The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

Well ANdrea was business and Goodnight pleasure, 007 remained on the case for his country.

Not sure he could pull it of these days. I never minded it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't belive that Rog could've romanced both, let alone one of them.
    Hmmm--- you know we haven't seen Bond have a threeway yet have we? Dan could pull it off I bet without it seeming ridiculous
    Hmmm--- you know we haven't seen Bond have a threeway yet have we? Dan could pull it off I bet without it seeming ridiculous

But only Roger Moore could make it look fun.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 077</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>The deaths of Fekkesh and Kalba are highly dramatic and even horrific.</b></font>
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 774
    I agree, to an extent. Highly dramatic, yes. And the child version of me would agree with 'horrific'; scared me a lot when I was younger. Not so much any more haha. Fekkesh's in particular, with the lights and shadows and music, really scared me. Very dramatic, but well done.
    We don't get to see them so I don't think they are very horrifying.
    Sorry? You don't see Jaws putting his teeth in Kalba's neck?
    Ok, yes we see a glimpse, so it might be scary for children. But for me personally, at my age, it's not so horrifying. But I can give you that their death scenes are dramatic, thanks to the music, especially Kalba's death.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Both were very well done, I agree. They are two of the few moments of the film I actually like.
    i agree and aprove of how this was filmed, which is why they should have kept Jaws as a villain like discussed earliar on this thread.
    Yeah, I'd say so. The deaths of Fekkesh and Kalba were very frightening, which can sometimes be strange for a Bond movie, where usually the deaths are either extremely saddening, like Tracy or Mathis, or extremely goofy, like Kananga or Gustav Graves. Needless to say, this was when Jaws was actually a henchman, not a silly cartoon character played for laughs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Not violent or gory, but frightening by what we don't see... and IMO, a good dose of 'benign bizarre'.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Not violent or gory, but frightening by what we don't see... and IMO, a good dose of 'benign bizarre'.

I'll argee with this
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 077</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>The deaths of Fekkesh and Kalba are highly dramatic and even horrific.</b></font>

Somewhat agree. They are very well done, especially Kalba's with the cutting between his murder and the performers at the Mojaba Club.

<font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 078</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Jack Wade still has potential as a character after the Craig era.</b></font>
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 774
    DarthDimi wrote:
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 078</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Jack Wade still has potential as a character after the Craig era.</b></font>

I could be wrong, but wasn't that the Brosnan era? Unless he reappeared and I missed it. Or if you mean after Craig is done, the character being reused.

He was a weak version of Felix Leiter anyway.
    That's what I mean. He was part of the Brosnan era and obviously there's little chance he'll make it in the Craig era. But who knows, perhaps when the Craig era is over?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    He could easily come back, but since he IMO was a substitute for Felix Leiter I don't think he will, now that Felix has come back. They will likely use him instead.

He could easily come back, but since he IMO was a substitute for Felix Leiter I do think he will, now that Felix has come back. They will likely use him instead.

This. They could bring Zukofsky back though.
    He could easily come back, but since he IMO was a substitute for Felix Leiter I do think he will, now that Felix has come back. They will likely use him instead.

This. They could bring Zukofsky back though.

Maybe we can see Bond give him the limp
    That would be nice indeed. I've always thought there's more work for Coltrane in the Bond films left.
    I liked Jack Wade but I'm not sure I'd want to see him pop up in a Craig film.

Disagree
    How about after the Craig years, @BAIN123? ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Too much time will have passed by that time. In fact, so much, you may as well bring Baker back as a new character again.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Please leave Jack Wade in the Brosnan era.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Let's hope not. You can take that as a disagreement.
    Jack Wade should stay in the Brosnan era. Whoever and whenever DC steps down? They should use the regular established MI6 team and if written in? Felix Leiter!
    Disagree. With Felix Leiter back Jack Wade is pretty pointless. Plus it's been too long since we've seen him last.
  • I think Wade only was a substitute for dear uncle Felix. But now he's back and IMO he's much better and he's a classic character in the Bond franchise.