BOND 24: Pleaseee, let the charming and funny Kincade return

edited November 2014 in SPECTRE Posts: 11,119
I don't know how others think about Kincade. Perhaps some fans found his rule rather useless. But I think Albert Finney as Kincade really brought some wunderful heart-felt humour in the series. In such a way that hasn't been done before. It made even 007 smile.

I think Kincade could be a wunderful recurring character, similar to the more famous recurring characters Moneypenny and "Q". But also compared to J.W. Pepper ("LALD", "TMWTGG") and Sylvia Trench ("DN", "FRWL"). Moreover, as some people miss an elderly, or older character, like "Q" played by Desmond Llewelyn, Kincade could perfectly fill that void. On top of that, I believe Bond in the Fleming novels always had a housekeeper. Why not having a scene at the start of "Bond 24" where we get to see a cameo...or other smaller role from Albert Finney's Kincade....as Bond's housekeeper in his new London apartment (Last time we saw Bond's flat was in "DN" and "LALD")?

Kincade in essence is a bit the "Alfred" from the Bond films now. Moreover, I'm pretty convinced Kincade will return in next year's Bond film. Kincade's role can't be big, because Albert Finney has had some health troubles, which especially causes trouble with speaking (Read this article to know how this happened: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Road-rage-dentist-jailed-did/story-12514568-detail/story.html ).

But I would be thrilled to see Kincade return. There's a completely new Bond timeline now (2006 - now). I think Kincade has the possibility to become a wunderful recurring character. So, "Welcome to Scotland...you jumped up little shit." ;)

Skyfall-Albert-Finney.png
tumblr_mhnz6zeitA1ro0b3wo3_500.gif

Comments

• STILL BETTER YET:
    DOOOOHHHHNT!!!!
    I don't want anymore family ties,MP or M in the field. Just Bond - for pure contrast - working like a pro out in the cold.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    STILL BETTER YET:
    DOOOOHHHHNT!!!!
    I don't want anymore family ties,MP or M in the field. Just Bond - for pure contrast - working like a pro out in the cold.

So, at this stage I can already say "Let's agree to disagree" with you :-). Moreover, you really don't elaborate or comment on my arguments. You only see the title, you get shocked, and you post. By the way, in the novels Bond had a housekeeper. And Kincade is not a family member. Anyway, to make sure we don't get such an overheated discussion, of which the heat is really created by you instantly, let's agree to disagree at this stage ok @Matt_Helm :-).
    Moreover, I'm pretty convinced Kincade will return in next year's Bond film.

What makes you so convinced that he will return? I am willing to bet a 1000 British pounds that he won't. Finney is old and the character belongs to Scotland, there is NO WAY he will be back.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,116
    Agreed.. and fine for SF but not welcome or needed anytime soon.

Might as well bring back JW Pepper and JaJa Binks \m/
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Agreed.. and fine for SF but not welcome or needed anytime soon.

Might as well bring back JW Pepper and JaJa Binks \m/

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i love how you convince yourself of things without the least bit of evidence to backup your train of thought - other than "I want it to happen - so i'm convinced it's going to."......... just like when you had yourself convinced that EON owned the rights for Blofeld/SPECTRE during all these years - a subject i argued tooth and nail with you over for quite a while - but nonetheless a subject i can take solace in being right on, since EON only just recently acquired the rights ;).... but i digress...

Kincade's place is in SF, and it's there, in that film, where he should stay... shoehorning him or his character into the next film, or future installments just for sake of having him in there makes absolutely no sense... you brought up a perfect example of why he shouldn't return - and that is J.W. Pepper.... JW worked as comic relief in LALD, because the character is plausible for that time and place - the back country of Louisiana.... JW in TMWTGG was awful - because he was shoehorned into a story, plot, and location he had no business being in... you, and a select others might enjoy it - but the vast majority of people would probably agree with me on that sentiment.... Kincade served as a link to Bond's past in the last film - he was pretty much an expository character that they let shoot a gun - not saying he was a worthless character but when you stop and think about it, the scenes at Skyfall could have just as easily been accomplished without him, and had the same impact - but he was there to give us a little more insight into Bond's upbringing... parading him around in future installments would be a detriment to the bit of significance he had to the end of SF.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Well, Im on your side, @Gustav_Graves! A small and short cameo from Kinkade doesn't harm anyone I think ("family ties"? Seriously? :))) and it would bring some cosy continuity and humour. Fleming did use the housekeeper (what was her name again?) for just that effect in some of his novels if I don't remember incorrectly. Kinkade is a different type of character of course (he shouldn't be seen in an apron cooking or doing the dishes ;))), but I could see it working if its skillfully written to his strengths.

The likelyness of it happening is pretty slim though I think...
This discussion has been closed.