Would anyone want to see a post credits teaser sequence.

talos7talos7 New Orleans
edited April 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 7,953
I'm actually not sure how I feel about this. The Marvel films have kept people in their seats by having a post credits teaser
Would anyone like to see something like that in a Bond film. I realize that one of the problems with this would be appearing to ripoff the Marvel films. Other than that, any thoughts.

Comments

talos7 wrote:
    I'm actually not sure how I feel about this. The Marvel films have kept people in their seats by having a post credits teaser
    Would anyone like to see something like that in a Bond film. I realize that one of the problems with this would be appearing to ripoff the Marvel films. Other than that, any thoughts.

Done in the right way it could be fun, but they never seem to have the next film figured out enough to set this up. On balanca, no.

Generally, I would say "no."

But, with one exception: I think having that yet-to-be-revealed sequence when Bond confronts Mr. White would have been a good post-title thing.

Other than that, I'm not big on it.
  • As @Getafix points out, the producers don't know the direction of the next film. Imagine if a Post creadits teaser was done for OHMSS, set in M's office, day after the wedding, Bond still in his wedding gear looking distraught and upset, baying for blood, revenge and M revealing of a lead in Tokyo...sounds alright? But then the PTS for DAF is completely different in tone to that
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I miss the old days, since they were going by the Fleming novels and already knew the name of the next film. I think it would be cool if they could at least decide on the title of the next movie, and then say 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN ______' after the credits.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I wouldn't like this, personally. I think it's just another trend Bond should choose not to follow. At best 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN IN .....' would be to biggest surprise as the credits end.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd love a post-credits scene, which is probably what should have been done with the deleted Guy Haines/Mr. White scene from QoS.
    Yes actually, this would be rather cool! I'd like it to be a bonus fight with a henchman from the movie who, prior to the credits, we thought had escaped Bond's wrath, and then, he gets owned!