What brand of cigarettes Bond would use if he was to smoke, nowadays?

2»

Comments

Nowadays cigarettes are not glamourous. So my bet is that Bond should do like Moore did in his Bond incarnations and smoke cigars. And at least they taste/smell nicer. I am a non smoker, but I can appreciate the smell of cigars. They can be real perfume. Fags, not so much.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm not a heavy smoker. I do it only for style and show-offs sometimes. As for cigars, @Ludovico, you definitely have a point with that. They do both taste and smell nice! But, they are incredibly heavy.
    Brosnan went to Cuba and did smoke a cigar, I kind of liked that as it did belong in that part of the movie.
    Cuban Cigars Are Forever. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just as Monica and Bill. ;)
    Now now... ;)

Her taste in what she took in her mouth is her decision and she us still unfairly branded for it.
    Power is an afrodesiac and the fellows and Washington are all guilty of picking the fruit they can. Bill was no bloody exception.
    Nobody ever really said something negative about the Kennedy Fellow that did a certain Miss Monroe.

I wasn't making any political statement, simply telling a joke. ;)
    I wasn't making any political statement, simply telling a joke. ;)

I know but she is still getting blamed which is unfair.

Nixon has his defenders, too, claiming he was "framed". So, whatever the case is, let's not turn this into a political ground and stick to the subject. Bond and his smoking habit.
    Brosnan made it look cool which makes Craig the only non-smoking 007.
    For a contemporary Bond, I think given the restrictions on where you can smoke
    These days, He'd be better of not smoking at all. Otherwise it would be countless
    Trips to the front door at MI6 for a few drags. :D
    In the new comics, Bond, like in Fleming's novels, is an avid smoker. But, since the new comics is set in the 21st century, M constantly submits his complaints on the subject and dismisses Bond for it. So, in the new MI6 HQ, smoking is not allowed. But, Bond smokes outside the HQ like a chimney.

The one single ok thing about DAD.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »

Apart from the fact that the literary Bond never smoked cigars. ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

Apart from the fact that the literary Bond never smoked cigars. ;)

Maybe, but I'd argue that cigar is far better suiting for someone like Bond than cigarettes, should he smoke nowadays. Cigarettes are not glamorous anymore and a someone smoking them, however he holds them, would not come off as elegant or refined. Now you can look rough smoking a cigar, but there is still something snobbish about smoking them and there are good and bad cigars the way there are good and bad wines. You cannot say that much about cigarettes, not anymore anyway. If they are expensive, it is because of taxes. And you don't have humidor for cigarettes, or that many (if any) accessories to go with them. Cigars are truly luxury items. Cigarettes are merely dirty, stinky drugs.
    Camel Turkish Royal - I will also go as far as saying they'd be what Ian Foeming would smoke today, if he were alive - back at Jamaica with Ann.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 17,814
    Benson & Hedges Gold would be his over the counter (OTC) brand I'd say. Timothy Dalton smoked those on the set of TLD while riding a motorbike around.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,447
    Quantum-of-Solce-Camille.png

-think-on-your-sins.jpg

Erm... What has the post above got to do with the thread's topic?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    =)) Just caught this now.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 17,814

It's an @M_Balje post. They are not intended to have any relevancy to anything in the known universe never mind anything on this community.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It's an @M_Balje post. They are not intended to have any relevancy to anything in the known universe never mind anything on this community.
    At least we know now that life is stranger than fiction.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sometimes I wonder what @M-Balje has been smoking !....
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder what @M-Balje has been smoking !....
    It's not of this world. ;)