Goldeneye Reloaded spotted, PS3/360 port of Wii Title?

124»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I understand that it's updated with HD graphics, and the gameplay has to fit the 21st Century, as to not bore the gamers, but why didn't they just update the graphics and keep the exact same gameplay? To me, it just looks like a cheap, generic FPS being released. I didn't really feel that it was GE when I watched the gameplay trailer. Last night, I watched the 10th Anniversary Edition gameplay trailer for Halo: CE, and all they did was update the graphics and keep the
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I understand that it's updated with HD graphics, and the gameplay has to fit the 21st Century, as to not bore the gamers, but why didn't they just update the graphics and keep the exact same gameplay?
    Because GoldenEye 64 (the original game) has a wealth of rights issues that prevent it from being re-released on any other platform at the moment.
    To me, it just looks like a cheap, generic FPS being released. I didn't really feel that it was GE when I watched the gameplay trailer.
    Well, GoldenEye was very well received last year and gethered some great reviews - just look at MI6's.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Well, GoldenEye was very well received last year and gethered some great reviews - just look at MI6's.
    Because it was an entertaining game. But it doesn't change the fact GE2010 was an insult to the Bond legacy, and butchered the GE film. GE2010 was a tragic mistake, and I felt the Bond legacy and franchise were simply destroyed when playing it. GE2010 was enough for me to ask EON to end the Bond franchise (films, video games, the whole lot). I do not want the franchise to continue if EON is going to destroy the legacy of James Bond.

Sorry that I'm repeating myself... But I felt immensily cheated by GE2010... And I really found it to be a huge insult to the Bond legacy.
    Because it was an entertaining game.
    I guessed that much and also with very good gameplay.
    But it doesn't change the fact GE2010 was an insult to the Bond legacy

In your, likely, lone opinion. I think that view's a bit extreme. I can't see any seeing it as an "insult".
    and butchered the GE film.
    Updated is the word Activision would use.
    GE2010 was a tragic mistake, and I felt the Bond legacy and franchise were simply destroyed when playing it.
    It was just an update of a game put out because the orginal was too tied up with it's rights issues more than likely. I doubt it'll become a trend and was done as more of a nostalgia trip for the fans.

Anyway, if you found it "entertaining" how can you also say "the Bond legacy and franchise were simply destroyed when playing it"? The entire franchise by one game, come on!
    GE2010 was enough for me to ask EON to end the Bond franchise (films, video games, the whole lot). I do not want the franchise to continue if EON is going to destroy the legacy of James Bond.
    See my above point. It's a one-off I'd say. Don't fret. You may have enough to worry about with Bond 23.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    In your, likely, lone opinion. I think that view's a bit extreme. I can't see any seeing it as an "insult".
    That is not my opinion. It is a fact. EON has rewrote the timeline of the franchise. Samuel you are just ridiculous. Don't you remember on KTBEU that everytime someone suggested EON could remake past outings with the current Bond he/she got laughted at ? GE2010 IS an insult to the Bond legacy. FACT. Maybe you would accept Craig in MR ? Or GF ? Or TB? Or YOLT ? I don't care if GE2010 is entertaining, good or whatever. It IS an insult to the Bond legacy. Replacing a previous Bond with the current one is not just wrong, it is downright insulting and criminal. You like GE2010, Samuel? Fine. But it you accept EON replacing Brosnan, or Dalton, or Connery, or Moore or Lazenby by the current actor (in this instance, Craig) you simply aren't a Bond fan. What's the point saying 'I love Connery', or 'I love OHMSS' if you are going to accept a remake of their movies with the current Bond actor ? It may only be a video game, but it is produced by EON, so it factually means they do NOT care for the legacy of the franchise. End of.

This may be an excited reaction, but I simply cannot accept EON making such decisions to REPLACE a previous Bond with the current actor. Sorry, just because they haven't done film remake, but just a video game remake, doesn't make it the more acceptable.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'd hardly say that EON have rewrote the timeline of the franchise, by putting Craig in a GoldenEye game. These are 2 different mediums we're talking about, and unless you count the games as cannon, which I don't think anyone here does (I certainly can't recall anyone listing the games amongst a ranking of the films).

Ok, so i'll say right now that I would hate it if Craig starred in a game adaption/remake of TLD or LTK, but that wouldn't make me feel any different towards the films. But I would want to throw a custard pie at everyone involved in the Craigised TLD/LTK.
    I'm not saying I would feel any different towards the films - but I would feel quite cheated to pay 70 euros in a remake of my favorite movie in a 'Craigised' version. Yes Major, the games aren't cannon to the films, but still, it just feels wrong to have Craig in TLD, LTK or MR or whatever, and it feels like a rewrite of the franchise that should never be done.

