The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

DarthDimi wrote:
    How about after the Craig years, @BAIN123? ;-)

Hmm...nah. When I think of Wade I automatically think of JDB and PB exchanging witicisms. It wouldn't be the same :(
    I think Bond was suspicious against Wade since he looked exactly like Brad Whitaker. That's why he is so rude when they first meet. And a return of Valentin would be very welcome. We still haven't seen when Bond gave him the limp, stole his car and took his girl.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 078</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Jack Wade still has potential as a character after the Craig era.</b></font>

Nah. Once in GE was OK, the second time in TND was unnecessary. No more is needed. I wish they'd bring back Tiger Tanaka or Marc-Ange Draco instead.

I think Bond was suspicious against Wade since he looked exactly like Brad Whitaker. That's why he is so rude when they first meet. And a return of Valentin would be very welcome. We still haven't seen when Bond gave him the limp, stole his car and took his girl.

Agreed BRING BACK ROBBIE!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If there is another reboot down the line I'd love to see how Bond gave Valentin a limp, and also for Mathis to be back and have him and Bond the same age and have a long history of working together like in the novels.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 176
    Nah. I liked Wade but I'd rather stick with Felix. No real reason other that it's traditional.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Wade was awful - reminded me of the tobacco chewing dumb cop in the early Moore movies. Just another part of car crash that was the Brosnan era.

He actor was pretty bad in TLD as well - weakest part of that film IMO.
    Nah, keep him in the PB timeline. I've no interest of Craig or a future Bond meeting the likes of Wade, Paris, Zukovsky etc. Let it be. There's plenty of other fish in the sea.
  • I agree with slyfox. I loved Wade and especially Zukovsky but they are part of the Brosnan era. Let them be.
    Thesis 078
    I have zero interest in seeing Jack Wade again. I didn't even like seeing him in TND. He should have been a 'one off' like Chuck Lee in AVTAK or Luigi in FYEO. Or better yet, he should have been FELIX. We never got to see Pierce's Bond work with Felix
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 079</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>In AVTAK the use of stunt doubles for Bond is most obvious of all the films.</b></font>
    Oh yeah. Big time
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Yep, no doubt about it. The one that stands out the most is when Bond is underwater.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,813
    It's so funny too- especially when he leaps and rolls with the shotgun in Stacey's house-- it reminds me of Frank Drebin in the first Naked Gun! lol

Agreed 100%. Grandpa Bond couldn't do anything without obvious stunt doubles in this film
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I bet he could still take a shower with Stacey without a stunt double. I know I would. ;-)
    yep agree 100%! I could have doubled for him in the Stacey shower scene without too much protest! :D
    I think apart from the MR PTS, AVTAK is the Bond film with the most visible stunt men.
    Especially in the Paris car chase and when Bond jumps on the elevator in the Eiffel Tower.
    I think apart from the MR PTS, AVTAK is the Bond film with the most visible stunt men.
    Especially in the Paris car chase and when Bond jumps on the elevator in the Eiffel Tower.

But even in the MR PTS it was shot in such a way that made it believable. AVTAK just seemed lazy in this sense
    It's so funny too- especially when he leaps and rolls with the shotgun in Stacey's house-- it reminds me of Frank Drebin in the first Naked Gun! lol
    I feel the same, and I must admit I don´t even feel guilty loving the obviousness!

bondbat007 wrote:

But even in the MR PTS it was shot in such a way that made it believable. AVTAK just seemed lazy in this sense

I don't think that the fact that it obviously isn't Richard Kiel in the air reduces the quality of that scene. I still think that the stunt doubles did an incredible job!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I agree with this and Moore's age made things worse. The stuntmen were so much younger than him!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I bet he could still take a shower with Stacey without a stunt double. I know I would. ;-)

.....and your what, half his age!? \:D/ Naughty boy! Anyhow who's to say Stacey didn't have a stunt double? :P
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 079</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>In AVTAK the use of stunt doubles for Bond is most obvious of all the films.</b></font>

Ya think?

I'd say an unqualified YES.

Oh yes
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,856
    Heck yeah!!
    That's still not a bad chase sequence though. And it's always nice when Bond gets held up in a party of street parade and the villain escapes in the confusion. A classic Bondian motif.
    Yes, probably without question

We saw more of Moore's stunt double than the actor himself in 1985

Should of been called 'A View to a stunt double as I'm incapable of doing my own stunts' or something, it was embarrassing to watch sometimes, look , there's this chap diving around Paris that looks nothing like Roger Moore etc, it was all too obvious sometimes, and you always notice it

Thesis is spot on

Gonna have to agree with that thesis. Honestly the stunt doubles probably deserved equal billing with Moore as the lead.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OBVIOUSLY. And I think I spotted a few dummies too. :-S