When and How do you want the Bond series to end? or Not end at all?

edited November 2012 in News Posts: 1,965
IDK if theres a thread on this already if there is throw it my way.

Do you want it to end? If so when and how?
Do you not want to end? If so why?

For me I kinda do want it to end once Craig is done with Bond. I just feel it would be over kill if they get another actor to play James Bond again after Craig. I feel if they keep trying to drag out the series once Craig leaves it would just lose its taste. Its confirmed that Craig has signed on to do 2 more Bond films and I feel like once those 2 films are done they should end the series for good.

This is how I would end it.
Have Bond 24 come out 2014, have it being a classic Bond film with gadgets, villians, girls, etc.

Then I would like for Bond 25 to be the last Bond film ever. Coming out in 2017 during the 55 anniversary of the series and I would have him killed off. Now idk how the plot of the film would go to kill him off but I would like the Bond film series to end with him getting killed off. I think it would be the best way for it to end.

Please reply and comment on what you would like the Bond film series to go after Bond 25. I would love to know.

Comments

• 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    Never.

This is James Bond, such a brilliant universe, I hope it will continue long after I die so my children and childrens' children (I'm only 18) can appreciate it.

We need at least one movie role model who has some class to fight back against the terrible character we are seeing today!

Also my dream one day is to direct a Bond film....one day...one day...
    :D
  • I really am against the idea of the series ending.
  • Not disrespect meant, but you are kidding right?!! The idea of Bond ending, especially after the next two is utterly ridiculous.

It's been going for 50 years!!! Skyfall has smashed previous records!!! Why on earth would there be any point in it ending or for anyone to want it to end??? I am lost for further words...
  • I would never want the series to end- but I wouldn't be against a one-off film that shows the end of Bond's career though-- sort of like Dark Knight Returns. That would be pretty badass, really.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I don't want it to end. Not sure why you want it to end after Craig. His films are (except QOS) good but not so amazing that they should end the series after, and the series is still successful.
    I would never want the series to end- but I wouldn't be against a one-off film that shows the end of Bond's career though

Starring Dalton as an older Bond!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is like asking how I'd want my parents to go!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This isn't news...
    Follow the links.
This discussion has been closed.