Welsh actor Rhys Ifans joing Bond 23 cast according to reports

2»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A few people on this board were discussing it. I never said it was confirmed, shadowonthesun.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's because with Harris rumoured for Moneypenny many think Ifans could be Q, with Bardem and Fiennes as the villains.

To me that seems very likely.
  • I was actually thinking Fiennes would be interesting as Q. Not that this really means anything, but the other day I looked up his age and I discovered that he's the same age Desmond Llewelyn was when he first appeared as Q in From Russia With Love. The thing about both Fiennes and Ifans is that they play warm characters and evil characters extremely well. That's why I could picture them as either Q or another baddie. They both have so much range. Ifans would be great as Q though, I won't deny that.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Feinnes as Q would be a waste. I'd rather he not be in the film at all if that were to happen. Feinnes as a bad guy is where the casting should be headed.
    If so, good job on EON's part using the extra time they had to get the casting sorted early - and to be honest, so they should.
    Haha, next they will have a script ready before shooting begins :bz
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It seems Ifans also denies any Bond 23 involvement, just like Bardem. He says when asked at Comic-Con "No. I just have a license to kill," and when asked again replys "No I'm not".

I think he's just keeping quiet if he's part of the cast as EON have told all cast members to do so, to not ruin the official announcements at a later date.

Plus, the source for the news has been correct in the past...

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/07/22/james-bond-23-rhys-ifans/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "...and if he wants me to kiss him again hard on the lips, I'm available."

Haha, excellent.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 886
    After Ifans debunking he will be star in Bond, this incident will not help him "get a call from EoN"...
    http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/exclusive-spider-man-villain-rhys-ifans-arrested-battery-comic-con-insulted-us-police-say-29

The Amazing Spider-Man" villain Rhys Ifans was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery for shoving a female security guard before Friday night's Comic-Con panel for the film, police tell TheWrap.

Ifans, who smelled of alcohol, became irate when a member of his entourage was unable to enter the hall for lack of proper credentialing, police said. He shoved the guard, and was allowed to participate in the panel, but the guard subsequently made a citizen's arrest.

"He was aggressive and belligerent," Lt. Andra Brown said of the Welsh actor. "He was... berating everyone from the security staff to the United States of America."
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Not the first time he's made the headlines for the wrong reasons. A close shave, i'd say.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 886
    Not the first time he's made the headlines for the wrong reasons. A close shave, i'd say.
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/sony-denies-website-report-that-its-new-spider-man-villain-rhys-ifans-was-arrested-at-comic-con/
    Apparently that has been debunked now.
    Ifans NOT arrested...

If Ifans is involved in Bond, this incident can't have helped. He better not have blown it.
  • nah isn't he playing a mad scientist in yet another reboot? So why would he play another science bod.

I thought Sanjeev from Goodness Gracious Me has the gig?
    Ifans says he won't be in it
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/07/22/james-bond-23-rhys-ifans/
    We knew that a few days ago @tqb. Though I think Ifans could be stringing us along.