CLOSED

Comments

• jbohoh7jbohoh7 Jet Skiing into Atlantis
    edited February 2019 Posts: 65
    Mueller's track record is pretty damn good so far. That's a horse it's pretty safe to bet on. And if you want to talk corrupt politicians, try looking at the Russian$$$-to NRA-to Republican congresscritters connection. I'm surprised that a site focusing on the fictional spy 007 doesn't make more of a play on real-world secret intelligence hijinks. The Russians have been a little too open about such things in the last several years and methinks they're overdue for some comeuppance. Go ahead, disagree. Prove me wrong.

You can look at Clinton selling 20% of Uranium stocks to Russia too.

Unlike you, and so many others, I shall withhold judgement on Trump, or any other person, until after the trial. So for the time being I shall respect the "Vote" and live life as usual. If you chose to be "angry" for the next 2-5 years because of the "Vote" then you are free to do so. Just don;t preach your lifestyle to anyone how thinks differently.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    @jbohoh7 and @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    Get a room. ;)

You got a response like you wanted, @jbohoh7. It would be good, I think, if you would both carry this on privately but not on this thread. Just my opinion; it is not my thread.

Plenty of information from many sources debunking the Clinton uranium stories. Plenty of info detailing money laundering by Trump. You can both find sources that spout both sides. I simply don't want this thread closed. I appreciate it, for all kinds of news (yes, besides Trump, though that is important).

No problem, I've posted other "News" but other members only comment on my politics post, so just feel entitled to a response.

I did not know that a James Bond Fan website was only Liberal. Perhaps the owners should note that in the Disclaimer before new members sign up.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know politics can get heated, so if it starts to get that way between members, before it turns too foul, please take your discussions to a PM so this doesn't get off topic, out of control, nasty, and subsequently closed. Thanks, everyone.
    It makes me uncomfortable when members are calling each other names, stuff like that. Just to be a little more clear where I'm coming from. I don't mind differing opinions and I like for people to discuss matters. Conservatives to liberals, everybody has the right to their opinion and free speech matters. On this forum thread, I like to have different opinions and sources given. I just don't like people getting too heated up against each other.
  • I don't recall calling anybody any names...but hey, I never knew this site was only for liberals either. Facts are such funny things...

Okay I'm done until after tonight's Big Speech. Let's see how the Uniter-In-Chief does with that...
    Yes, all sides can look forward to Trump and Pelosi. Sort of. :)
    Yes, all sides can look forward to Trump and Pelosi. Sort of. :)

Pelosi....really...omg,...don't even get me started.....hahaha! :)
    edited February 2019 Posts: 12,459
    And Stacey Abrams. :) Yes, I am really looking forward to all of them. Some will be more ... entertaining ... than others. ;)
    DJI up 172 to 25,411 today. Good day for all.

• Reduced to quoting oneself, with nothing new to add. Oh dear.
    It's all about the money, yes. "Follow the money" ... ;)
    I'll leave you all with that for today.
  • jbohoh7 wrote: »

True what they say. when you pass a certain age you start regressing?

I believe I first saw this joke in MAD Magazine in the early '60s: "If you're not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at the age of 60, you have no head." I can at least lay claim to having a heart...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,946
    jbohoh7 wrote: »
    Mueller's track record is pretty damn good so far. That's a horse it's pretty safe to bet on. And if you want to talk corrupt politicians, try looking at the Russian$$$-to NRA-to Republican congresscritters connection. I'm surprised that a site focusing on the fictional spy 007 doesn't make more of a play on real-world secret intelligence hijinks. The Russians have been a little too open about such things in the last several years and methinks they're overdue for some comeuppance. Go ahead, disagree. Prove me wrong.

Unlike you, and so many others, I shall withhold judgement on Trump, or any other person, until after the trial. So for the time being I shall respect the "Vote" and live life as usual. If you chose to be "angry" for the next 2-5 years because of the "Vote" then you are free to do so. Just don;t preach your lifestyle to anyone how thinks differently.

You mean to say under Clinton's watch 20% of stocks in uranium company's was sold to a Russian (linked to Putin) power company. It wouldn't otherwise make sense as Russia is nr. 6 in the world's production of the stuff.
    Still, not a situation you want.
    Prefereably you want a president who wanted his name on a tower in the heart of Moscow, and was dealing with those same Russians to get it done up to his election. And that's the least of the accusations, if anything more substantial he might even be beeing blackmailed by Putin. That would at least clarify the fact that he does believe Putin over his own heads of intelligence.

Somehow you guys were going to be.............. one way or the other.

Oh and don't get me started on journalists. whenever you think you've been as clear as can be and there's no way to twist the story they turn out to be more creative then you thought possible. At least in my experience.

You mean to say under Clinton's watch 20% of stocks in uranium company's was sold to a Russian (linked to Putin) power company. It wouldn't otherwise make sense as Russia is nr. 6 in the world's production of the stuff.
    Still, not a situation you want.
    Prefereably you want a president who wanted his name on a tower in the heart of Moscow, and was dealing with those same Russians to get it done up to his election. And that's the least of the accusations, if anything more substantial he might even be beeing blackmailed by Putin. That would at least clarify the fact that he does believe Putin over his own heads of intelligence.

