Is 'A View to a Kill' in need of a critical reappraisal?

124»

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    They are certainly only my opinions, I have stated such again and again, so why bother if you say you don't care what anyone thinks?
    lol
    :)

"This film is CLEARLY superior"

"Well, Rotten Tomatoes says this so I MUST be right"

"Well, the audience in MY cinema laughed at this scene"

"OP MUST be bad because you could view it on YouTube at one point"

This pretty much sums up most of your comments thus far on other threads...
    You could try not to state your opinions as facts, right? Then I might not take you up on them then!

There's an inherent contradiction there.
    There's an inherent contradiction there.

Nope. A little strange when I don't challenge other members who dislike the film. maybe that tells us something.
    (shrug) maybe they don't challenge you like I do.

You say you don't care whether anyone likes Die Another Day, but you sure bristle at any criticism of '80's Moore films that are generally rated really poorly.

Maybe in the end, you do care:)
    (shrug) maybe they don't challenge you like I do.

You say you don't care whether anyone likes Die Another Day, but you sure bristle at any criticism of '80's Moore films that are generally rated really poorly.

Maybe in the end, you do care:)

"Challenge" me? Some of your comments are pretty juvenile, to be honest. That YouTube Octopussy comment still makes me chuckle.

but you sure bristle at any criticism of '80's Moore films that are generally rated really poorly.

Again, funny how I haven't responded to anyone elses comments who dislike AVTAK.

MayDay,

I now understand you are a very young man, and as such I withdraw all previous comments and wish you well.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 5,080
    MayDay,

I now understand you are a very young man, and as such I withdraw all previous comments and wish you well.

Well, that should tell you something about the level of your comments, if you get my drift ;) :)

But I do fail to see why age should come into this. The points still stand.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    A View to a Kill was decent. Moore's plastic surgery didn't help it any as I think he aged pretty gracefully. He looked as good as he did in TMWTGG.

@Mayday, there's no point in arguing with doubleodad. It's just derailing the thread at this point.
    I wish you well, Mayday.
    Again, it must be something to be challenged by a sixteen year old.

Agreed with @Murdock, here. This thread has yet again been derailed into one big mess.
    Thank you guys! :) Reading through this has been the perfect sleeping medicine! Just what I needed... (:| I-)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @MayDayDiVicenzo , you certainly hold your own and articulate your arguments very well, particularly for a 16 year old. Take it from someone that teaches at one of the top rated high schools in California.

Why thank you, @Birdleson.

The beauty of Bond is it's universal appeal- and I'm glad to be part of this ongoing journey.

Speaking of schools- my French teacher's Great Uncle is none other than Donald Pleasance himself! What a fitting revelation what with yesterday's reveal.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Here is the original thread. Time for a merge?
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete