Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    mtm wrote: »
    MSL49 wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Fassbender is the one that got away. I don't think there has ever been a more perfect 007 contender that hasn't performed the role.

When you look at the various cross over periods - '69, 73', '87, '95, '06 you realise that EON selected the best person out of the available contenders each and every time. But Fassbender never had a chance because of the insistence on staying with Craig.

He's so perfect that I would be happy to cast him now, even in a one off.

I’d be fine with that too.

Was he tested last time around?

His name wasn't in the bunch that we knew about; in 2005 he was still doing supporting roles in TV shows and I don't think he really broke out until maybe Hunger in 2008?

Yes, I am not claiming he should have taken the part over Craig in 2006. But I would have been happy had Craig not come back after Skyfall and Fassbender took over then. Or like I say, give him the role for one or two films now.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    For Barbara Daniel is what Sir Roger was for Cubby.
    I think Fassbender would have been great but didn't he say he wasn't interested in the role of Bond. Of course that was before he had three potential franchise flops. Maybe he may feel differently now.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    I think Fassbender would have been great but didn't he say he wasn't interested in the role of Bond. Of course that was before he had three potential franchise flops. Maybe he may feel differently now.

Well if he wasn't considered in 2005 then he has never been properly asked.

It's a bit like me saying that I am not interested in being Gal Godot's boyfriend.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    edited October 2020 Posts: 395
    I think Eon will look Rupert Friend again when the casting start's.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 6,677
    After watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, I hope they consider Oliver Jackson-Cohen. Guy can easily change between being charming and being scary within a second. Lots of potential there. Only thing is he is a bit too tall. And he looks better on film than in photographs.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-25%2Bat%2B8.32.59%2BAM%2B%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%255D.jpeg
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Univex wrote: »
    After watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, I hope they consider Oliver Jackson-Cohen. Guy can easily change between being charming and being scary within a second. Lots of potential there. Only thing is he is a bit too tall. And he looks better on film than in photographs.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-08-25%2Bat%2B8.32.59%2BAM%2B%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%255D.jpeg

How much is bit too tall? How tall he is?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

How much is bit too tall? How tall he is?
    Once an actor gets above 6’3” possibly 6’4” they are getting into the too tall range .
    Can you imagine a 6’7” Bond?

• Univex wrote: »

Isn't he the same height as Dalton? Anyway, he definitely looks the part. I've only seen him in The Invisible Man and he was very impressive in that. He showed more range in that role than Cavill has in his entire career. Definitely a contender.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Isn't he the same height as Dalton? Anyway, he definitely looks the part. I've only seen him in The Invisible Man and he was very impressive in that. He showed more range in that role than Cavill has in his entire career. Definitely a contender.

Never scene this chap in anything. But I’ll keep a look out.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Jackson-Cohen is 6' 3".
    Jackson-Cohen is 6' 3".

That’s a plus, but almost too tall!Ha ha ha!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He could be paired with Elizabeth Debicki, also 6' 3". She'd still have to wear flats, though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Lets jusy hope Marvel or DC don't pick him up before EON can.
    Jackson-Cohen is 6' 3".

It’s okay. The next bond film takes place primarily in the Netherlands. He would blend in as an average bloke.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Dominic Cooper.
    6'3" would be fine ! Connery 6'2" Agreed that, at some point, you go from tall to "holy-cow-that-guy-is-really-tall !" Tom Selleck -- the original choice for Indiana Jones -- is 6'4"

As for Oliver Jackson-Cohen...he played quite the villain in The Invisible Man...can you REALLY act that evil ? Or does it come from within ? Also -- is the world ready for a three-named Bond actor ?

Alrrrrright, alright, just goofing here. Right age for playing in a few films, good height...As for someone playing in "one and done" oh, no, everyone knows that does not work well. They've been through that.

By the way...is anyone feelin' it with this actor ?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Fassbender remains the actor more than any other for me that could have been Bond and utterly smashed it out the park.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Why Tom Selleck didn't play Indiana Jones? What was the reason?
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    edited October 2020 Posts: 294

He was contracted to Magnum P.I. so he couldn't accept. Much like Brosnan when he was contracted to Remington Steele in '86 and Bond went to Dalton instead.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

He couldn't get out of his Magnum PI contract- very much like Brosnan with Bond in 1986. A shame in a way; he'd have been very good.
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    Fassbender remains the actor more than any other for me that could have been Bond and utterly smashed it out the park.

I think the same about Hugh Jackman. He has such a huge range. Handsome bugger too.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    edited October 2020 Posts: 395
    Bond producers successed recasting with Moore and Ford is Jones till the end.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Yes
    Shardlake wrote: »

Yes

+1.
    What about the new-ish vicar of Grantchester, Tom Brittney? 29 years old and 6' 2".

grantchester.jpg
  • I've never seen him in anything, but he certainly has the physique for the role, and his young age is an undeniable quality if shooting for Bond 26 do not start before some years. The question is whether he has the acting abilities to play the part.
    A poor man James Norton (not that I'm advocating for Norton). Looks common and brute, IMO. But a very valid proposal, nonetheless.
    I've never seen him in anything, but he certainly has the physique for the role, and his young age is an undeniable quality if shooting for Bond 26 do not start before some years. The question is whether he has the acting abilities to play the part.
    A poor man James Norton (not that I'm advocating for Norton). Looks common and brute, IMO. But a very valid proposal, nonetheless.

I've only seen him in Grantchester, but I think he does that role quite fine – no worse than James Norton. Not at all a Bondian role, mind.
  • What about the new-ish vicar of Grantchester, Tom Brittney? 29 years old and 6' 2".

I can see. Good find.....

I saw this on Twitter of someone speaking of how Pattinson is reminiscent of Bruce Wayne in Tenet. I guess I can see that, but I really see Bond.

Is there a set of circumstances where Pattinson plays Bond? Perhaps if The Batman is not a critical darling or underperforms. It feels the DC fanbase aren't overly excited by Pattinson and are still mourning Ben Affleck apparently departing that role (despite him slated to return in some capacity). Also, DC are hedging their bets massively with Batman and giving us Michael Keaton and that other Affleck appearance.

In such circumstances, you'll have three different actors playing the role at approximately the same time. Therefore, Pattinson won't be the Batman of the moment. Merely a Batman. I think this gives Pattinson some latitude to do 'one and done' much like Phoenix as the Joker. Then - hey presto - he can play Bond.....

(There's also a slight possibility that Batman doesn't finish filming with Covid or Pattinson drops out.)

The alternative is that Eon concede that he can play Batman and Bond simultaneously and cast him anyway. After Good Time, High Life, The Lighthouse and now Tenet, he is the best choice for the role by a country mile.

Ej_SEROXsAEbgVM?format=jpg&name=small
    Ej_SERFWoAEvFTX?format=jpg&name=900x900