The MI6 Snopes: Debunking/confirming Bond myths.

2»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Walecs wrote: »
    Blofeld doesn't have a cat in the novels.

We don t know that. There is no mention of it, but there is no mention of him owning toilet paper either. There is no way to tell.

If Ian Fleming didn't mention it it doesn't exist. It is a Bond film invention, nothing more. It's shocking to me that Bond fans are not aware of the content of the source novels.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What? Cats or toilet paper?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Fleming didn't give Leiter or Blofeld daughters as well....

:P
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    What? Cats or toilet paper?

Cats. :))
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,009
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Blofeld doesn't have a cat in the novels.

We don t know that. There is no mention of it, but there is no mention of him owning toilet paper either. There is no way to tell.

If Ian Fleming didn't mention it it doesn't exist. It is a Bond film invention, nothing more. It's shocking to me that Bond fans are not aware of the content of the source novels.
    o
    Ah... In my case, this has actually an easy answer: being a fan of too much things. For some reason I don't remember I stopped reading Bond at the beginning of YOLT (I think I started reading a 12-volume History of Comics, or some manga) and haven't got back until recently. At the moment I'm on a hiatus again: I stopped on TB. Morover, I almost have no memories about OHMSS, except for three or four excerpts (Bond seeing Ursula Andress, his questionable trust in Campbell or requesting the Interpol to give the best of treatments for the innocent Angels of Death).

To organize myself, I'm reading novels that inspired movies I own, with an occasional stop to read other kinds of books. At the moment I'm reading French things like The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, Facing The Flag, or some tales by Maupassant. Soon I'll read The Ipcress File, etc., etc.

So I'm not going to feign knowledge. I'm a total ignorant about Blofeld in the novels. But sooner or later there will be no mistakes.