The "Blofeld Trilogy" and was Diamonds are Forever a dream?

1235»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I love reading this thread. :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    there are people here who think the Brosnan films are classics. Should we flag them? Absolutely!
    If it wasn't for the indisputable FACT that I only dreamed reading this statement, I'd flag it for flag-threatening.

This thread is a nightmare.
    *Wake up, chrisisall, WAKE UP!*
    (:|
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Star Trek v was a dream
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Star Trek v was a dream
    Like DAF?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @MartinAston please stop posting your comments as fact. Then telling other members to prove you wrong, and then stating they're wrong when they do reply. It's baiting, flaming and arguing and will not be tolerated.
    Many members have answered the question to your opening post.
    Some simple points that I will make are:
    1. The Bond films have little to no continuity. When we do get continuity it is rare.
    2. The films have rarely stated they are a direct continuation to the previous film.
    3. We have had six actors play the role. The Daniel Craig films take on a different arc, yet by some peoples logic, Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan are playing the same Bond...so why is Brosnan's Bond not in his seventies or eighties? (This I believe shows why there is no continuity, and when there is, it's not thought through. IE Dalton being married once in LTK)
    4. DAF was EON's way of making the then poorly received OHMSS go away. By having the original and well established Connery return. Audiences were happy to see Connery come back, and the film made a lot of money for all concerned. Despite being a weak story and having the return of Blofeld in his worst incarnation from the movies. Blofeld did not appear in the novel of DAF, and he is clearly shoehorned into the film to weakly give the PTS some follow on of Bond's hunt for Blofeld. However his search in the PTS opens in Japan, the place we last saw Connery's Bond in YOLT. A possible attempt at the producers to get audiences to forget OHMSS.
    5. At no point was DAF or any events in DAF a dream, with Moore's Bond waking from it in LALD. If that was the intent, it has eluded all Bond fans except you for the past forty two years. I don't think so.

We're all here to enjoy the forum, and discuss the many aspects of Bond. But when a wild theory is repeatedly posted as fact, then members will react accordingly.
    If this thread continues to derail itself and turn into a mess without saving then it will be locked.