Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Dragonpol wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Surely it was to suggest that a white actor could play a black character role and vice versa?

Probably - hasn't the conversation on this thread moved on from a comment I made days ago?! I think I was actually joking about the idea of Idris Elba playing Bond - guess no one got the joke ...

Well, as you referred back to it yourself only over an hour ago I assumed commenting on now it was fair game, old chap. Seems I was mistaken. By what (unwritten) rules are we to discuss this matter?

Erm .. someone else did old chap. It was a JOKE!!!! Let me repeate JOKE - i was taking mick out of the notion of Idris Elba playing Bond IT WAS A JOKE

AGAIN IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Ah, I see. I will laugh now then.

Hahahaha ... I don't get it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    And on it goes...................

0y2h4.jpg
    @bondjames I would like her to be mentioned again, not forgotten. A passing mention would be enough.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He needs men's wardrobe. ;)

Even the girl is better dressed than he is.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    talos7 wrote: »

No one better tell me that guy isn't perfect for Bond.
    Actually it looks like something Daniel would wear, but the tee shirt would be tighter.
    Never said Daniel has appealing choice of clothes. But, that's them. ;)
    Nope

He would be a horrible bond
    Risico007 wrote: »

He would be a horrible bond
    As would Hardy. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hardy would be 100 times better than Turner.
    Hardy would be 100 times better than Turner.

By your estimation.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Ludovico wrote: »
    @bondjames I would like her to be mentioned again, not forgotten. A passing mention would be enough.
    I absolutely agree. Just a cursory mention is all that's needed.
    I'm afraid I'm not seeing any Bond here. All I see is some chap who was in need of a trim, and who finally got round to it.
    He kind of looked like Jimmy Fallon in that shot.
    I posted in jest but actually do support Turner and think he would be a fine Bond.
    I'm not endorsing him but I wouldn't oppose to his casting, either. You never know what he might bring. Let's all remember everyone was skeptical about Craig.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,696
    Is that Aidan Turner's casual, normal-life look? If so, I have only one answer:

f594f41ddd18123f3cec67e059e6de02.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'm not endorsing him but I wouldn't oppose to his casting, either. You never know what he might bring. Let's all remember everyone was skeptical about Craig.

I always rooted for Craig, as well as Dalton. The one I was skeptic about was Brosnan, and he turned out even worse than I imagined.

I always rooted for Craig, as well as Dalton. The one I was skeptic about was Brosnan, and he turned out even worse than I imagined.
    You're from another dimension, Doctor. ;)
    Is that Aidan Turner's casual, normal-life look? If so, I have only one answer:

f594f41ddd18123f3cec67e059e6de02.jpg

Yes, he would work great as a follow up to Brosnan, I imagine they would have similar styles. Although not exactly the same, of course.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Actually I meant Brosnan wipes the floor with Turner look-wise. Honestly, whatever you think of Brosnan's acting skills, at least he looks pretty damn good. 99% of the candidates I've seen mentioned in this thread may be super talented actors (and I have to admit a lot of them I've never seen any of their filmography), but a huge portion of them don't look even remotely like James Bond.

If we followed the simple rule that any actor who needs a beard to look manly/Bondian, that would remove a lot of actors that have no business being Bond. I swear I will go crazy the next time someone mentions Jack Huston as Bond for that very reason.
    Actually I meant Brosnan wipes the floor with Turner look-wise. Honestly, whatever you think of Brosnan's acting skills, at least he looks pretty damn good. 99% of the candidates I've seen mentioned in this thread may be super talented actors (and I have to admit a lot of them I've never seen any of their filmography), but a huge portion of them don't look even remotely like James Bond.

If we followed the simple rule that any actor who needs a beard to look manly/Bondian, that would remove a lot of actors that have no business being Bond. I swear I will go crazy the next time someone mentions Jack Huston as Bond for that very reason.
    You never speak the wrong words, @DaltonCraig007. :D
    Brosnan and Turner are both Irish, both jet black hair, same height and both had a hit TV show. Just like after Dalton, there will be a move from the serious to the campy. Turner is the perfect fit after Craig. They're both plebiscite Bond's, what I'm trying to say.
    Turner has zero leading star status in movies, at this moment in time. This is why he won't be Bond.
    If judged on a vast amount of his candid photos, Some would declare Daniel Craig unfit to portray Bond.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,187
    Turner has zero leading star status in movies, at this moment in time.

Yes, rather like Connery when he got the part. Who says they need to hire a known film actor?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,187
    If judged on a vast amount of his candid photos, Some would declare Daniel Craig unfit to portray Bond.

Not only that, but how many had seen him before he got the role? same with all the actors besides maybe Moore. EON like hiring diamonds in the rough and transforming them, rather than "off the hook" talents.

True, but if we take @Mendes4Lyfe's word that Bond 25 is coming in November 2019, that would mean 'Layer Cake' with Daniel Craig would come out in October 2017. And that film put Craig on the map as a leading star. Judging from Turner's IMDB, page, he has literally nothing remotely similar that can showcase Hollywood producers to cast him as the lead role in $150+ million blockbusters. Without such status, he won't be Bond #7, or Craig does Bond 25 anyway and Turner will be too old for Bond 26.

Not only that, but how many had seen him before he got the role? same with all the actors besides maybe Moore. EON like hiring diamonds in the rough and transforming them, rather than "off the hook" talents.

Craig made Layer Cake before Bond. Turner has done nothing comparable. Craig was a very balsy casting by EON, but he had (potential) leading star status thanks to that film. Turner, or any actor you can name, won't ever get cast in a major ongoing franchise if he can't prove he could carry a major film production.
    They have been drawn to actors who are known but too well known; that way he "becomes" James Bond.