Jason Bourne vs. Ethan Hunt

2»

Comments

In my opinion, the first MI movie is equal to some of the Bond films. Parts of the movie remind me of TLD, which is a good Bond movie to say the least.
    To be honest with you, I consider TLD one of the worst Bond films. Don't get me wrong, I just don't like it. But, LTK was pretty good.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Why do I want to call those PROPER Bond and Bond Girl?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    There are a few common threads between the MI series and the Bond films. Dangerous missions, exciting action, and beautiful women. I consider Ethan Hunt to be much more realistic than Bond. In MI 1 Hunt showed a lot of his true self when thrown out to dry as a rogue agent. He knows he can't count on anyone and must do this himself. MI 2 was a great action film, obviously since John Woo directed it. It isn't nearly as serious as MI 1 or 3, but a fun ride. In MI3 we see the best of Ethan. He, unlike Bond has attachment to the women he pursues and is engaged to Julia. Out of the blue he gets a mission to save a fellow operative he trained, which leads to a mysterious rabbit's foot, of which we never find out what its purpose/danger is. The mystery of the object was great, and I was angry that we never find out. Hopefully MI 4 this December will tell us. Short story shorter, Bond has a suave and finesse with his women and the way he finishes his missions, while Ethan relies on more realistic means to get his ends, and gets into relationships where he has great care for the woman.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The MI4 trailer looks amazing, and the plot seems well thought out and executed. I hope the movie is smart yet action packed like we have come to expect from the series. J.J. Abrams is still on board, so my hopes are high. My only worry is about Julia Meade, the love of Ethan's life. MI3 ended great, with the couple walking away on vacation while Luther and the rest of the gang celebrated behind. Going into MI4 the last thing I want to hear is Julia either divorcing Ethan for his over commitment for his job, or that she died. If they take Julia out of the movie it would ruin the great ride that MI3 was. Has anyone heard if Michelle Monaghan will appear or is at least on a casting list? Anything at all about the possibility of Julia in MI4?
    Has anyone heard if Michelle Monaghan will appear or is at least on a casting list? Anything at all about the possibility of Julia in MI4?
    I don't think so, Michelle Monaghan is totally a heart-breaker woman. She loves to break the leading heroes' hearts. Including Tom Cruise (Hunt), Ben Stiller, and the main guy in "Made of Honour" film.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 4,619
    It looks like the 3 major action movies (movies that are action movies first and foremost - so not comic book adaptations or sci-fi movies or fantasy movies) of the next 2 years will be Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, The Bourne Legacy and Bond 23.

I can't wait to find out which will be the most critically and which the most commercially successful out of these three. I bet on Bond!

(By the way, speaking of these movies, I just discovered today that there is at least one man who worked on all three franchise: the cinematographer Robert Elswit worked on TND, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and he is now shooting The Bourne Legacy.)