Thunderbirds Are Go ! Again !

Just saw that teaser on a comic book site :

Apparently, ITV will relaunch the series. Let's hope it's better than the movie (it won't be difficult, really), and that it won't suffer the same fate as the remake of Captain Scarlet.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    It's landed on ITV on Saturday early morning in the kids slot having watched the first two back to back its bleeding marvellous Gerry Anderson would be most chuffed to see what this has grown into cannot recommend the new series highly enough .
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I watched the first episode yesterday at 5pm. Really delighted to see a classic revived, with a lot of love and homages.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Personally I hated it and turned it off after 5 minutes. I found the characters and the animation really poor. The puppets had way more charm and expression. I also thought this was way too action oriented... The original built up suspense... This was just crash bang wallop.
  • RC7RC7
    I'm a massive TB fan. Along with Bond, it's probably one of my earliest memories. I've been following this pretty closely and was excited to see what Pukeko could do. I'm still not quite sold, yet. I think they've done a decent job with aspects of it, but like @Mallory I thought it was a little crash, bang, wallop. I also didn't like a lot of the voice work, namely a lot of the delivery, it just seemed a bit cliched. It was never going to have the charm of the original, but I do think it could have been a lot worse.

The biggest disappointment for me is that the genuine modelwork, ie. most of the backgrounds and some vehicles, look beautiful, but the CGI characters look soulless in comparison. I can only wonder how good it would've looked had they done it all live-action.
    Not for me I am afraid. I am one of the old school. Good luck to them though!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Some things that were great for us as kids should stay safely in 'kid memory'.