Most violent James Bond movie?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Krest's demise, the shark scenes, Lupe's whipping, Dario's demise, Sanchez on fire etc. are all fantastic scenes and help to make LTK my number four.
    My number 2!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Krest's demise, the shark scenes, Lupe's whipping, Dario's demise, Sanchez on fire etc. are all fantastic scenes and help to make LTK my number four.
    My number 2!

Mine too! :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    My number 2!

But... every time I watch it, for a few days after it becomes my #1... :-??
    My number 2!

But... every time I watch it, for a few days after it becomes my #1... :-??

Nothing will ever replace GoldenEye from my #1 spot. ;)
    As a big Pierce fan I get that.
    :)>-
    What's really interesting is that a few years ago LTK was in the bottom 3 but after rewatching it with a more mature frame of mind, It skyrocketed right up to #2.
    What's really interesting is that a few years ago LTK was in the bottom 3 but after rewatching it with a more mature frame of mind, It skyrocketed right up to #2.
    It was only after reading Fleming that I really appreciated it myself. I admit to being too used to the Moore movies when it was released, and even though I liked TLD, I thought back then that LTK went a bit too far, like it was trying to compete with R-rated stuff like Lethal Weapon 2...
    Now I comprehend its daring brilliance.
    I think Lethal Weapon 2 is pretty tame compared to Licence to Kill. Licence to Kill reminds me of the movies Cannon Films was putting out in the mid 80's abit with a higher budget and better script. That's why I enjoy it so much now.
    I think Lethal Weapon 2 is pretty tame compared to Licence to Kill.
    I wouldn't say tame, just a bit more Looney Toons. It's pretty dark, but in a relatively OTT way, where LTK is pretty freakin' down & dirty.
    I like LW2, but I LOVE LTK.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    LTK GE and TLD all poorly made in my eyes and my bottom three. GE was better made but still rubbish. And I am a PB fan btw. liked TD too but he too stiff... you can't act Bond ..you have to be Bond. Craig did serious approach too and got it.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 2,341
    I have always felt that Bond violence is carried out with such good taste. LTK is by far the most violent with many gruesome murder-death scenes but they are tastefully done. If you compare it to Die Hard, Lethal weapon, Commando, and some other action films at the time, LTK violence is toned down (I would never say "mild" but nevertheless)
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    LTK GE and TLD all poorly made in my eyes and my bottom three.
    No Christmas card from me THIS year.
    [-X
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    [-X

Haha I definitely disagree about GE and TLD but LTK's production values were pretty underwhelming by Bond standards.

[-X

Haha I definitely disagree about GE and TLD but LTK's production values were pretty underwhelming by Bond standards.
    But, much like Dr. No, it delivered in the important areas!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople

You have learned well Mr. Murdock.

LTK is truly the most violent, however, DAD made me violently ill.

The most violent scene in the series is, to me, the stairwell fight in CR.
    Kerim wrote: »

Die Another Day was adaquate, However The Man With The Golden Gun is a lobotomy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Kerim wrote: »

Die Another Day was adaquate, However The Man With The Golden Gun is a lobotomy.

That's Goldfinger, for me. At least TMWTGG has Christopher Lee and a midget.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2014 Posts: 15,690
    I was never as shocked by Bond's violence than in the karate-girl scene by how ferociously he pushed that last bad guy on the ground.
    I was never as shocked by Bond's violence than in the karate-girl scene by how ferociously he pushed that last bad guy on the ground.

And after the way the girls destroyed his "package". Pretty brutal stuff.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    OHMSS is a pretty violent Bond film. Funny nobody mentioned it so far.
    OHMSS is not more violent than say TB or YOLT
    And the violence is in keeping with the narrative. Like Total Recall v. Terminator. Terminator seemed okay with the narrative but Total Recall went too far. IMO
    Every Bond film is violent, and often disgustingly so. You are quite right about TB and YOLT. LTK probably takes the cake like so many have mentioned, with CR not too far behind.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I suppose it depends on how graphic the violence is and the general tone of the film.

With Majesty's the worst violence is quite brief (being engulfed with the flame-thrower and the henchman's encounter with the plough tractor) so it's not seen as big a problem.

Kill is a film with a much grimmer tone all round so the violence is more emphasised.
    I remember Bond strangling that poor goon with a ski. Phew! Pretty intense.
    That fistfight in the hotel room is really intense as well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2014 Posts: 15,690
    Whenever you start watching OHMSS, you know the **** is about to get real just by the first fight scene on the beach. Lazenby's fighting skills were epic and Peter Hunt knew how to take advantage of it. Whatever shortcomings Lazenby had in the dramatic scenes, he made up for it big time in the action sequences.
    I guess that personal violence (when we get to see the persons being killed) is more effective than impersonal violence (where those killed are faceless). Case in point : DAF has a much higher body count than LTK (all the military personnel of those bases hit by the laser), but we don't really care about them. Same with the faceless mooks killed in TSWLM. But we know the people killed in LTK, and that makes it more personal for us. On that level, due to the emotional involvement and the manner in which they meet their fate (whether seen or, in Delia's case, unseen), LTK is the more violent Bond movie.
    The violence in LTK is also more graphic with the shots of Felix's severed leg and Sanchez on fire (which goes on longer than Mr Wint's).