"SECTION 6" (2016? pre-production, Universal)

Okay, I think it's time to start a topic about this disputed movie. I know MGM/EON absolutely dislike the project, as they see another lengthy Kevin McGlory-esque lawsuit shaping up. Still, Universal greenlit the movie. And now the first plot details have leaked. And, suffice it to say, I'm getting slightly excited by this movie project:

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/10/exclusive-first-plot-details-from-joe-cornishs-james-bond-prequel-section-6.html

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sounds interesting at least.
  • What is currently happening with...this spy-project? We have been saying that production of "SPECTRE" so far is troubled. But, ehm, guys? Is this production not more troubled?
    I don't see how Eon can complain about this? Sure it uses MI6, but it seems to be based on historical fact mixed with fiction - Captain Sir George Mansfield Smith-Cumming was real, the original head of MI6/SIS who used a single letter as an identification (C, as opposed to M).

It's set in 1918, so won't interfere with the Bond time line - Eon doesn't have a monopoly on MI6 set stories.

I don't see the problem?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,423
    It's the "tuxedo-clan" gentleman spy that bothers them, you see? And the way the main character introduces himself. By the way, the writer is the same man who wrote a spoofed song for Quantum of Solace back in 2008.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Yeah, in another article I read they wanted to have the main character introduce himself as "Duncan... Alec Duncan."
    Exactly.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ugh. Leave the Last Name.....Name, Last Name to Bond. Only he can make that cool. It's a cliche for everyone else.
    But years prior to Bond, that kind of introduction was given to Simon Templar, and first time uttered on the screen (television to be precise) was John Drake introducing himself to the audience at the start of Danger Man.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well to be fair, I didn't know about either. I just knew that Bond did it. Which that was great back in the day but because Bond is known for that, it just comes off as cliche when someone else does it. A poke at Bond if you will.
  • I like Jack O Connell (my current pick for the next Bond actually) and Attack The Block was great fun so this could be really good, I might go and see this. Wasn't Hugh Jackman attatched to this a while back too?
    Bond has nothing to fear from this project! [-X
    Tell MGM that, RA. ;)
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    So is this now going forward?Last I heard this got stopped, was that wrong???