BBC News: Daniel Craig speaks on unusued Fleming titles

TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
Daniel Craig says Risico would be alright...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30315165

Comments

  • Posts: 6,601
    Do we REAllY need an own thread for stuff like that? Not...
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Posts: 2,667
    I pondered whether to add it elsewhere, but realistically there will be debate about Bond 25 in future and it's worth having a easily found link to Craig's own views on future titles.

    I notice that this was actually recorded prior to the release of QOS but the BBC only appear to have posted it now (unless it has been seen before, in which case my bad).

    Safe to say we won't be seeing Property of a Lady any time soon, anyway.
  • Posts: 6,601
    Unfortunately it will be easily lost in the wide world of this forum. So best we close it to not have ANOTHER thread for the same stuff. Sorry..
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 9,813
    http://www.thebookbond.com/2014/12/daniel-craig-on-unused-ian-fleming-bond.html?spref=fb

    It gives hope for fans of the Hildebrand rarity and risico

    My guess is bond 22 was possibly discussed as a title though I feel quantum of solace works better.
  • Posts: 9,813
    No I like it and have seen quite a few awesome fan posters with that title
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts: 4,116
    Well I'm glad Mr. Craig has a similar impression of Property of a Lady as a possible future title. Just saying lol...

    A lot like this as a possible future title and I respect that truly ...just not my fav choice.
  • So Craig and I basically see eye to eye. Risico and The Hildebrand Rarity being good titles while The Property of a Lady and 007 in New York aren't.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    No, no & no.
    'The Hildebrand Rarity' sounds like something my grandmother would only let grandpops into once a month, and '007 In NY' is probably already a porn production, and if not it soon will be.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Posts: 7,572
    Eon may have one eye on the future, and probably hold back titles to use as introductions for future actors to the role...possibly.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    NicNac wrote: »
    Eon may have one eye on the future, and probably hold back titles to use as introductions for future actors to the role...possibly.

    I've always thought this. Stretch them across a few actors, as and when they feel appropriate. I've always felt that Risico is the only safe bet of the lot, but after getting the title Spectre, anything is up for grabs IMO.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Posts: 7,314
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Am I the only human on Earth that thinks that 007 IN NEW YORK sounds cool as all Hell?
    I like it but I think it's probably too generic sounding for them to ever use it.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's great to read that those titles still get floated around, hopefully we'll eventually get them all. Am I the only human on Earth that thinks that 007 IN NEW YORK sounds cool as all Hell?

    The 0nly 0ne 7

  • Posts: 12,506
    Well i am happy that they may get used in future installments, that is good enough for me! :-bd
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,341
    Risico was one of five short stories in "For Your Eyes Only". Title sounds cool enough but there were elements of this story in the film FYEO.
    The two smugglers, Colombo and Kristatos and the mistress Lisl were taken from this story. As well as the plot point of Mi6 suspecting one smuggler and turns out the other was the enemy agent.

    Which leads me to ask the question:
    Would an adaptation include these characters?
    \

  • Posts: 11,425
    How do you pronounce Risico though? A marketing man's nightmare.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Getafix wrote: »
    How do you pronounce Risico though? A marketing man's nightmare.

    They will never use Risico.
    And I'll tell you why - because there are a few languages in which is simply means 'risk'. Nothing more. In Dutch the emphasis is on the first 'i' for example, while the second 'i' is dull.

  • AceHole wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    How do you pronounce Risico though? A marketing man's nightmare.

    They will never use Risico.
    And I'll tell you why - because there are a few languages in which is simply means 'risk'. Nothing more. In Dutch the emphasis is on the first 'i' for example, while the second 'i' is dull.

    "Risk" makes for a pretty cool title. If they weren't afraid of using Octopussy or Quantum of Solace I doubt they'd be afraid of using RIsico. It kind of rolls off the tongue.
  • Posts: 11,425
    The fact it means 'Risk' in several languauges doesn't sound like a problem at all to be honest. I still just think it's an 'odd' word/name and no one would be totally sure how you pronounce it, which is why MGM and Sony would stamp on it as a title.
  • Posts: 14,896
    Most of the unused titles are great imo. And also very inspiring. Say what you will about the movie, QOS had a great title.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Posts: 9,117
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's great to read that those titles still get floated around, hopefully we'll eventually get them all. Am I the only human on Earth that thinks that 007 IN NEW YORK sounds cool as all Hell?

    Yes I think you most assuredly are.

    Simply dismal as a title and surely can never be used - but then SPECTRE is pretty awful too so I guess you should keep up hope.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    Getafix wrote: »
    The fact it means 'Risk' in several languauges doesn't sound like a problem at all to be honest. I still just think it's an 'odd' word/name and no one would be totally sure how you pronounce it, which is why MGM and Sony would stamp on it as a title.


    Bond is Risk - Gambling is a Risk, takes Risks with his life and with falling in love. Gets my vote for being used one day.
  • Posts: 14,896
    Risico would work great. Like Spectre, it is simple and menacing.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Risico would work great. Like Spectre, it is simple and menacing.

    The one word titles are a bit 'meh'... I'd like to see a few more idioms used as titles, done well they are subtle and classy. Like YOLT, LALD, FYEO, TLD... these are truly aesthetic titles imo.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Posts: 2,667
    I already created a thread on this:

    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10378/bbc-news-daniel-craig-speaks-on-unusued-fleming-titles#latest

    ... which I was promptly told was unnecessary.

  • Posts: 14,896
    AceHole wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Risico would work great. Like Spectre, it is simple and menacing.

    The one word titles are a bit 'meh'... I'd like to see a few more idioms used as titles, done well they are subtle and classy. Like YOLT, LALD, FYEO, TLD... these are truly aesthetic titles imo.

    I love idioms titles too, but one word titles are fine. As long as there is a variety.
  • Posts: 11,425
    I liked the one work title that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago, but which turned out to be something to do with the Bond website. Can't remember what it was now though. Sounded quite good.
  • Posts: 9,813
    mosaic... yeah not interested in that

    I still feel Chapter titles could really open things up such as

    The pipeline Opens
    The Eye that never sleeps
    Valley of Shadows
    Zero Minus


    etc
Sign In or Register to comment.