Rhys Ifans Arrested

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 40,486
    Apparently!
    "Ifans, who smelled of alcohol," Thats the story in a nutshell.
    Babs will just have to try and keep him off the sauce during shooting.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Which makes me wonder, has the series ever had to deal with drunks or addicts? I mean, it's no exception in filmmaking business to have someone around who's constantly boozing. However, I never heard stories of such people soiling the place with liquor while shooting a Bond film. Anyone know of this?
    Not really although Herve Vilecase chased prositutes in Thailand and turned up to shoot with a hangover. And Grace Jones was continually late on set for AVTAK. Babs Broccoli got the job of chaffeuring her each morning.

If this is true of Rhys Ifans then he has been bloody stupid. On Digital Spy he is denying ever being asked so I dont know how concrete the rumours ever were. But then I want Matt Smith for Q anyway...
    Who did Herve Vilecase think he was, the 4'0 french 007? :-))
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Who did Herve Vilecase think he was, the 4'0 french 007? :-))
    According to Maud Adams, at one point during Golden Gun's shoot, the cast and crew were walking through an airport and she was wearing a particularly short skirt. Noticing this, the ever, er, horny Herve apparently told her he'd like to, well... I'm sure you can imagine. To which she says she replied, 'If you ever manage to get up there, let me know'.

Cracking retort, ne-c'est pas...? ;)
    That's classic. Maud Adam's must've learned a few one-liners from Roger Moore.
    Which makes me wonder, has the series ever had to deal with drunks or addicts? I mean, it's no exception in filmmaking business to have someone around who's constantly boozing. However, I never heard stories of such people soiling the place with liquor while shooting a Bond film. Anyone know of this?
    Bernard Lee was a notorious on-set drinker. Rog has some funny stories in his book about the efforts that had to be made to keep Lee sobre between takes.
    Lazer has some Lee on the sauce stories from OHMSS as well.
    But several directors got good work out of Lee so the problem can be worked around apparently.

I heard Telly Savalas came to set hungover quite a bit aswell.
    Connery on the set of Dr. No...

Photobucket