Louis Jourdan aka Octopussy's Prince Kamal Kahn 1921-2015 RIP

2»

Comments

If you haven't seen Jourdan in the 1977 BBC(?) production Count Dracula, you should. This is the best and most memorable realization of Stoker's creation that I have seen.

Requiescat in pace.

It is maybe the most faithful adaptation and while I like Jourdan's portrayal, he was very different from the novel's Dracula, who is far more feral.

I love his character of Khan in OP. One of the most underrated Bond villains, like many mentioned here. Always cool, always in control, he didn't need any silly one liners or maniacal laugh.
    ...he did have a rather OTT laugh at the end when he thinks Bond has fallen off the side of the plane.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    ...he did have a rather OTT laugh at the end when he thinks Bond has fallen off the side of the plane.

Need to rewatch it again, but after he's been through, who could blame him?
    "Spend the Money Quickly Mr. Bond"

"Mr. Bond is rare breed, soon to become extinct."
    "Oc-to-pussy, Oc-to-pussy."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My favorite moment of his was "GET BOND!" When he discovered the transmitter hidden in the egg.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,189
    "Why am I here? you already have the egg"
    "True...but we don't have...all the answers"
    "I see. Suppose for arguments sake, I don't feel like talking"
    "Oh don't worry...you will...you will"

Love that.

I also love the way he then explains the preferred chemicals used for torture and describes Sodium Pentothal as "a bit crude...very unreliable". His enthusiasm makes it sound like he's describing the ideal recipe for a meal.
    Khan had maybe the best lines of all the Moore era's villains.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    As mentioned above, this line gets me every time:

"Mr. Bond is indeed of a very rare breed... soon to be made extinct".

I love the way he delivered that line.
  • Excellent under rated villain. RIP Kamal Khan.
    I watched OP last night. this has always been my favorite Moore Bond. I just loved the way Jourdan delivered his lines, his cold blooded sophistication as a villain. and yes, he was very underrated as a Bond villian.
    He was in his sixties at the time of OP but the guy looked great.