Licence to Kill Wedding Party Scene

edited April 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 643
Anyone find it weird that Della and Bond kiss on the lips twice?

Comments

No. I didn't find it weird.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Giggity...
    There's history there I reckon...

Yeah, it is sort of strange, I've never understood that. I mean seriously, makin' out with another man's newly-wed? Whew, Bond's got some guts! Hahaha.
    Yes very strange. They've both got their hands all over eachother while Felix is in his study working. [-(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Felix and Bond always shared with each other.
    I haven't seen the incident in question for a while as with License to Kill as a whole, but It's the first time such a thing has been brought to my attention. I don't think it's strange or untoward or anything such from what I can remember, seems a harmless enough incident etc
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    You obviously haven't been to to many weddings. The bride gets kissed alot on her wedding day.
    Nothing in the scene in LTK suggests to me, that Bond and Della kissing twice is anything unusual or that Felix should be concerned...at least not about Bond anyway.
  • echoecho 007 in New York

Three's company.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just watched LTK and every time I watch the film I have a WTF moment. It is odd to me of course, because Felix and Bond are trusted associates and loyal to each other. Apparently everyone was all over Della at the wedding, because the local cop who turned out to be a turncoat mentions "I just came to kiss the bride". I still find it weird, no matter how close Felix and Bond are. Just damn strange. And then there's Pam disguised alone with Felix, when Bond implies he is perusing her sexually, after he himself laid one on Della! Weird scene, and I don't know what was going through the heads of Maibaum and MGW.
    I have never understand that and I've been eager to ask here if there is some cultural interaction I don't get... It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who find it weird.
    0013 wrote:
    I have never understand that and I've been eager to ask here if there is some cultural interaction I don't get... It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who find it weird.

Here in America (Felix and Della are Americans) yes it's customary to kiss the bride but usually on the cheek. If it's on the lips, maybe once after greeting her, but Della and Bond were just walking around the house having a good time. It is strange but for some reason makes me love Bond more. Only he could get away with that.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    But Bond is Felix best man and a close family friend. It's not like they slept with each other.
    He's James Bond, he can get away with anything. I'm guessing that they maybe they had history before she got with Felix.

yep, if only Della hadn't been brutally murdered, Bond could have been in there!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i found the kissing a little weird as well.... but it's not like Bond was feeling her up or anything..... i'm sure it was meant to show a history between the two - not that they had it going on between themselves, but maybe a close friendship..... who knows...

it's weird for me, because i would never kiss my friend's bride on the lips.... but then again, i'm not a suave MFer like Bond lol.
  • I think that Cubby, Dalton, and Glenn were trying to do is make Della be like Tracey in the sense of Bond's relationship with that person. Granted Bond and Tracey were married so it's impossible to exactly duplicate with someone else's bride, but because we saw how close they were, it added to anger over her death, kinda like in OHMSS. In other words, this wasn't just another girl Bond's little black book that died.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I was once a best man for a couple who were both very close friends of mine. I sure as heck kissed her on the smacker but like Bond it was brief and hardly meant anything. Wedding days are joyous, everyone is relaxed and..oh you know.
    NicNac wrote:
    I was once a best man for a couple who were both very close friends of mine. I sure as heck kissed her on the smacker but like Bond it was brief and hardly meant anything. Wedding days are joyous, everyone is relaxed and..oh you know.

I think we're looking a bit too much into it @NicNac. Like you say wedding days are meant to be joyous and this was reflected in LTK. There was no doubt Della and Bond were friends but I never got the impression they'd been lovers in the past.
    Surely, if they were really close, she would have known that Bond had been married before?
    Surely, if they were really close, she would have known that Bond had been married before?

Good point!
  • Bond's marriage is a touchy subject so I don't think he tells other people (I even think Felix learned from someone else other then James)
    00Beast wrote:

Yeah, it is sort of strange, I've never understood that. I mean seriously, makin' out with another man's newly-wed? Whew, Bond's got some guts! Hahaha.

He does have a license to kill and Leiter knows it.:D

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

Weird? No. Sexy? Awww yeah.
    When Leiter and Della give Dalton the lighter at the reception, you can always clearly see the tube attached to his arm that gives the flame such a high intensity. Furthermore must have been some lighter to give off a flame so intense, should of been a Q gadget or something..