The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    United losing 2 - 0 not surprised at all, utter garbage
    Games not going well FPL wise…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I got my worst score last week, I will be lucky to beat it. Aubameyang scored
    I got my worst score last week, I will be lucky to beat it. Aubameyang scored

Hope Arsenal can win this game. Means nothing in the bigger picture but still…
    City scored again, at least Liverpool won't win the league
    Ole is clueless
    Aubameyang again! He's been great this season.

…and Burnley goal, damn…
    Depressing end to the season for me, United fans appear split on Ole.
    Mane goal looks like TAA assist again
    Depressing end to the season for me, United fans appear split on Ole.

Arsenal the last few seasons this…
    Etheridge has given me 9 points so far, small consolation

That sure is something! Great result for a goalie in FPL.

He was playing against the worst attack in the keague

That's a bit harsh on your own team!

Had a one point lead going into the final gameweek in a cash league. I'm looking at 50 points before bonus points. My mini league rival: 73 before bonus points…

Had a one point lead going into the final gameweek in a cash league. I'm looking at 50 points before bonus points. My mini league rival: 73 before bonus points…

I said earlier we are bad, we really are bad it's not good. I am always honest about my team, things were better under Jose than its been the last few months
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,270

I said earlier we are bad, we really are bad it's not good. I am always honest about my team, things were better under Jose than its been the last few months

I still don't understand why United wanted to bring in an Eliteserien manager to manage that group of players. It's really bizarre.

I still don't understand why United wanted to bring in an Eliteserien manager to manage that group of players. It's really bizarre.

The club stupidly tried to appease the fans when results were good, I blame idiots who say Messi Lingard and Ole is at the Wheel. I had my doubts and I was right

The club stupidly tried to appease the fans when results were good, I blame idiots who say Messi Lingard and Ole is at the Wheel. I had my doubts and I was right

There were plenty of reasons to be sceptical. He's won the league here in Norway, but he hasn't necessarily been any better manager than others in the league. Also, there are managers like Conte available. Surely there were alternatives?

But, for all we know, Ole might get a fantastic season backed by good transfers. United have the money at least.
    Now that all league scores are counted by FPL, we can have a final look at how the season went!

Final Back of the net! league table:

1. Dinamo Skruknott
    - TOT: 2324
    2. LVLA Skopje 05 - TOT: 2191
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - TOT: 2178
    4. We Need Help - TOT: 2112
    5. Kloppites - TOT: 2089
    6. Flitwick Flyers - TOT: 2059
    7. TEAM EXTREME - TOT: 2010
    8. alisson wonderland - TOT: 1992
    9. The Wizard Rises - TOT: 1991
    10. Mexico Power - TOT: 1936
    11. Octobenny - TOT: 1857

Looking at overall ranks, we all finished 3,552,000 or higher out of 6,3m players, which is good! This season has been full of twists and turns, and some gameweeks have been really difficult, including rotation, injuries and players failing to perform when we needed it the most. And of course there's been some great ones as well.

When we look back at how the teams and players performed throughout the season, we see that there has been some players that has exceeded our predictions – especially some of the Wolves players, which have been absolute bargains for their price. At a starting price of £5.5, we wouldn't have predicted Raúl Jiménez to finish top three of the strikers in terms of points, but he did! This just shows how much a difference finding the "hidden gems" in the game can make, as they deliver points as well as allowing a better team structure.

It's also quite noticeable that the defenders and midfielders have been go-to options for points, more than the strikers. Of course, the defenders and the midfielders get points for clean sheets and even more for attacking returns than the strikers, but we might have predicted at least a few strikers to be chasing the highest point scores in the game. Where does that leave FPL managers for next season? There might be a case to consider a heavy midfield and defence perhaps.

Some out of position players – like Jota for example, will maybe be reclassified before next season. That might make these players less of a must have, but I'm sure several of them will still deliver the points in 2019/20.

I hope everyone has had a fun time playing FPL this season, and I really hope we can put together another season with the Back of the net! league. I want to finish up this season summary with asking if there's more than can be done with this thread in terms of keeping things interesting, and if anyone has any suggestions?

I also hope everyone involved in our league will want to return next season. I will put up the league again for the 2019/20 season when the game is updated – which I think will be in early July.

Again, any suggestions for the thread and its content is much appreciated! Hope to hear from as many as possible. Also, if anyone knows of other MI6 Community members that might be interested in joining the game, let them know we have a league!
    Congrats to everyone who took part.

Count me in for next season it will be good to have a short break as the new season will arrive quickly, though I am a FPL player for life now really enjoyed learning the game.

I have watched some great FPL YouTube sites which became a weekly sometimes daily must for me.

FPL has enabled me to enjoy this season despite Man United being terrible.

Same here,its been great fun !!

Hopefully I will be raring to go again next season.
    Congrats to everyone who took part.

Count me in for next season it will be good to have a short break as the new season will arrive quickly, though I am a FPL player for life now really enjoyed learning the game.

I have watched some great FPL YouTube sites which became a weekly sometimes daily must for me.

FPL has enabled me to enjoy this season despite Man United being terrible.

That's great, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns – I've enjoyed our weekly FPL discussion here on the thread, in a season that has been rather bad for both our teams.

I feel that FPL adds a layer to the games I wouldn't necessary enjoy too much, as I have a couple players involved for example. There's been some irritation too of course, when the players haven't delivered many points!

If you have any suggestions for next season let me know. I'm sure there are ways to improve this thread. :-)
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Same here,its been great fun !!

Hopefully I will be raring to go again next season.

That's great, Barry! Hope Arsenal can land some exciting signings that can be good options in FPL too! Aubameyang and Lacazette have been good options of course, but it's been difficult picking other player from the squad.

If you have any suggestions for the thread, write a few lines :-)
    One thing I must do next season is not be so loyal to United players when they clearly aren't going to deliver FPL points.
    One thing I must do next season is not be so loyal to United players when they clearly aren't going to deliver FPL points.

Who knows, they might bounce back big time. Personally I'll probably keep an eye on pre-season friendlies for an indication of form and potential lineups. That might make it easier to land 15 players going into gameweek 1.

I remember struggling picking a squad for the first game this season. some decisions went wrong, and I spent some time chasing points. I hope some more planning will makes things easier.

Pep Roulette the thawn in the side of all FPL managers :))

Pep Roulette the thawn in the side of all FPL managers :))

Indeed! The rotation will probably be just as difficult to predict next season as well. :))
    FPL Champion: All of New Zealand is excited!
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1220130
    DSC_0845.JPG?width=860&height=573
    Wow, 2,659 points is an incredible achievement! Looking at his scores from gameweek to gameweek, he's got a lot of decisions right this season. He only took 4 hits all season – 2x -4 and 2x -8. Something to keep in mind going into next season.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,265
    Wow, 2,659 points is an incredible achievement! Looking at his scores from gameweek to gameweek, he's got a lot of decisions right this season. He only took 4 hits all season – 2x -4 and 2x -8. Something to keep in mind going into next season.

Crazy points, tomorrow he is doing a tips interview. Luck has to play a part, though it will be interesting how much he has paid attention to stats.

I sometimes used the eye test though never checked stats,, in my first season I just wanted to not overcomplicate things too much whilst getting to know FPL