah, everyone knows Captain Scarlet works for Spectrum.

I give in. One of my favourite British bands:

Spectrum Vs. Rectum doesn t have quite the same ring to it.
    I fully expect the film to reference Quantum as one of SPECTREs many tentacles

My hypothesis is that Quantum is a proto-SPECTRE, just like RAHIR and TARTAR in the novels.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »

My hypothesis is that Quantum is a proto-SPECTRE, just like RAHIR and TARTAR in the novels.

That's mine too, from reading Thunderball. Great minds and all that eh, @Ludovico? ;)
    The seven tentacles are a nice nod to 007, but could also reference Anthony Dawson, Donald Pleasence, Theo Kojak, Charles Gray, John Hollis, Max Von Sydow and
    Chrisisall Waltz

Or maybe I read too much into it.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That's mine too, from reading Thunderball. Great minds and all that eh, @Ludovico? ;)

Oh yes.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2015 Posts: 3,157
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Bond is ludicrous entertainment, gritty reboot or not, the idea of a secret criminal organisation wearing rings to identify themselves is very silly but this isn't Tinker Tailor it's James Bond 007.

Some people have got a little too carried away with this so called gritty reboot, yes the films have a more real world feel but they are fantasy plain and simple and I don't want them to be anything else.

Personally I think it's a great idea, I love the way they are introducing this iconography into the new era and giving it a new spin. Read the outline again which someone posted in the spoiler thread and I'm more than happy with the way this film is playing out.

I wanted fun Bond again and it looks like we are getting it but with the drama and the depth, no Bond is never going to be Chinatown but then it shouldn't be, it should be thoroughly entertaining and a little OTT now and then.

I watch Bond to take me out of the mundane real world, if I want something more realistic I'll happily watch TTSS instead but when it comes escapist entertainment Bond fits the bill and I don't think the Craig films have diverted from that ten plate.

I may very well be the only Bond fan that's a fan of this more dramatic, dark, depressing (but cool) version of Bond that we're seeing. Maybe because I grew up with it. I just find it more appealing, Hollywood is filled with "fun" action movies with mindnumbingly long action sequences that lack any tension.

Personally, I can relate better to Craig, which is why his films had a huge impact on me personally. He's not superman, and he fails. He bleeds. You can feel his pain. That's a real spy.

That's my opinion.

I agree with Shardlake about the "I watch Bond to take me out of the mundane real world" thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the movies have to be OTT to be entertaining. I enjoy films like DAF, TMWTGG, Moonraker and DAD for the reasons listed by Shardlake, however I personally prefer a more dramatic and depressed version of Bond, one, therefore I 100% agree with dominicgreene.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Bond is not a real spy, Spy's don't get gadgets and expensive cars to drive around and draw attention to themselves, Bond is utterly preposterous, it has and always should be.

Well, he didn't get gadgets or expensive cars in the novels. I'm not sure how expensive a Bentley was in the 50s, but he bought it with his money and uses it in London, he wasn't given it by MI6 to drive it around the world.
    Dsyfer wrote: »
    I'm a new James Bond fan. And to be honest, at first glance I thought the SPECTRE logo was a spider. I just recently realized that it was an octopus.
    A friend of mine even accused EON of copying the Spiderman logo.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Yes, it was ultimately decided SPECTRE went better with terrorism and extortion while TARTAR went better with fish and chips.
    I once ate fish and chips in North Africa. They just dipped the used plates in a bucket of cold water, and a guy stood taking a piss on the pavement nearby.

Yes, it was ultimately decided SPECTRE went better with terrorism and extortion while TARTAR went better with fish and chips.

Tartar was also the Greek version of Christian Hell.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

I see where the name comes from then (TARTAR the organization that is, not tartar the sauce).

I see where the name comes from then (TARTAR the organization that is, not tartar the sauce).

When I was a kid, I thought the name of the sauce came from the Greek concept and thus I thought it was very spicy. I was disappointed when I first tried it.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada

When I was a kid, I thought the name of the sauce came from the Greek concept and thus I thought it was very spicy. I was disappointed when I first tried it.

LOL.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    From Instagram @bananafish2312

@deadbundyneat and I got married today. Check out our wedding ring tatttoos!

11359129_442599185911710_296529054_n.jpg

8-|
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    haha I like it.
    ;)) Nice one Marketto!!