Flagged posts...

2»

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks for all of you flagging these damned annoying spam bots.
    Much appreciated as always. ^:)^
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Is there anything that can be done proactively to stop them?
    Do they come from the same IP? Can the IPs be blocked, rather than simply the user?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sometimes even that doesn't make much of a difference, @JCRendle. IP's can easily be changed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Chaps, I do really think a system for post approval has to be put. The muscle building bot, or whatever it is, has been striking again.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    If that's possible it'd be great. This is getting out of hand.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe not a system for post approval, but approval of new threads might be in order, for old and new members alike.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Imagine if the bot starts posting in threads that aren't its own... They would, you know? I keep kicking them out of Facebook groups that I manage myself on daily basis.
    This is getting stupid now X(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, more muscle building supplements. Perhaps they're trying to tell us
    Something. That we should go to the gym more ! :))
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Yes, more muscle building supplements. Perhaps they're trying to tell us
    Something. That we should go to the gym more ! :))
    Building muscles here, and sunglasses on Facebook. Go figure. Lol! What they're trying to tell us is what to wear, how to look and keep doing it. Lol! The hippie fashion! =))

I'll be dammed if I get out of my suits. LOL!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Is it possible to implement a captcha code?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Murdock wrote: »
    Is it possible to implement a captcha code?

Another good suggestion there that would surely nip the spambots in the bud. :)
  • May I have a small suggestion? There has to be a post approval for newly registered users for admins to see whether they are corrupt or not. I've been flagging someone who keeps registering with several accounts and advertise some illegal muscling building formulas. It's getting domestically disturbing.

I like this idea. This is a Bond forum. Let them prove they belong. Hell, include an easy trivia question in the registration!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    May I have a small suggestion? There has to be a post approval for newly registered users for admins to see whether they are corrupt or not. I've been flagging someone who keeps registering with several accounts and advertise some illegal muscling building formulas. It's getting domestically disturbing.

I like this idea. This is a Bond forum. Let them prove they belong. Hell, include an easy trivia question in the registration!

They do that on CBn Forums for instance.
    I have the perfect set of trivia questions.

Who is the longest serving composer.

Who is the longest serving Bond actor.

and

What is @Murdock's favorite Bond movie? ;)
    Easy!

Thomas Newman
    George Lazenby
    and
    Die Another Day!
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Easy!

Thomas Newman
    George Lazenby
    and
    Die Another Day!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    May I have a small suggestion? There has to be a post approval for newly registered users for admins to see whether they are corrupt or not. I've been flagging someone who keeps registering with several accounts and advertise some illegal muscling building formulas. It's getting domestically disturbing.

That doesn't make any sense. Some members will no doubt be lifelong fans looking to finally share their thoughts on Bond with an interconnected global internet community, but others may just be starting with their affair with the Bond world and may only have knowledge of one or two films or may have only read the books or films respectively. Setting specific questions to just one area, like the films or the books would isolate others who have a lack of experience with one or more aspects of the Bond fandom, or those who are only starting out as Bond fans and haven't even taken the leap yet into any medium the character inhabits. Besides all that, making someone's registration come down to just one or two questions is a bit too much. In addition, there's no way to prove conclusively that anyone trying to register is an actual fan, and not just a troll. They could open up the trivia in one tab on their browser, research the answer in another, and get registered without a fuss.
    Easy!

Thomas Newman
    George Lazenby
    and
    Die Another Day!

All right, except for the second one. The correct answer is Matt Damon.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That doesn't make any sense. Some members will no doubt be lifelong fans looking to finally share their thoughts on Bond with an interconnected global internet community, but others may just be starting with their affair with the Bond world and may only have knowledge of one or two films or may have only read the books or films respectively. Setting specific questions to just one area, like the films or the books would isolate others who have a lack of experience with one or more aspects of the Bond fandom, or those who are only starting out as Bond fans and haven't even taken the leap yet into any medium the character inhabits. Besides all that, making someone's registration come down to just one or two questions is a bit too much. In addition, there's no way to prove conclusively that anyone trying to register is an actual fan, and not just a troll. They could open up the trivia in one tab on their browser, research the answer in another, and get registered without a fuss.
    It doesn't have to be particularly hard - it would at least keep out the Spam Bots - which I'm guessing most of this spam is, rather than real people logging on to spam.
    Easy!

Thomas Newman
    George Lazenby
    and
    Die Another Day!
    All right, except for the second one. The correct answer is Matt Damon.

Fudge! I thought I had it!