Maybe it's because the remakes are games and not actual films... But still, it's just wrong.
    wow Dalton looks like we're polar opposites again. I personally would love 2 bond games per year 1 of Eurocom remaking and updating a classic bond film with Daniel Craig and an Original Story-line/new bond movie tie in as well. and before people think "Ok so you are willing to see films you aren't to fond of but what if it was one of your favorite like Licence to Kill" Honestly as long as the game play is solid and there is respect to the original story (something Goldeneye 2010 does in SPADES in my opinion) I am more annoyed we're essentially getting the same game twice though the mi6 spec ops intrigue me. If Lets say in the summer we got Midnight sun Rising (A title I invented that feels bondian to my ears) the Raven Game and in the fall we got say The Man With the Golden gun 2011 Staring Daniel Craig as 007 and both game were fun I'd be happy.

The problem Dalton is not legacy but focus video games and films are different. Remaking films as video games with new actors is fine (though Daniel Craig vs Christopher Lee I'd buy the game tomorrow if I could) because Video games shouldn't follow the same "rules" as the films and the annoying thing is Activision is only starting to realize that I'm hoping for exciting rule breaking with more games in the future.

But if Titles really upset you Dalton i'd be ok with them just cherry picking elements and putting them in a new game with a new title.

In case anyone was wondering the games I think could work as remakes with Daniel Craig though there would have to be a lot of updating and changing but it would still be fun....

On Her Majesties Secret Service
    Diamonds Are Forever
    live and Let Die
    the Man with the Golden Gun
    For Your Eyes Only
    The Living Daylights
    Licence to Kill
    The World is not enough (using elements of the film and James Bond's goldeneye sequel script would be kinda cool)

those i think are the easiest but i'd welcome seeing someone else ideas If anyone is curious I have idea how to update the stories and have them be Daniel Craig's bond orientated while being respectful to the originals but considering my ideas are probably "ruining the franchise" I'll wait till someone asks.
    Risico007 If the games are good, why not. And maybe you misunderstood, seeing a Craigised version doesn't change my views on said film, but it changes my view on EON, who seem not to care about the legacy of the franchise. But there is just something about "Daniel Craig as James Bond in LALD" that just doesn't feel right.

And I'm sorry Risico007, but it sounds you are more a Craig fan than a James Bond fan, if you want him to replace every previous Bond actor in their movies.
    Risico007 If the games are good, why not. And maybe you misunderstood, seeing a Craigised version doesn't change my views on said film, but it changes my view on EON, who seem not to care about the legacy of the franchise. But there is just something about "Daniel Craig as James Bond in LALD" that just doesn't feel right.

And I'm sorry Risico007, but it sounds you are more a Craig fan than a James Bond fan, if you want him to replace every previous Bond actor in their movies.
    It's because they can't use a different actor now, apparently. I think Samuel told me this the other day, or else I'm sure they would have went with Brosnan.
    It's because they can't use a different actor now, apparently. I think Samuel told me this the other day, or else I'm sure they would have went with Brosnan.
    Well, as they can't use a different actor... stick to original games, please !
    Well, as they can't use a different actor... stick to original games, please !
    My thoughts exactly. If they couldn't just update the graphics and re-release it, they should just stick with working on the multiple Bond games that have been announced thus far.

no i'm a bond fan but since Activision will never get creative and give us video games based on the follow up novels (You see a trailer for Colonel Sun the Video game staring Daniel Craig as James bond 007 I doubt your gonna say Aw man why are they adapting unused novels) the best i can hope for is either decent games like Bloodstone or video game remakes. because most original bond games have lame plots. And no one seemed to care when EA remade Moonraker with Pierce Brosnan....

Oh wait it was Called Nightfire never mind.
    Risico007 said:
    And no one seemed to care when EA remade Moonraker with Pierce Brosnan....

Oh wait it was Called Nightfire never mind.

Yeah, Nightfire was a re-make of Moonraker......but was INSANELY EPIC!!!!!!! It's how Moonraker should have been. Nightfire made into a movie is exactly what I want to see!
    'Nightfire' was good fun.
    That is not my opinion. It is a fact. EON has rewrote the timeline of the franchise. Samuel you are just ridiculous. Don't you remember on KTBEU that everytime someone suggested EON could remake past outings with the current Bond he/she got laughted at ? GE2010 IS an insult to the Bond legacy. FACT. Maybe you would accept Craig in MR ? Or GF ? Or TB? Or YOLT ? I don't care if GE2010 is entertaining, good or whatever. It IS an insult to the Bond legacy. Replacing a previous Bond with the current one is not just wrong, it is downright insulting and criminal. You like GE2010, Samuel? Fine. But it you accept EON replacing Brosnan, or Dalton, or Connery, or Moore or Lazenby by the current actor (in this instance, Craig) you simply aren't a Bond fan. What's the point saying 'I love Connery', or 'I love OHMSS' if you are going to accept a remake of their movies with the current Bond actor ? It may only be a video game, but it is produced by EON, so it factually means they do NOT care for the legacy of the franchise. End of.

