My Trip to James Bond Island in Thailand (Video)

Hey guys,

Thought you might like this video I made today at James Bond Island...

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Very nice, I had forgotten how good even this film's music was. Bit overcrowded, but I envy you none the less.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wow, very cool!!! Thanks!
  • Cool video. I just got back from Thailand although I didn't manage to get to James Bond island. Maybe on the next trip. Out of curiousity how much Baht did it cost for the day? I guess its only possible to get there with a tour group..?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 372
    Very nice! (: It's weird seeing the island so crowded when you have the image of this desolate place in your mind because of how it looked in TMWTGG. Interesting, nonetheless.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    A bit too overrun with tourists for my taste. People should have to pass your Ultimate Bond Quiz before being allowed entry to cut down on the riff raff ;)
    My goodness it looks timeless, you can certainly see why that was used as a location!
  • Cool video. I just got back from Thailand although I didn't manage to get to James Bond island. Maybe on the next trip. Out of curiousity how much Baht did it cost for the day? I guess its only possible to get there with a tour group..?

It was 3500 baht for the day. That was with a lot of other islands thrown in too!
    Sark wrote: »
    People should have to pass your Ultimate Bond Quiz before being allowed entry to cut down on the riff raff ;)

Haha, indeed! It's so small I'm not sure why anyone would really go there if they weren't a Bond fan.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    My goodness it looks timeless, you can certainly see why that was used as a location!

Totally, aside from the shacks selling souvenirs, it looks identical to how it did in the film. Strangely, there wasn't any Bond related merch on sale, only one really bad t-shirt.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I was curious about the stalls. If not Bond memorabilia, what were they selling?
  • Sark wrote: »
    I was curious about the stalls. If not Bond memorabilia, what were they selling?

Just random tat, necklaces, bracelets, fridge magnets, that kinda thing. Really surprising, I thought there'd be Bond stuff everywhere.
    You would think it being nick named James Bond Island, they would have had plenty of things to offer tourists!!! I did look out for things whilst watching your video.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 97
    You would think it being nick named James Bond Island, they would have had plenty of things to offer tourists!!! I did look out for things whilst watching your video.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It's weird, if the island wasn't known as James Bond Island and you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know it was anything to do with Bond. I thought there'd at least be some stills and things to read about the film. Crazy!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks for sharing! That was great!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,506

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It's weird, if the island wasn't known as James Bond Island and you didn't know any better, you wouldn't know it was anything to do with Bond. I thought there'd at least be some stills and things to read about the film. Crazy!

If it wasn't called James Bond island? Would anyone bother to go there anyway?!!! :))
  • Amazing! I'll make sure to pay a visit there some time!