Comments

Can't believe this. Sounds like they may have wanted to use it as a Ken Adam-style backdrop for some high-level Spectre board meeting.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to read that - thanks for sharing.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    That's a cool looking room and yes! It would have been awesome as a SPECTRE meeting room. I do wonder when the request was made though - if they didn't give them enough notice then it may have been easier for them to reject the request than to accept it
    Wonder where they'll go instead.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 2015 Posts: 7,972
    What a shame; it has retro look, straight off of Ken Adam's drawing board.
  • Would it not be easy enough to basically recreate that or something like it as a built set? I mean, geez, if they could do it with an entire Japanese island...
  • RC7RC7
    Something like this would take up quite a portion of soundstage, so I would assume it's for a relatively minor scene. Therefore, probably not a SPECTRE meeting. It's rare that interiors are shot on location, particularly for lengthy or key scenes. The PD will build them from the ground up to the Directors specifications. It's highly likely a SPECTRE meeting, if there is one, will almost certainly be shot at Pinewood.
    Missed opportunity for them as I would have guessed it could have drawn them some more tourists possibly?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    As stupid as the Indians losing out for the pretitles of SF. Some people don't see the big picture or the chance for immortality sadly.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Decision to stop James Bond filming at the Senedd sparks social media storm
    The decision not to allow filming at the Senedd has been rounded on by politicians and across social media.
    In response, First Minister Carwyn Jones retweeted the official Welsh government Twitter statements on the matter which said: "We did not make the decision to refuse James Bond filming in the Senedd chamber. That was @AssemblyWales Commission.
    "As a Government we are doing everything we can to attract film makers to Wales."
    People have been using hashtags #assemblybond and #seneddbond on Twitter to discuss the issue.
    Some have superimposed famous Bond scenes on Welsh backdrops, including Ursula Andress, who starred as a Bond girl in Dr No, emerging from Cardiff Bay instead of a sea paradise.

Welsh Conservatives tweeted:-

B_-6CSOWcAAq7op.jpg