This may be an excited reaction, but I simply cannot accept EON making such decisions to REPLACE a previous Bond with the current actor. Sorry, just because they haven't done film remake, but just a video game remake, doesn't make it the more acceptable.
    In your view. Again I doubt any see it as an insult. It's a game, which as said, isn't cannon. EON didn't rewrite the timeline of the entire franchise just by putting Craig in a GoldenEye game, they're different mediums, the games and films, unrelated. So of course I would accept Craig in another film adaptation of a game as it's the only way it could be done though I'd rather original titles were developed too, just like you. Don't mistake It a think it means EON "do not care for the legacy of the franchise" by approving this game, it was just an update of a game put out because the orginal was so well received by fans and critics alike and they wanted to play it again one day if possible, so hear it is, in the only way it can be almost as a thank you. If by accepting this you think I'm not a Bond fan that's stupid, what about the hundreds of members of the public who seem not to care?

I've never played this game but will in November. I'd be more upset with any changes made to the story than Daniel Craig's involvement, if there are majors changes I too would be pretty annoyed with it and would hope no further games of past films were produced because the same would probably happen again.
    I must have missed something... Is Daniel Craig the only actor that played Bond? Connery, Moore, Brosnan et al never existed ?
    I must have missed something... Is Daniel Craig the only actor that played Bond? Connery, Moore, Brosnan et al never existed ?
    If Activision are producing Bond games then he's the only actor you'll see as Bond, yes.

How this means the rest never existed I've no idea.

In ten years you can complain about Bond #7, it's the way it is. You can hardly blame EON for wanting to capitalise on their merchandise.

As far as I'm concerned, if the story's the same I'm OK with that. That's the main thing though it's a videogame so there are bound to be changes somewhere.
    The game is a cheap COD clone. I mean look at NF, it was an original material with open gameplay and used a brand new engine to be developed, not using COD:MW engines and copy their rubbish stories and gameplays. Uh, that's disgusting.
    I agree with DaltonCraig007. He's right. What is wrong with Activision just making games with Daniel Craig. We need to see an original game with Connery set in the first half of 1960s, or with Moore in early 1980s (but without cold elements) or Dalton's LTK or the return of Brosnan in Phoenix Rising (the unreleased 2005 Bond game).
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    If you were not happy about the news that Activision will be bringing last year's Nintendo Wii 'exclusive' to the PS3 and Xbox 360, you may enjoy this spoof Activision video interview about "GoldenEye 007: Reloaded" where the commentator takes on the publisher, similarities to "Call of Duty", and the revenue brought by re-releases and downloadable content.

Haha, I love how it just turns into Call of Duty bashing.
    I enjoy CoD, but Bond isn't CoD. And IMO Bond isn't fit for an FPS. Take the Blood Stone engine and mechanics and improve on something that has promise instead of going and doing something you've already done.
    I hate COD games. They ruined the FPS gameplay. I know what you're all gonna say, "it became a bestseller game in FPS genre and the world prefers it..." blah, blah, blah. COD games must SINK DOWN! All the QTE system, automatic gameplay, spoiled storylines, disturbing controls... How can you call it a FPS game? If you want to know a REAL FPS game, then it's "Half-Life", "Counter-Strike", "SiN Episodes: Emergence", "No One Lives Forever" and its sequel and side-quel, on PC. On Console, "GoldenEye 64", "Agent Under Fire", "NightFire", "Perfect Dark" and its sequel... I'm not just talking about the stories, I'm concentrating on the gameplay, which is the most important in any game. For example, in classic FPS (real FPS, as I prefer them to be called) had open gameplay, where you can jump wherever you want, punch and kick the enemies however you want by pressing different buttons, killing boss villains in the end of any level which are considered to be hard, and NOT like those COD type games where you, in the middle of the level will use the QTE system to take down the villains with just one button, that really SUCKS! And those regenerating health-bar is annoying me. When you play COD, you're just laughing at yourself, I prefer to go and watch a movie than play a COD game where everything moves and acts itself automatically instead of letting the player use his mind and brain to go on finding out clues without the help of a map, not just passing the levels easily but getting tortured to finish the level facing hardcore AI and difficult completion of levels. Activision just ruined the FPS world as well as TPS. "Blood Stone" was a TPS with COD mechanics. But, EON and FRWL were the last games to be called a real TPS. But, despite "Avatar: The Game" had regen health, the gameplay was very good. EA made a COD-like game GERA which brought shame to the franchise and the "GoldenEye" name. Activision ruined the whole 007 universe and reprises their COD games instead.