Somehow you guys were going to be.............. one way or the other.

Oh and don't get me started on journalists. whenever you think you've been as clear as can be and there's no way to twist the story they turn out to be more creative then you thought possible. At least in my experience.

Hey Bro, didn't you get the memo...move on. :)

True what they say. when you pass a certain age you start regressing?

I believe I first saw this joke in MAD Magazine in the early '60s: "If you're not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at the age of 60, you have no head." I can at least lay claim to having a heart...

Good that you have a heart, but this is not a dating website. At least I can claim to having a head. There was definite wisdom back in those days, in media. Not so much now.
    https://davemanuel.com/pols/nancy-pelosi/

Nancys' Holdings. Wow, how come she doesn't donate her Gov't salary, like Trump does.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Where are all the good men dead. In the heart. Or in the head.

A non-Bond discussion topic that's geared to revert to insults (toward public figures or between posters) is bad for the MI6 Community. It does affect other discussion and board behavior.

• I believe I first saw this joke in MAD Magazine in the early '60s: "If you're not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at the age of 60, you have no head." I can at least lay claim to having a heart...
    Where are all the good men dead. In the heart. Or in the head.

A non-Bond discussion topic that's geared to revert to insults (toward public figures or between posters) is bad for the MI6 Community. It does affect other discussion and board behavior.

I'm at least trying to make jokes at my own expense here... a little levity, y'know, just to lighten things up...but some don't seem to get the message. Ah well...
    Mainstream Media takes aim at Disney again. Now more specifically Mary Poppins:

https://nytimes.com/2019/01/28/movies/mary-poppins-returns-blackface.html

Just a matter of time till they set their sights on 60's Bond. and how women were portrayed in that era.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mainstream Media takes aim at Disney again. Now more specifically Mary Poppins:

https://nytimes.com/2019/01/28/movies/mary-poppins-returns-blackface.html

Just a matter of time till they set their sights on 60's Bond. and how women were portrayed in that era.

Such idiocy is way ahead of you:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/910375/James-Bond-sexist-racist-Sean-Connery-Roger-Moore-millennials

Nancys' Holdings. Wow, how come she doesn't donate her Gov't salary, like Trump does.

Really? Please. I have two words for you: emoluments clause. Look it up, realize that Don the Con is in constant violation of it...and tell us again about how generous his "donation" is.

Really? Please. I have two words for you: emoluments clause. Look it up, realize that Don the Con is in constant violation of it...and tell us again about how generous his "donation" is.

Omg...you again, can't let it go...can you?

From what I know about the "emoluments clause" is that it deals with Receiving, donations/gifts, not Giving donations. Never heard of a law that actually Prevents individuals from donating to Charities. But you must be an expert in such matters, so I'll leave that to you.

Therefore if what you say is true, then, I believe JFK also donated all of his Gov't salary too, so I guess you can call him John the Con..as well.

Btw. did you ever get "permission" to use Beatles name, in your handle? Could be copy-write infringement. Music industry can be so touchy these days, when you use their property without their permission......hope nobody reports you....just sayin'...

cue: Baron Samedi laugh.
  • The emoluments clause (among other things) forbids the president from receiving payments and gifts from foreign entities. Every time diplomats from a foreign government stays at a Trump hotel while trying to meet with the president (hint: they do it a lot!) Trump is receiving a payment from a foreign entity.

Your grasp of copyright law seems about as feeble as your understanding of the emoluments clause. Cue: Looney Toons outro...

The emoluments clause (among other things) forbids the president from receiving payments and gifts from foreign entities. Every time diplomats from a foreign government stays at a Trump hotel while trying to meet with the president (hint: they do it a lot!) Trump is receiving a payment from a foreign entity.

Your grasp of copyright law seems about as feeble as your understanding of the emoluments clause. Cue: Looney Toons outro...

The ole switch-a-roo ploy....

I see you are back to being juvenile, cause your you-tube post is synonymous with the Looney Left..how appropriate ...

This is a complete waste of time.
    The emoluments clause (among other things) forbids the president from receiving payments and gifts from foreign entities. Every time diplomats from a foreign government stays at a Trump hotel while trying to meet with the president (hint: they do it a lot!) Trump is receiving a payment from a foreign entity.

The ole switch-a-roo ploy....

I see you are back to being juvenile, cause your you-tube post is synonymous with the Looney Left..how appropriate ...

This is a complete waste of time.

Oh, so YOU can end on a Baron Samedi laugh but I can't reference a classic cartoon outro without eliciting your scorn. Typical right-wing hypocrite move. I must agree with one thing though: your every posting is a complete waste of time.

Th-th-th-that's all folks!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Well that's beeing a bit over sensitive if you ask me. IT isn't as if he was beeing either shiny black or the guy in the KKK suit...... He was trying to be a rapper he listened to. Oh, wait, subtle diffrernces, nobody cares anymore...

Well that's beeing a bit over sensitive if you ask me. IT isn't as if he was beeing either shiny black or the guy in the KKK suit...... He was trying to be a rapper he listened to. Oh, wait, subtle diffrernces, nobody cares anymore...

Think everyone is in Paranoia mode, right now. He's bringing it up in advance to "save face" I suppose.

You ever been to the Pitch Lake?
This discussion has been closed.